21| Twins Are Transparent

*************

*************

Jisung closed the apartment door behind him, the company ledger in one hand and the squirrel plushie in the other. He found Felix in the living room, on the couch, and in front of his laptop. Jisung set the ledger down on the coffee table before joining his twin, falling down beside him and startling Felix out of his K-drama trance.

"What are we watching?" Jisung asked, eyeing the unfamiliar series.

"Business Proposal," Felix answered, darting his gaze over the brunette before releasing a breath. "Shit, you scared me! Warning next time, Ji!"

"Sorry," Jisung laughed.

And Felix immediately noticed the very noticeable change in his twin. Jisung was normally a happy person, but this past month he'd been distracted and depressed. It was obvious why and very understandable. He was dealing with heartbreak as well as the stress from his accidental marriage.

He hadn't laughed freely or smiled without force for a while now. Except right now, he looked genuinely carefree and happy. Almost like his old self again. He was relieved to see Jisung like this but Felix being curious wanted to know the reason why. So he quickly paused the third episode of Business Proposal and focused all his attention on his brother.

"What have you been up to?"

"Hm?" Jisung hummed.

"And where'd you get this cute thing?" Felix asked, stealing the squirrel from Jisung's hands. "It's adorable. Did you buy it?"

"I won it," Jisung corrected. "Well, I won a bunny but I kind of ended up with a squirrel instead."

"Confused," Felix frowned. "Explain. How do you win a bunny but get a squirrel?"

Jisung bit his bottom lip, running a hand through his hair as he thought about where to start.

From the start, you idiot.

"Uh, Minho hyung asked me out to lunch today. He wanted us to get to know one another. You know, friends."

"Minho hyung," Felix started smirking. "Since when have you ditched the full name and gone straight to calling him hyung?"

"He wants me too," Jisung said, fidgeting with the ends of Hyunjin's denim jacket. "Isn't this what you wanted me to do? Give him a chance and become friends. It'll be easier to know one another than to avoid one another until the divorce."

"I agree," Felix nodded. "So you went out to lunch with him, but that still doesn't explain the plushie."

"We went to the arcade after and played the claw machine. I initially won a bunny and he won a squirrel, but he wanted us to swap."

"And you let him?" Felix asked, raising an eyebrow. "Ji, you don't even let me swap soda flavors with you."

"I don't like Fanta, you know that," Jisung whined. "You're the one who orders it, Lix, then you should be the one to drink. Why make me suffer?"