𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

She hesitantly walked forward with a questioning and suspicious look on her face as her husband had his hand on her back, leading her to the kitchen with a wide grin on his face.

He was never like this... this was a complete competitor to his usual, rude, and abusive behavior...

"How was work, my love?"

"O-oh, it was uhm... good..?"

She answered as if she didn't know the answer herself. He hummed in response before speaking up.

"I made you something to eat, darling~!"

He put out in an unusually joyful tone as he forced her to sit down, which she kindly obliged too, not wanting to get hit.

"Where's mae-"

"Mael won't be joining us. He's hanging out with his friends outside!"

André had quickly responded, as if it was forced. But Lucindas head perked up at the mention of his friends.

"But....didn't they go missing? All four of them?"

"Well, all four of them were found!"

He chuckled as he went to the stove, stiring up the soup as Lucinda happily giggled.

"Well then, I'll have to go congratulate their parents on finding them!"

She cheered up, proud that the children were now with their family's again. She could hear the soup being poured into bowls.

He took a few steps with two bowls in his hand, placing one where he was sitting and one where Lucinda was sitting.

She didn't even look at the soup, whispering a quick 'thank you' to her husband as she took a spoon and looked at the soup.

<tw>

Her eyes widened in pure horror as her spoon dropped to the floor as her grip let go. She looked at the bloodied soup, her eyes looking at it with pure terror.

Oh, she wanted to look away, but she physically couldn't. Her eyes were glued to it.

The soup itself was a bloody red, multiple organ parts floating around it there. As she kept looking at the soup, her mouth opening in fear, something floating in the soup turned around to look at her.

A usually winter blue eye was looking straight at her. That once snowy and joyful spirited winter in those eyes was now flooded with a cold and blizzard like feel to it, its shine had disappeared.
She knew she recognized that eye color, but from where? From who could it-

Mael.

She got up from her chair, backing away with large, shaky breaths as she looked at André who was peacefully eating the soup. She was fighting the tears, wanting this nightmare to just fucking end!

"Lucinda. If you're looking for your son. Check the fridge my dear"

André spoke out, his voice monotonous as he slurped up the pieces of uncooked flesh.

Her back had hit the front of the fridge, as she slowly turned around to open it.
She got a good but shaky grip on the handle as she opened it.