18| Unavoidable Interaction

*************

*************

Jisung had no choice but to make an appearance at the company today. His father would be home in a couple of days and he needed to make sure that every relevant document, contract, and piece of paper was up to date and perfect. The last thing he needed or felt like having was one of his father's usual lectures about the business world and Jisung needing to think about his future.

"Any more?" Jisung asked, looking up from signing a partnership contract.

"You need to ask," Yeji remarked and set another three stacks of papers down in front of the CEO.

Jisung audibly groaned before sighing. 

Fuck, he hated this job.

"Thanks," he muttered.

"You are welcome," Yeji sweetly smiled, clasping her hands in front of her black pencil skirt. "I need to attend a senior board meeting. The managers for sales and promotions should be up in a bit to hand in their end-of-the-month charts."

"Then I'm done?" Jisung asked, a hopeful look on his face.

"And then you take this ledger home with you, study it so your father thinks you know your shit when he gets back," Yeji stated, handing Jisung the said ledger. "And only after that, then you're done."

"What would I do without you?" he rhetorically asked.

"Crash and burn," Yeji sighed dramatically. "You're welcome, Sungie."

"Hm," Jisung nodded.

"I'm leaving now. Text me if you have questions."

"Do I ever?"

Yeji rolled her eyes before exiting the office and leaving for the third meeting room on the floor just below this one. 

Jisung sighed again as he picked his pen back up and started signing his life away. Or at least that's what it felt like. Another fifteen minutes and he was hunched over with shoulder pain and a large amount of irritation. He absolutely hated paperwork, hated everything about it. He wanted to be in the studio, headphones over his ears, and finger hovering over a laptop touchpad. But here he was instead.

A knock sounded at the office door.

Jisung finished signing the document in front of him before looking up and motioning for the person to enter. It was the manager for the sales department. He opened the door, walked in, and respectively bowed to Jisung. Jisung tilted his head downward to do the same without getting up.

"Sir, Miss Hwang said to bring this up for you to sign."

"Yep," Jisung sighed yet again. He reached for the piece of paper in the man's hand and took it from him. "What's the increase in sales this past month?" he questioned, scribbling his signature down on the dotted line.