Taking Action (3rd)

Fan Zhu Xia felt the darkness engulf her within its icy embrace when she faintly heard a soft voice filled with a calming tenderness that soothe her trembling soul murmured something unintelligible to her before a gentle silvery light enveloped her and a very comfortable warmth surrounded her, chasing the chill of the darkness away.

The suffocating heaviness she didn't even realize was there slowly faded away and she gradually regained the feeling of her body before pain assaulted her making her moan out loud with her eyes still tightly clenched shut.

It was at this split second in time that she missed seeing the extremely hazy mist that faintly pulsed with a gentle white light disappear from her room to reappear at another very distance courtyard.

Wu Jun Qiao whose soul had just returned to his body slowly opened his eyes showing amber gold eyes that flashed with satisfaction yet exhaustion still faintly showed from it. Despite this, an alluring smile slowly curved his lips upwards into a very attractive smirk before he suddenly frowned and lifted his sleeve just in time to cover his mouth as a harsh cough escaped him.

The coppery taste of blood filled his mouth and as he removed his hand from his mouth a small bloodstain could be seen just at the edge of his sleeve, making him grimace before he let out a resigned sigh as he slowly got up from the bed and walked to the door.

Just outside, a manservant was dutifully guarding and waiting for him to awake when the door suddenly opened and Wu Jun Qiao's half-covered countenance appeared, the manservant was immediately alarmed seeing the deathly white pallor on his face.

"Young Master Wu, are you alright?" the servant quickly asked as he went closer to assist the pale-looking young man.

With a tired smile, Wu Jun Qiao waved off his concern before opening his mouth to speak.

"Ahh, this young master would actually like you to ask where my cousin is? If he is still busy, will you go and inform him that I need to go back to the Wu Estate first and if you can, please have someone arrange a carriage for me to borrow for my use. As for my mount, this young master will have someone fetch it later."

"Of course, this servant will arrange for everything and send your message to the Crown Prince. As for Young Master Wu, would you like to stay in your room and rest while I make the arrangements or would Young Master like some tea be sent in?"

"No need, this young master will just wait for you to finish. Just knock on the door once everything is done."

"As you wish... If Young Master Wu would excuse me then..."

With a wave of his hand, Wu Jun Qiao then returned inside and reclined on the bed with his eyes closed as he waited.

Meanwhile, Jin Meng Yao who just received the message of his cousin from the servant was surprised before worry filled his face.

This was clearly seen by his master, Fan Hui Zhong who was talking with Min Sheng just a couple of steps away from him.

"Little Yao, what's wrong?" Fan Hui Zhong asked after halting his discussion with Min Sheng.

"Master, I have to go. It would seem as though my cousin's old illness flared up and I don't want him to go back alone."

"Is that so? Go on then, I'll arrange for both of your mounts. Has a carriage been prepared then?"