Fraud or Not? (1st)

Following the pained scream, a man's angry shouting could be heard cursing could be barely heard even through the noise of the crowd, as muffled groans followed.

Fan Zhu Xia who disembarked from the carriage with the assistance of Min Sheng and Chun Hua drew some attention especially with her fairy like appearance, with a beautiful, alluring figure, jadeite skin and a half-hidden face that hinted at a breathtaking countenance that could ruin cities and make kingdoms fall. Her graceful movements were like flowing water; soft and fluid, while her pale blue robes skimmed the ground lightly with each step as the layers and folds of her gown shifted gently with each movement, like warm, tranquil clouds moving through the bright sky.

When she started making her way to the commotion, Min Sheng immediately took the lead as he ordered several of the elite guards to surround Fan Zhu Xia in a protective circle as they moved through the gathered crowd.

Seeing their intimidating group, they didn't face much resistance and the crowd parted willingly, as if running water in a river being faced with a solid rock.

As soon as they arrived at the front, Min Sheng stepped aside to let Fan Zhu Xia see what was happening and what she saw made her blood boil as the temperature around her dropped and her already menacing aura grew even more intense.

"Min Sheng, restrain that man." Fan Zhu Xia ordered icily, her pale blue eyes looking extremely cold, as if there was a layer of frost covering them that just by meeting her gaze, one would instinctively shudder.

Upon hearing her order, Min Sheng gave a nod of acknowledgement and said, "Right away, Young Miss." before he shot out from where he was standing and in just merely a couple of seconds had passed when he already had disarmed the raging man who was beating the two children with a bamboo stick and had both of the man's hands restrained behind his back.

Seeing her order carried out quickly and efficiently, satisfaction filled Fan Zhu Xia's eyes yet the cold fury that was there still had not left as he shot the man who wa shouting indignantly a cold look.

Seeing the icy gaze directed at him, the man couldn't help the chill that ran down his spine as he shuddered while cold sweat dotted his back.

Who on earth was that blue-robed young lady?!

Ignoring the man's apprehensive look as he stared at her while quieting down, Fan Zhu Xia made her way to the two children who were lying down in the middle of the encirclement of the crowd, just a few steps away from the entrance of what seemed to be a medicinal store.

As she neared the two kids, she noted how the two wore tattered and ill-fitting clothes with a lot of patches, indicating how it's been sewed up and repaired countless times. Fan Zhu Xia also noticed how the older child, a young boy of around eight to ten years old had draped his body over the little one to shield and protect the other from further injuries. His actions, however resulted in him suffering from serious injuries, especially the ones that got inflicted on his back since his already tattered clothes were torn apart and his wounded flesh could be seen as blood poured out from his skin that was split open after being hit so hard.

Seeing it filled Fan Zhu Xia with so much rage that her hands faintly trembled. Her whole person was like an ice fairy emitting cold frost, both enchanting yet untouchable. Her deceptively gentle and alluring voice that spoke softly was dripping with ice as she ordered, "Chun Hua, slap him for this Young Miss."