𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Lucinda groaned loudly at the sound of her alarm as it blared a loud ringing sound throughout the whole house. She put her pillow over her head as to hopefully muffle out the ringing, but it was simply no use. She sighed to herself as she took the pillow of her head and subconsciously threw the alarm across the room, making it shatter and break into pieces as it hit the wall and fell onto the ground. Hell, it even left a dent in the wall! She'll have to put a picture on the dent to cover it up later... She lazily got up from her bed as she took the covers off of herself, revealing the baggy pajama pants and the surprisingly comfortable sports bra she wore. She wasn't the one to wear modern clothing since it just wasn't her cup of tea, but she did like the comfortableness that came with the pajamas. Of course, she could afford some nice Satin pj's, but she always sweated profusely in them.

She stretched out her arms and wings, hearing a satisfying crack as she turned back and fixed her bed to leave it in neat condition. She dragged herself into the bathroom as she started brushing her teeth and washing her face clean. She combed her long, flowing, white hair out as she curled up her front curtain bangs for that salon style look. Her bangs were the only thing she really needed to curl up as her hair was already in perfect condition. Her hair was a nice silky smooth because of the shower she desperately needed.

She decided while waiting for her bangs to finish curling up,she would do her makeup for the day. She sat down on her desk as she opened the drawer, taking out her mascara, lipstick, blush, and highlighter. She never wore foundation, simply because she didn't really know how to apply it...

As she did her makeup, she couldn't help but feel like she was forgetting something....something important.

'But what?'

She pondered to herself, looking through her memory to see if she could find out what she was forgetting. She sighed in defeat as she just couldn't figure it out....seems like she'll just have to wait it out until the aftermath strikes her tomorrow. That was until she got a notification on her phone. Which is not from Voxtech... she just doesn't trust that overlord. Her phone was from some random drug store. Sure, her phone wasn't the best, but it was better than being spied on 24/7. She looked at the notification with a flatface as she opened the mascara with the other open hand.

𝗖𝗼𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗲.
𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨!

𝗖𝗼𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗲.
𝘋𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴 appropriately..

She looked at her mothers texts with a confused look before the cogs and wheels in her brain started turning, and she managed to remember what today was.

'Oh right, today I have to go to dinner at my family's house.'

...

"SHIT, I HAVE TO GO TO DINNER AT MY FAMILYS HOUSE -"

she yelled to herself as reality struck her. She quickly yet precisely finished her makeup as it was really well done. She jumped up out of her seat as she rushed to her closet, rummaging through the piles of clothing she had. She wanted to make a good impression. She also knows she'll most likely break down at one moment when she's there, so she might as well make it elegantly dramatic as she hangs her head from the balcony, letting out quiet sobs-

'Okay, I should probably stop reading that book -'

She thought to herself as she let those Fantasies of hers fade out of her head as she continued to search for what to wear. She definitely wanted something rich looking since.....well, she was pretty wealthy, but she wasn't the type to show it off. It was mostly since her mother always wanted her to show off her money. In the end, she decided for a red,sequin off shoulder maxi dress with a slit on the right leg. She decided it would be perfect since it is comfortable enough to practically sleep with, and it's red. Why does it need to be red? You may ask yourself. Well, it's simply a sign of her rebellion against her mother and husband! Both of them see red as a color, only worn by the wannabe riches. It made no sense, but for them, it made perfect sense! Besides, Lucinda is a lover of the color red and how it resembles roses, wealth, love, hearts, and more!