𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

I'm sick today, so that means I have to feed you guys with one extra chapter.

----------------------

Angel let out an irratated sigh as he sat criss cross on the floor as Lucinda combed out his frizzy and tangled hair as she sat on the couch behind him, carefully brushing out his fluffy hair to not pull on any big tangles and almost rip his hair out. It was a peaceful day at the hotel again, but it was quite boring. Sure, there was peace and quiet and stuff to do. But it was boring since there was nobody chatting amongst each other and just having fun. Lucinda was used to this place being filled with action and movement instead of the dullness it now had. Angel surprisingly looked quite bored as well, as everyone was doing their own little thing, all of them in the lounge area. Alastor was reading a book...again. While Charlie was resting on Vaggie, who was sharpening her spear. Husker was sprawled out onto the floor in front of them as he was taking a nap, very quiet purs emitting from his sleeping figure. Angel, of course, took a picture of him for blackmail. Niffty was busy petting Keekee.

"You done?"

Angel complained as he didn't want her to brush his hair out anymore. I mean, yes, it was practically a rats nest since he cried himself to sleep the night before and didn't have the willpower to brush out his hair, but still!

"Chéri, your hair is like a birds nest. Give me another minute, and I'll let you go."

She informed as he let out cranky groan while she brushed his ends. Those were tangled most, which she hated since it always pulls most. She finished up brushing out his hair as she patted his head, indicating that she was finished before she let out a sigh of relief, finally finished with detangling his mess of hair. He sat there scrolling through his phone as Lucinda quietly got up to hang herself on the bar. She jumped up, her hands gripping on the bar as she pulled herself up, before letting herself dangle from her knees upside down like a bat, the lounge now upside down from her point of view as she wrapped herself into her wings, the pitch black darkness now swallowing her up, the only light that she could see was from the tip of her head where her wings couldn't fully reach as she closed her eyes, hoping to finally get some rest. Yesterday midnight, she had one of the most sleepless nights she had ever had, her nightmares getting worse and worse by the day. She shut her eyes as she started to doze off, entering the more peaceful dream realm as her whole body relaxed.

"That looks so uncomfortable."

Angel commented as he looked at Lucindas hanging figure. I mean, she could slip any second down and just fall down. As he examined her sleeping figure, Charlie jumped up with a joyful gasp, as she scared practically everyone. Alastor, Vaggie, and Angel only jumped a bit at the suddenness of her burst while Husker jumped and let out a Hiss, his fur going up in a threatening motion as he let out a groan afterwards.

"Oh my gosh, I have such a fun idea! Let's go somewhere! Do something!"

Charlie exclaimed happily. She was clearly bored out of her mind when everyone except Alastor and Lucinda let out a synced groan.

"No offense, Charlie. But none of us have the energy to do anything right now. Yesterday, we had to bear Vaggies whining and crying, and the tension still wouldn't leave because Alastor was pissed."

Angel stated as Charlie let out a huff of annoyance, wanting to go somewhere. Boredom was going to swallow her up and put her into a bad move if she doesn't do something productive.

"Well, how about you visit the Cannibal Colony with me? I have to pay Rosie a visit anyways"

Alastor suggested as he put the book on the side table as he then stood up and dusted off his coat a bit and fixed his tie. Charlie let out a happy yell before bolting out of the hotel, a gust of wind behind her as she zoomed off. He walked forward before he stood in front of Lucindas hanging body. Should he let her have her peace? Or should he wake her up just for laughs? You know, you would think since he's a gentleman, he would simply let her rest. But Nope. He tapped her wings with his staff, almost as if he were knocking on the door. Lucindas' tired eye peeked through a small crevice through her wings as she spoke up.