Dealing with Loose ends (1st)

After leaving the Fan Estate, Fan Yong Rui immediately rushed into an abandoned location just outside the Imperial Capital and into it's surrounding woods where a dilapidated cabin was located just beside a small serene lake.

Barging inside the small cabin, he quickly made a few seals using his hands and stretched his hand towards a cracked and damaged fireplace and pulsed his qi towards it's location.

With a quiet, groaning sound, a small light appeared before I expanded and the fireplace slowly opened up to reveal stairs that led underground.
Immediately entering it, Fan Yong Rui flitted quickly through the corridors, like a phantom before he came in front of a cast iron door which he quickly injected with his qi to unlock
it before pushing it open.

Seeing One standing guard over the assassin, Fan Yong Rui let out an internal sigh of relief before swiftly walking to stand in front of the assassin. Just as the assassin raised his head to stare at him, he felt a jolt of pain go through his chest before he tasted a sweet, fishy taste in his mouth as he coughed out blood.

Looking down, his movements sluggish, he saw an arm dressed in high-quality and elaborately embroidered purple robe protruding through his chest, his blood slowly soaking into the fabric.

"W-What are y-you d-doing?" the assassin sputtered out in disbelief.

"What does it look like?" Fan Yong Rui sneered with a cold smirk on his face.

Before the assassin could reply, Fan Yong Rui twisted his arm and then yanked something out before holding it in front of the assassin with a smile as Fan Yong Rui saw the assassin's eyes widen as he stared disbelievingly at the object that's in Fan Yong Rui hand.

A deep coldness spread from the assassin's chest as he slowly felt numbness consume him while the last remaining qi in his body fought to help him stay conscious yet he still
felt his vision go hazy at the edges yet his eyes remained focus on one thing as he struggled to talk.

"T-That's my h-heart!"

"Not anymore."' Fan Yong Rui replied before crushing it with his qi and fAlicking his hand downwards as bits of flesh and blood were spattered into the floor.

All this while, One never uttered a word despite his surprise over his master's actions.

The assassin then slumped over, his eyes still open as his empty gaze stared blankly ahead, unseeing as the last traces of life left him while Fan Yong Rui watched on with an unreadable look on his face.

This lasted for several minutes before Fan Yong Rui coldly called out and said, "One."

"Here, Master."

"Search his body carefully and bring anything you find to me.

"I'll just go and change out of this clothes."

"As you wish, Master."

After a short while, Fan Yong Rui was dressed in new robes and was sipping tea when One appeared in front of him and placed several items before him on the small table.

"This are?"

"All the things we were able to get from the assassin's corpse, Master."

Picking them one by one, Fan Yong Rui saw quite a variety of weapons and several small vials as well as a small jade stone.

Picking it up, Fan Yong Rui studied it carefully before he finally realized what it was.

"This is a Communication Jade. A very high-quality one at that."' Fan Yong Rui mused out loud as twisted it around his fingers and played with it before throwing it over to One who
caught it.

"This Young Master wants you to go investigate all of this items, especially this Communication Jade and try to get as much information as you can. You have a day beforel return.

"Understood?"

"Crystal."

Without another word, One disappeared along with all the items that he brought as well.

"Five"

"Here, Master." a soft female voice answered as the silhuoette of a slim, graceful woman melted off from the
shadows to reveal a beautiful woman wearing a pure black dress that was opened seductively to reveal her collarbone and shoulders while also giving a tantalizing view of the tops
of her bountiful breasts and the valley it created.

The only thing missing is a view of her face but unfortunately she was wearing a hat that also had a black curtained veil that concealed her face.

Seductively swaying her hips, she went to bow to Fan Yong Rui, revealing more of her tempting cleavage yet Fan Yong Rui acted as if he didn't see it and just stood up and
straightened his robes befor speaking.

"You'll come with me to check how someone managed to sneak into the estate and who had the audacity to help them, after all, even if there are traitors inside, it doesn't mean that
there aren't any wolves lurking outside."

"Very well said, Master!" Five exclaimed with a flirtatious laugh.

Ignoring her overtures, Fan Yong Rui just turned his back on her and said one word before disappearing.

"Come."

Seeing him disappear, the lady just laughed before she quickly disappeared into the shadows as if a ghost.

Meanwhile, back at the Fan Estate, five people were kneeling in front of Fan Hui Zhong, Fan Hui Liang and Fan Li Jie while five armored soldiers from the Lei Sha Di Army stood behind them.

"What do you have to say for yourselves?" Fan Hui Liang coldly asked.

"Masters please, we did nothing wrong!"

"We're innocent!"

"We've been framed!"

"We would never do something like this!"

"We've been wrongly accused!"

With his fury boiling over, Fan Hui Zhong roared, "ENOUGH!"

Subsequently, the cries of the five people quieted down. Two of them were guards, one was a maid with a pretty face and slim figure, another was a soldier from the Lei Sha Di Army and the last was just a stable boy.

Looking at them with an impenetrable gaze, Fan Li Jie then
opened his mouth and spoke in his usual aloof tone yet the glint in his eyes belied his anger.

"All of them are lying"

"Are you sure?" Fan Hui Liang asked.

"En."

Hearing his nephew's response, Fan Hui Zhong raised his eyes and met the gaze of one of the soldiers and with a nod, the soldier drew his sword and swung it.