𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

Lucinda quietly panted as the tour of the hotel ended. She had never seen such a big hotel, she'd almost got lost in there! Charlie chuckled at Lucinda.

"Oh c'mon, it's not thaaaat big... right...?"

Lucinda looked at Charlie with an unamused look before speaking up. Charlie couldn't be serious..

"Are you kidding? This is fucking huge! I mean, a hotel with 58 rooms? For hells standards, that massive! And the thing is, you walked me through all 58, even though they were all the fucking same.."

Lucinda says, kind of annoyed by the uselessness of that, which kind of reminded her of the uselessness of this hotel. But she didn't speak up. She simply ruffled her wings behind her slightly while Charlie gave a nervous chuckle and a very whispered 'sorry'

She looked at Charlie with a stern look of annoyance before softening up and giving a small smile.

"Hey I wanted to ask you-"

Charlie was cut off by the ringing off Lucindas phone, a buzzing in her coat. Lucinda apologized and mentioned returning in a bit, which Charlie nodded too.

Lucinda took her phone out of her pocket, walking to the calmest and quietest area of the hotel, which was currently the bar, with only husker quietly drinking alcohol while on his phone.

Lucinda looked at her phone, seeing who it is.

'Mom? She never calls me...probably wants something from me..'

Lucinda quietly sighed, leaning against a wall. She spoke quietly.

"Oui maman?" (Yes, mom?)

"Ah, Lucinda, comment va mon petit ange préféré ?"
(Ah, Lucinda, how's my favorite little angel doing?)

Lucinda sighed quietly in slight annoyance, but remembered that this is her own mother.

"Je vais... bien... Maman, qu'est-ce que tu veux, je suis au travail."
(I'm...good...Mom what do you want I'm at work.)

"tu ne travailles pas dans ton petit magasin de potions ? Depuis quand as-tu un travail où je ne peux pas t'appeler ?"

(don't you work at that little potion shop of yours? Since when do you have a job where I can't call you?)

Lucinda held in an annoyed groan. She really wasn't in the mood for her mother's interrogation.

"J'ai trouvé un travail dans un hôtel, point final. Maintenant sérieusement, qu'est-ce que tu veux, maman"

(I got a job at a hotel, end of story. Now seriously what do you want, mom)

Lucinda said more sternly then usual and a tone louder.

"eh bien, ton père et moi ne t'avons pas vu depuis un moment alors nous pensions à un bon dîner de famille, aujourd'hui dans un mois ! qu'en dis-tu, mon amour ?"

(well, me and your father haven't seen you in a while so we were thinking about a nice family dinner, today in a month! what do you say, love?)

Lucinda thought about it. She and her mother didn't really have the relationship she and her father did.

She and her father are inseparable. She was always really fond of her father, since he gave her the childhood she wanted, the childhood she deserved in life.

Her mother's was more...stuck up. They had always lived in a wealthy family, even now, in hell.

Her mother's expectations were extremely high and mostly never really talked with Lucinda, unless she needed something.