𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

I'm back with the milk.

But anyway, schools just had too many exams to count and energys been low lately.

It's time to write a chapter of this lazy ahh book to try to revive it from its downfall. 🤡

---------------------

"Angel..why do you have a bruise on your face?"

Her soft and worried voice started to hun through the room as the silence had grown.

Angel grew nervous, scared even, an overwhelming feeling gulping him up like a python. What should he do? What should he say?  More importantly, how did she even notice it through the makeup...his eyes darted around the room, his mouth agape looking for an excuse before spilling out a blatant lie.

"I just fell down the stairs, ma!"

'Please believe it, please believe it, please believe it, please believe i-'

He begged to himself, the world turning slower and slower as he nervously awaited the answer before hearing Lucindas voice.

"Oh, baby... you should've told me sooner, dear!"

She says in a concerned voice, her face showing nothing but pure concern as she stood up, cuffing his face with her hands as she slowly turned his head to get a better look of the bruise, though she did take a mental note about the way he jumped when she touched him..
Angel didn't answer. Instead, he just lets her examine the bruise. He felt ashamed of himself, of having to lie towards someone he trusts so much...yet it was for her own good.

He knows how overprotective she can get, and he doesn't want her to have to face Valentino just because of him... it would make him sick to his stomach.

"Wait, here, I'll be back, I'm gonna go get you an ice pack."

She explains as she pats him on the shoulder in reassurance, flashing him a sweet smile before leaving his room and gliding down the stairs into the kitchen.

As she was about to go back up the stairs, she passed the lounge only to be stopped by Charlie's voice from the lounge.

"Oh no, is that an ice pack? Did something happen to Mael and Niffty?!"

She gasped, worried that the two might have somehow hurt each other. Lucinda shook her head with a smile before explaining the situation.

"Oh no! Angel had a bruise under his eye, and he told me he fell down the stairs, so I got him an ice pack!"

The others, all except Alastor, looked at her in confusion, which then proceeded to make Lucinda confused. There is a lot of confusion in this room, eh?

"But Angel didn't fall down the stairs...?"

Lucifer explained. They hadn't heard anyone fall down the stairs. They were all in the lounge the whole time.

"What do you mean?"

She questioned, not quite understanding the situation well... I mean, angel told her he fell down the stairs and nothing else! Surely there can't be something else going on..

"Angel wasn't even here, minutes before you came. He was working, and when he came back inside, he kept holding a hand over his eye."

Vaggie explained as Lucinda started to process what might have happened, as she started to grow frustrated with the situation, the others nodding, confirming Vaggie statement.

"And..who does he work for?"

"Valentino, he told me while being drunk."

Lucindas eyes widened as she looked back at Alastor. Alastor had already told her on this exact day what that fucker does to his workers...and she wasn't happy at all. Her blood started to boil, her anger growing by the second, the ice pack in her hand popping from her hands balling into fists. She immediately flew up the stairs as fast as she could, almost slamming into the wall as she did. She couldn't believe this. That he would hide something so important from her...? Her frustration was growing by the second, her eyebrows furrowing.