𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

"That ad was absolutely terrible."

"Oh c'mon now Vaggie, it's been a day, surely you can get over it by now!"

"Alastor, you literally put 2 people murdering each other in the ad and you decided to call it 'oKaY'. This is a place to discourage sin! Not encourage it!"

The two kept arguing in the main area,muffled by the door, as Charlie groaned at her desk, slamming her face onto it in annoyance and bitterness.

The ad had failed, she expected it to work, but nonetheless it failed. Miserably. Everybody was talking crap about it yesterday and not a single soul wanted to try it out. It made her think that sinners actually WANTED to be in hell. She sighed as she put her head in her palms in a wistful motion.

'I just want to help them out...is that too much to ask for?..'

She thought to herself before hearing a knock on the door, her head springing up.

"Charlie, it's me Vaggie. Can I come in...?"

Vaggie said from behind the office door, waiting for Charlie's answer. Charlie immediately wiped any accidental tears from her face and then spoke up

"Oh uhm, sure!"

She said in her usual upbeat voice. Vaggie immediately yet slowly came in, closing the door behind her before walking over towards Charlie and sitting next to her.

"You okay? You've been here all day...."

Vaggie asked in a worried and quiet voice.

"I'm fine, just....a little bit disappointed....I expected it to receive a better reaction from the people of the pentagram. Instead, they all mocked the hotel.."

She said, with pure sorrow in her voice, as she kept fidgeting with her hands, a small tear rolling down her cheek. The amount of disappointment and melancholy she felt, was unbearable.

Vaggie wiped the tear off of Charlie face and took her hand, comforting her.

"Charlie, I know things look incredibly rough, but it will get better. Besides, we didn't even really start organizing who is gonna do what!"

Vaggie said with a small smile. This brought hope to Charlie and a small smile grew on her face.

"I hope you're right Vags..."

She said before standing up and walking out of the office, as Vaggie followed her out swiftly into the main room.

In the mainroom were nifty and alastor having a Chat while Husker was drinking alcohol while scrolling through his phone on one of the couches. Charlie sighed with a small smile, proud that she had managed to make a crew until she noticed something .

"Uhhh guys...where's Angel? He's supposed to be here by now isn't he?"

Charlie asks putting a glance at the clock. Nifty and Alastor turned their heads to Charlie while husker ignored her even though her heard it loud and clear.

"Angel? No sorry, I haven't seen her.."

Nifty said, misgendering Angel....again-

Charlie looked at alastor with a questioning look but he just shook his head with his usual grin plastered on his face. Charlie ended up asking husker but his reaction was-

"Why the hell should I know? I'm not his damn parent."

Charlie sighed in slight disappointment, seeing that Angel wad nowhere to be found.

"Maybe he's in his room?"

Vaggie suggested but alastor quickly spoke up with his usual radio like voice.