𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

Today was a pretty regular day...a bit more...dull...then usual. Charlie announced that she would let them stay home...for whatever that was.
Most likely to get over yesterday.

Lucinda sighed in boredom as she sat behind the register, simply reading a book. It was pretty weird for her now, since her Routine switched to the hotel.

She read each line of the book, interest in its story, about a lost girl, finding a new lover after her past relationship had broken her to pieces. She knew she would never finish the book, since she never manages to finish any. Especially since this book was pretty long, and she was only on chapter 12. She was invested in the girls story, and the way she had gotten more and more comfortable around her future lover. She sat there comfortably, reading the book as she heard the door open, the ring of a bell coming from it. She looked up, a slightly shocked face coming from her.

"Amirah? Holy sh- I didn't except you to visit!"

Lucinda blurted out, a small bit overwhelmed. Amirah chuckled at her reaction, calming her down.

"Its fine dear! I just heard from alastor that you make quite the particular potions....I was wondering if I could get 3 healing potions? I do tend to get into accidents, and healing those take quite long..."

"Of course! Also that will be 420$."

Lucinda says, taking out the potions from under the cabinet, putting them around some bubble wrap and into a small bag to ensure safety. Amirah had given her the money in exchange for the potions.

"So, how have you been doing lately my dear? I couldn't stop thinking about you since the party!"

Lucinda quietly giggled in response to her compliment, a deep and slight rosy blush on her skin.

"Well I've been doing good, just extremely tired. I've got the feeling I can't catch a break! So many feelings of others to process, my own feelings to process, taking care of the hotel and my shop! It just becomes...much, y'know?"

"My! You sound like you could really use a break!-...or a nap for that matter-"

She chuckled in response to Amirah, seeing how sweet the woman was.

"Y'know, you're a complete competitor to alastors personality...you're so-....bubbly? And sweet, yet he....oh my satan- he tried to put keekee in a boiling pot!"

Amirah Gasped with a small smile, sort of finding it hilarious how he would do that.

"That sounds like something alastor would do....but trust me darling, as his mother, I've seen all of his personalities. And believe me, he's more...like you said- bubbly, or....well not sweet but a bit more quiet? You just have to get to know him better my dear."

Lucinda nodded with a small smile. Alastor? Quiet? Those are two words that should never be put in the same sentence, but here we are. She really didn't believe it, but she wasn't really one to say anythin-

"You aren't believing it huh?"

Amirah chuckled as Lucindas eyes went wide at her analysis. She nervously smiled with closed eyes.

"Well uhm...not really? I mean, alastor and quiet in the same sentence, sounds like something you would say if you're drunk and on drugs....plus probably in a fever dream-"

"Well, it's true! You just have to wait my dear...perhaps you'll experience it."

Lucinda chuckled.

"Well, I hope not, or else I'll be wondering if I'm in a dream."

Amirah laughed in response, liking this girl more by the second.

"Well I understand."

She said, as she started to say her goodbye, walking away to get back home. As she left, lucinda sighed, realized she'll be alone again. She kind of wished alastor was there...

"What the fuck."

She spoke to herself, realizing what she was just wishing for. Did she just say that so normally as if it was a habit? She shook her head, trying to get the thought out of her head, but it was practically jammed in there, not budging to get out.

She groaned in annoyance, as she was practically fighting with her mind. She eventually just gave up, realizing it's best to just not react to it and it'll leave....eventually. she looked outside her store, seeing how it looked outside, wondering if she should perhaps go outside? (K so I probably put to many outsides in that sentence but fuck it.)

She thought about it for a second before realizing she has to visit Rosie anyway.

She grabbed her purse, immediately walking out, needing to socialize till her social battery runs low and she becomes a tired fuck again.

Surprisingly she had managed to get there rather quickly. When she opened the door she was met with two familiar faces..

'Fuck...I should have not wished for that'

She thought to herself in regret as she saw alastor and Rosie talking to each other at the counter.

"Oh, hey Luci! I wasn't expecting to see you here at this time of day?"

"Yeah well I got bored... fucking, not experiencing the dread of that hotel makes me want to do arson."

Lucinda sighed, as she walked to the counter, but a few inches back, to not get that close next to alastor.

"You look like you have a hangover..."

And that's when it clicked.

"Oh....so that's why I was feeling dizzy all this time...dammit I feel so idiotic now, I couldn't even remember that I drank like....3 bottles of wine..."

Rosie slightly Gasped as alastor chuckled.

"Actually my dear angel, it was four!"

"What!? Since when- HOW?"

"Husker smashed the glass bottle so you most definitely don't remember it for that reason!"

She groaned as Rosie sighed in slight disappointment.

"How did you even manage to drink that much?"

"I was annoyed by everyone around me okay?! Overwhelmed I guess."

Alastor raised an eyebrow at her as she spoke about being annoyed. Well even if she was annoyed, she definitely hid it well.

"Well, at least you're not the only one. Angel has supposedly called in sick, being nauseous from all that beer. Husker drank more then he was used to and was surprisingly sober the whole day. And I myself have been feeling...tired?"

"You? Tired? Sounds like something a person advertising a scam would say."

Rosie laughed at lucindas response as alastor playfully rolled his eyes.

"Yes well, you drinking four bottles of wine like a dehydrated child, especially with that small body of yours is also practically impossible. Yet here we are, aren't we Lucinda?"

Rosie held in a wheeze but immediately laughed at his remark. Who knew alastor could be so good at Insulting. Lucinda scoffed playfully, a small smirk on her face now.

"Okay, I'm practically as tall as you, just pointing that out. But hey, at least I don't look like a strawberry a child glued eyes onto and a tophat and started putting it into a dollhouse to call it a 'toy'."

She said, pointing at him while looking him up and down. If angel were here, he would definitely agree. Alastor looked at her with a sharpend gaze before playfully sighing, seemingly not being able to keep up....most likely from the hangover.

"Fine fine, you win... but I will win this fight next time, I assure you that my dear."

She rolled her eyes at him as Rosie spoke up.

"Alright you two, enough flirting, now listen up! I just remembered the craziest drama I heard a few days ago and you both have to hear it."

Alastor and Lucinda were a bit stunned, looking at eachother with confused looks.

'Flirting?? No, that can't be right.. '

She thought to herself as she took a few steps back from alastor. They both shook it off, but started listening in to Rosie and what drama she had to spill.

--------

Words: 1328