Getting Along (3rd)

As soon as Fan Zhu Xia entered the room, she could feel the intense gaze on her that she couldn't help but look up and meet it.

Wu Jun Qiao who had just finished soaking in the medicinal bath was already back on the bed, sitting back against the cushions quietly and looking well-behaved contrary to his previous playful antics making Fan Zhu Xia raise an eyebrow at him.

Walking closer, Fan Zhu Xia took note of his complexion which had a bit more color than before although he was still a bit pale compared to the average person and also noticed that although no more traces of water was left, his hair still looked a bit damp upon closer inspection. 

"How are you feeling?"

Hearing the trace of concern in her voice, Wu Jun Qiao couldn't help the small smile growing on his lips as he answered, "I'm feeling much better after soaking in the medicinal bath..."

"You shouldn't let your hair stay like that. It's not good for you, especially in your current state..." Fan Zhu Xia reminded him while at the same time placing her hand on the top of his head before letting her qi flow down and dry it. 

Wu Jun Qiao who didn't expect it, only felt a warm, gentle current cascade down his hair from her palm and before he could even react to it, the hand was gone. 

"I can tell that you have high achievements in cultivation even though I can't figure out your current level but because of the current state of your body and soul, it is best for you to pay attention to your health and be more careful." Fan Zhu Xia advised him with a slightly reprimanding tone. 

Despite this, when he heard her words, Wu Jun Qiao stiffened slightly before letting out a sigh of resignation and leaning back against the cushions behind him to stare up at her. 

"So you noticed huh?" Wu Jun Qiao asked resignedly, a hint of tiredness in his voice. 

"Of course I did, what did you expect?" 

"Well I had certainly hoped that you wouldn't notice that..." 

"I'm sorry to disappoint you then... It's because I heard about your condition before and learned in passing that you were suffering from a previous illness, a sequela due to a previous injury so when I checked your state before, I also tried to find the cause of your lingering ailment but when I couldn't find any sign of it in your body, I tried checking elsewhere, hence me finding out..."

Smiling wryly, Wu Jun Qiao replied, "I've troubled you..." 

"No trouble, but I would like to ask you a question if that's alright..." 

"What is it?" 

"How did your soul get injured to this state?" 

"I suffered from an ambush a couple of years ago and to survive, I had to use a secret art passed down in my family. Sadly, I had to push myself beyond my limits at the time, thus suffering a recoil which inflicted damage to my soul..." 

Fan Zhu Xia didn't immediately respond and she fell silent for a short while before looking at him with a serious gaze. 

"The injury on your soul should already have a state of improvement if it's been years, just basing it on your cultivation but when I checked earlier, that doesn't seem to be the case..."