23| Better Off As Friends

*************

*************

Minho arrived at the airport, maneuvering through people coming and going to try and find a certain long-haired brunette. He found Lisa struggling with her duffel bag and two suitcases, he laughed at the frustrated look on her face.

"Hey, princess. Need some help?"

"Ah, Lee Know!" Lisa gasped, turning around to face him with a bright smile on her face. "God, a month away felt like forever! I missed you so much!"

"It's only thirty days, you've been away for three months before," Minho reminded her.

Lisa rolled her eyes, dropping her luggage and stepping forward to wrap her arms around him. The hug felt so familiar between them. Comforting and warm. Lisa had the urge to kiss him. She always kissed Minho whenever she came back from a trip, whether it was short or long. It was a habit ingrained already. But when they pulled away from the hug, she refrained herself and just tiptoed to give Minho a kiss on his cheek instead.

"So, how's married life?"

"Keep your voice down, we're in an airport," Minho scolded. "There are eyes and ears everywhere."

"Well, how is it?" Lisa asked, ignoring his warning.

"You're talking like there was a wedding and a honeymoon," Minho said, scoffing a little. "It's fine. It's a secret. We came to an agreement and neither of us need or want our parents finding out."

"Interesting," Lisa commented.

"Nothing is interesting about it," Minho said, picking her suitcases up as she looped her duffel bag over her shoulder. "What kind of conversation would it be if either of our parents found out about it? Oh, hey, Mom and Dad, let me introduce the man I married because I was too drunk to know any better. We bought wedding rings, took couple photos together, and bought a house. We also didn't know we were married until the marriage certificates came in the mail the next day. Yeah, that'll go down well," Minho remarked.

Lisa laughed, shoving Minho's shoulder and making him grin.

"Well, you could phrase it better than that."

"I rather not phrase it at all."

"So, you're both just going to wait the year out? Then what, a divorce?" Lisa asked as they exited the airport and found Minho's car on the sidewalk.

"That's the plan," Minho said, putting Lisa's luggage in the backseat.

"Great plan, completely foolproof."

"I thought so."

But what was the point in them staying broken up if he was getting a divorce anyway??

They got into the car and the first thing Lisa noticed was the cute bunny plushie sitting on the dashboard. She picked it up, poking its cheeks with two fingers as Minho slipped into the driver's seat.