30| Fixing An Uncomfortable Situation

*************

*************

Jisung managed to escape the Lees for the first time since he went to greet them which was over twenty minutes ago. He let out a small sigh before stopping beside the long buffet table. He hadn't eaten all night and was starting to get hungry. He honestly wanted more than anything something homemade like Felix's brownies or his sweet crispy mushrooms but he knew he had to settle with second best. Or really last best if someone asked him.

He looked over the different appetizers and full plates of food before humming in disappointment when there were far too many dishes he couldn't eat. Suddenly a plate was thrusted in front of him. He darted his eyes over it before looking up at who was holding it out to him.

Annoyance immediately flowed through him.

"Here, you're probably hungry," his voice was soft and gentle.

"Are you trying to kill me out in the open, Lee Juyeon? It's not your brightest idea considering the amount of people at this event tonight," Jisung stated, looking unimpressed.

"What?" Juyeon asked, startled.

He looked down at the food he was offering Jisung. It was Beef Wellington. In less than two bites it would've sent him to the emergency room, puffed up, red, itchy, and swelling. Juyeon had completely forgotten about Jisung's allergy. 

It didn't surprise the latter but it did leave a small twinge of hurt. They were together for three years and had known each other for four and yet he acted like he knew nothing about Jisung at all. Like all that time spent together meant nothing. Maybe it did and maybe that was okay. Because it seemed like Jisung thought of Juyeon as his future but in reality Juyeon breaking his heart was an act of kindness, allowing Jisung to dodge the biggest bullet of his life.

 "I didn't... I forgot, Sungie. Let me get you something else," Juyeon rushed out.

"No need," Jisung rejected.

"Hannie," a voice called out from behind him. 

He turned around in surprise before a smile naturally curved his lips. Minho stood there with his own smile. He was wearing a black suit with a silk black tie. He looked handsome despite it not being the normal look that Jisung was used to seeing him in.

"Hyung? I didn't think you'd come to something like this," Jisung said.

"I was forced by my brother," Minho admitted. "Are you disappointed?"

"No, just surprised."

"Good surprise or bad surprise?"

"Good surprise," Jisung nodded. "I was getting bored. At least with you here I won't have to face your brother on my own."

"He's a handful, right? I wasn't lying," Minho said, looking amused.

"Hm," Jisung agreed.

"Are you hungry?" Minho asked, watching as the younger kept eyeing the different plates of food displayed on the buffet table. Jisung looked up at him, puppy eyes activated, which made Minho laugh a little. "You always look like this whenever you're hungry. Come on," he muttered, reaching forward and wrapping his fingers around Jisung's wrist.