Surprise at the Auction (3rd)

To say that the Thousand Treasures Pavillion met her expectations was an understatement.

From the very first item to be auctioned off being an extremely rare herb called the Ice Heart Imperial Lotus Flower which had very high medicinal effects and a calming, soothing effect to a person's meridians while providing a substantial boost to a person's cultivation yet despite of this, due to it's rarity, very few knew how to properly refine it which also made it hard for alchemists to maximize it's effects but of course this was nothing to Fan Zhu Xia.

In her mind, there was only one thought that ran through it and it was that Fan Zhu Xia simply had to get this herb! Especially since this was one of the herbs that Fan Zhu Xia actually lacked to fully cure an illness that her father, Fan Hui Zhong had contracted when he entered the Abyss Valley Mountain Range years before which affected his cultivation and damaged his meridians.

With a smile, Old Ma held the small jade box which held three Ice Heart Imperial Lotus Flower inside, he calmly explained it's effects before calling out and stating, "This jade box has runes inscribed that ensured that this three Ice Heart Imperial Lotus Flowers stayed in its perfect state from the moment it was harvested, ensuring that none of it's medicinal properties were lost! Now, this is sold as a whole with each of the Ice Heart Imperial Lotus Flower priced at ten thousand gold, totalling to thirty thousand gold which is the starting price. Now would anyone like to bid?"

Despite of known difficulty in refining it, quite a few people called out their bids, quickly elevating the price by several thousands. This made Fan Zhu Xia frown slightly especially when she heard a familiar voice call out.

"Sixty thousand gold!"

Startled by the voice, Chun Hua's brow furrowed deeply and asked the question in her mind, "Is that the Spirit Valor princess?"

"I'm afraid it is." Min Sheng replied with a grimace.

Apparently, Ning Yan Mei already had a room assigned to her and had only gone to the front hall of the Thousand Treasures Pavillion earlier to look around while she waited for some time to pass as she waited for the auction to start. She just had the misfortune of bumping into Fan Zhu Xia which brought her nothing and had instead caused her to suffer a great loss of face.

Feeling smug, Ning Yan Mei felt as though no one would be bidding anymore when she suddenly heard a voice that made her want to grit her teeth in annoyance.

"Seventy thousand gold." Fan Zhu Xia called out calmly, breaking the lull in bidding.

Not wanting to be defeated by her, Ning Yan Mei then shouted out, "Eighty thousand!"

"Ninety thousand."

"You wench, you better stop bidding and just let this princess have this Ice Heart Imperial Lotus flowers! A hundred thousand gold!"

Feeling her annoyance rise, Fan Zhu Xia then loudly called out, "Two hundred thousand gold!"

Indignant, Ning Yan Mei was about to open her mouth to bid again when the old servant who accompanied her coughed slightly before saying quietly, "Princess, this servant knows you are angry but please do remember that the Ice Heart Imperial Lotus Flower is extremely hard to refine and we would be hard-pressed to find an alchemist that could make a pill out of it. Why not just let it go?"