Getting Along (4th)

Later that night, Wu Zhang He who heard from Granny Fang that Wu Jun Qiao was awake, immediately rushed to his courtyard as soon as he got back, just in time to see him drinking a decoction brought by Yi Ting Zhe.

"Jun Qiao, how are you feeling?"

"Much better now... Sorry for worrying you."

Relieved, Wu Zhang He waved off his apologies and said, "As long as you're fine, that's all that matters."

Seeing him look more lively, Wu Zhang He's heart finally calmed down and his worries settled. Thinking back to the news he heard before he got here, Wu Zhang He couldn't help but smirk as he gave his adoptive son a meaningful look.

"So I heard that you had a visitor today..."

Understanding the meaning behind his words, Wu Jun Qiao only chuckled before saying out a single word.

"Yes..." he replied with a pleased grin on his face.

"You've formally met then?"

"In a way..."

"In a way? What do you mean?" Wu Zhang He asked, confused by Wu Jun Qiao's cryptic words.

"Well, we have already met before during an auction at Thousand Treasures Pavillion."

Raising a questioning eyebrow, Wu Zhang He uttered only one word. "Explain."

"I met her with my identity as the owner of the Thousand Treasures Pavillion then we met again during the banquet where I became her benefactor from what she says and then earlier with my status as your adopted son and the Wu Family's Young Master..."

"Is that it?" Wu Zhang He can help but ask impatiently.

"En. That's it..."

Looking at him with a somewhat pitying look, Wu Zhang He ruthless said, "I think you're current injuries has affected your brain..."

Hearing that, Wu Jun Qiao burst out laughing, much to Wu Zhang He's annoyance.

"So why haven't you told her yet?" he asked.

Smilingly, Wu Jun Qiao simply answered, "It's not the right time yet..."

"And when will it be the right time?"

"When I've finished dealing with the problem."

"You do realize that that might take years, if not longer right?" Wu Zhang He asked incredulously.

"I know..."

"I don't think that's the correct way of going about it..."

With a small grimace, Wu Jun Qiao could only repeat what he previously said, "I know..."

Sighing tiredly, Wu Jun Qiao began to speak.

"I'll see how everything goes first, the important thing is that I've found her and we've already talked... There's time for us to get to know each other and be more familiar so I'm not in any hurry. Right now, what I'm most concerned about is the people who made a move and launched an attack during the imperial banquet..."