Days Before the Imperial Banquet (5th)

Aside from the calmness the Blooming Phoenix Courtyard exudes, this particular courtyard was undoubtedly the most protected an dwell-guarded one as well. Not because it was the courtyard of the only Young Miss of the family but also because the Old Patriarch ha decided to move into one of the guest bedroom here temporarily therefore making it the courtyard with the most significant importance.

Inside, Fan Song Xue was in a tranquil state wherein his whole consciousness was sunk into deep meditation with his body's recovery the main focus.

He continously circulated his qi in his body, refining the remaining traces of medicinal power from all the pills he'd ingested during his treatment before it goes to waste.

He knew that time was of the essence, not only with his recovery but with everything that has happened with their family as of late.

It also doesn't help that his newly-found granddaughter has pushed herself too much to the point that in order for Fan Song Xue to recover and fully maintain his consciousness, resulted in Fan Zhu Xia falling into an unconscious and almost comatose-like state.

This filled practically all of the members of the family especially Fan Song Xue with a lot of guilt and worry.

This is why Fan Song Xue had immersed himself into a closed-door cultivation just so that he can enhance his consciousness and help his granddaughter wake up since he was informed that her condition was a result of her losing much of her consciousness power or much commonly known as divine sense because of using it and pushing it past her current limits in the last leg of his treatment.

From what was told by Ru Wen Cheng who had checked Fan Zhu Xia's status and diagnosed the root of the problem, aside from letting her ingest the pill he'd concocted which is call the Holy Divining Pill which can boost a person's consciousness power three-fold, thus strengthening one's strength and control of their divine sense; Fan Zhu Xia also needed a strong source of consciousness power to jumpstart the process.

She already ingested the pill and now all that she's missing is that single push for her body to naturally start refining the pill on it's own.

Of course news of this was only known by a small handful, meaning aside from Ru Wen Cheng who made the diagnosis, only the Old Patriarch, Fan Song Xue and his two sons; Fan Hui Zhong and Fan Hui Liang knew of the matter.

This wasn't because they didn't trust the rest of their family but because of how delicate and sensitive the situation was and telling the others wouldn't rrally be og any help since the younger generation of their family had no way of remedying the situation they chose not to tell them. 

Furthermore, the more people know, the higher the risk. After all, Fan Zhu Xia was in an extremely vulnerable state right now and the Old Patriarch wasn't far behind her since he still wasn't fully recovered.

The good thing was that despite her precarious state, Fan Zhu Xia was still stable.

Still they couldn't relax their guard, hence the big moves made by Fan Hui Zhong. It was all done purely to deter anyone's wayward thoughts of causing trouble with them.

All of them knew that their actions would draw attention to them as a whole but this was something that must be done. They could only be thankful that it was a blessing that the relationship between the Fan Family and Lei Palace is incomparably strong due to the close relationship of the two current masters who were such close brothers.