19| Getting To Know Each Other

*************

*************

Minho leaned against the front desk as he watched the elevator doors slide open. Jisung stepped out of it and his gaze roamed the lobby. He was still cute. Minho straightened up and caught the younger's attention. He noticed the thick ledger in his hands and shot it a curious look before simply smiling when Jisung reached him.

"I stopped for coffee," Minho said, holding two Starbucks cups in his hands. "I don't know what you like yet so... iced americano or cappuccino?"

Jisung blinked in surprise at the question, eyeing the two drinks before slowly taking the iced americano from Minho's right hand.

"Iced americano," Jisung said. "It's my favorite. Thanks, Lee- "

Minho looked at him with an expecting expression on his face.

They'd agreed to drop the formalities between them. Just Jisung and Minho. Two people who screwed up and who were currently stuck with one another. Just trying to get some good out of a bad situation.

"Uh, I... " Jisung stopped to rephrase his words awkwardly. "Thank you, Minho hyung."

Minho nodded, seeming pleased.

"You're welcome."

It was weird calling Minho hyung, they might've been married but they still barely knew each other. Today was supposed to slowly rectify that but nothing had happened yet. Jisung didn't even know how to act or what to talk about when he was with Minho. He also didn't know where they'd be going after having lunch together.

"Can we go?" Minho asked, watching Jisung take a small sip of the iced americano.

"Hm."

They walked out of Han Corp and around the street corner where Minho had parked. He gestured to the blue Chevy Camaro, the same one he had taken Jisung out to lunch with the first time.

"See? Car."

Jisung nodded hesitantly.

"Happy?" Minho asked.

"Yeah, thanks," Jisung said, clutching the ledger closer to his side as he stepped toward the car.

Before he could change the iced americano to his other hand and open the door, Minho did it for him. It caught Jisung by surprise, making him look at the older in confusion for a second. It wasn't unheard of having someone open a car door for someone else. But it was weird considering their current relationship. Not only that though but Jisung hadn't actually had anyone who opened a car door for him before.

Juyeon and him went to high school together so that luxury of trying to impress one another, trying to be a gentleman, and straight-up chivalry never existed between them.

"Get in," Minho motioned, not understanding why Jisung paused.

Jisung caught himself and quickly climbed into the passenger side as Minho closed the door after him. He set the ledger down in his lap and held his iced americano with two hands, watching as Minho got in on the driver's side. The two awkwardly caught each other's gaze, or at least it was awkward for Jisung.