02

Sitting next to Jihye, you are putting henna on her hand. Your eyes are full of sadness. There is no smile on your face. You looks dull. Looking at your sad face, Jihye whispered
"What happened to you? Why did you make such a face?"

You replied in a cold voice.
"Nothing happened."

Jihye frowns. You're most excited about her mehndi ceremony. You decided who would wear the saree-kurta of which color. But why are you so quiet now? You're supposed to be excited right now.

Jihye said again, "Something happened to you? Do you feel bad?"

now you said in a strong voice, "I said, sister, nothing happened. I'm fine."

Jihye didn't said anything else. She was silent. Who knows what happened to the girl!

Ten minutes ago, you came running out. After hearing the words from yoongi's mouth, you didn't stand there for a moment. He was going to tell you something but you left before that. But now it seems that you should have listened to him. Because you know this much that yoongi is not the kind of person who would secretly see you wearing a saree or look at you with different eyes. Yoongi is not like that, she knows.

Then suddenly hearing yoongi's words and manner of speaking, nothing else came to your little brain at that time.
His words seemed true to you. But now? Now it seems that he was joking.
________________

Loud music is being played. A few of Jihye's friends are dancing in front. Everyone's saree is ruined. The elders of the house are not there. Here are all the cousins. If they were elders, they would not have had the courage to dance like this.

Yoongi was probably talking about them. Those girls are really fierce type.
Your cousin's are standing in a corner. Your and Jihye's elder brother Jimin. And the two sons of your younger aunt's Namjoon and Taehyung. They are busy chatting. They have no idea about the ceremony.

Yoongi is the only son of your elder aunt mrs.min. Your elder aunt lives in the flat next to yours. And your younger aunt mrs.kim lives far away. They came here for a week on the occasion of Jihye's marriage. Your father has no siblings so you have no father's sides cousins.

You are quietly applying henna on Jihye's hands. You can't apply henna on both hands alone, so chaewon is applying henna on the other hand. Chaewon is your younger aunt's daughter. Namjoon and Taehyung's younger sister. But she is one and a half years older than you.

Your sister's friends have stopped dancing a while ago. They are sitting on the front chair in a tired manner.
Jihye's legs are getting tried while sitting for so long. With a frown she said,
"How long will it take you? I feel unbearable"

You looked at her calmly. Your sister was always impatient. You said, "It will take another half hour or more...".

Yoongi's husky voice was heard before you could finish the whole sentence.
"Hey y/niee, get up. Ever since then, you have been occupying the next seat. We couldn't even take a picture with Jihye. Get up!"

You looked shocked. There are Namjoon and Taehyung with Yoongi. You immediately looked down and thought, when did he come here? Wasn't he sleeping?

Yoongi frowned. Seeing you not getting up, he said again in a mild scolding tone,
"Get up. Where will I sit?"

You stood up quickly. You felt shy again. He was standing a little distance from you. In a hurry to step up, the corner of the open henna in your hand was pressed hard and almost a lot of henna spilled and was worn on Yoongi's kurta. You got scared. It has to be happened now?

You said in a scared voice.
"Sorry, I'm... cleaning it." You wiped it with your hand and smeared it more. As a result, your hands were smeared a lot. Jihye said in an annoyed voice,
"What have you done? His kurta is completely ruined. Why are you so clumsy..."

Yoongi stopped her in the middle. He took out a Tissue from his pocket, looked at you for a moment, wiped his kurta and said in a serious voice, "No problem."
Then he got busy taking pictures with everyone.

You stood silently in a corner. The heavy expression on your face has become heavier. The henna that is spolied more and more on your hands is getting colored. You don't find anything around to wipe it. Like yoongi, you don't walk around with Tissues
in your pocket anymore.

Your eyes are burning. Everything feels unbearable. you looked at the clock. It was ten o'clock at night. You had not yet put henna on your hand. You looked at the henna tray with a wounded look. The tray is completely empty. Your sister's friends and everyone else have put it all together. And you have to apply henna on jihye's hand with what you has in you hand. So you can't apply henna on your hand. And who will buy you a new one this late at night?

Suddenly feeling something in your hand, you quickly looked at it. Yoongi is standing next to you.

He is gently holding your hand covered with henna and wiping it carefully with his handkerchief.
His eyes are on your hands. You quickly looks at your cousin's. No, everyone is busy taking pictures. No one is paying attention.

He looked at your hands and said in a very calm but at least firm voice,
"I didn't see anything at that time. I joked about the mirror. And you don't understand anything and ran out. Go to your room and see. Your dressing table is in other side. While lying in bed, you can not see your dressing table but the door of the bathroom and the balcony in the mirror of the closet. After listening to the whole story, you have to react. I got up after a long time after chaewon called you. When I realized that you were completely ready. You didn't wear your saree properly so i got mad and scolded you but I'm not sorry for scolding you. Because I know you wouldn't even think about fixing it if I didn't fixed it for you. And i didn't lied about that other rooms was really full of guests. The key of our flat was with father and father went out. There were aunt and uncle kim in jihye's room. I can't ask them to come out on their face, but my head was really paining and i was feeling sleepy, so I was forced to go to sleep in your room or I would never have gone."

Saying that, yoongi let go of your hand. He put the handkerchief in his pocket and wiped the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand. There was obvious sadness in his eyes. You looked at him with a shocked look. Why I'm so stupid? How could i did not trust him? Now I feel annoyed with myself.

_____________

12 midnight...
You came out of the washroom with a tired look on your face. All the guests had left.
There is no one in your room. You can never share a room. Jihye unnie, Chaewon unnie sleep in one room.

Namjoon and Taehyung oppa slept with yoongi in yoongi oppa's flat. Uncle kim and your father were in your brother Jimin's room. Jimin is sleeping on the couch in the living room. And your mother and younger aunt kim are in the same room. Only your room is empty.

After changing the saree, you are now wearing a plain pajamas.
Everyone in the house has mehndi on their hands, but you doesn't have it. Your hand is empty, pale. Because the henna got finished. The shop is closed now. Where will you get henna? So you didn't ask anyone to bring it for you.

You opened the drawer of the table with shaky hands. You had left your phone turned off there. You thought that if you took the phone to the event, you would somehow lose the phone. You has lost your phone twice before. Since then you does not take your phone to any event.

When you opened the drawer, your eyes sparkled with surprise and happiness. The expression of sadness on your face disappeared behind a wide smile. A new henna packet was kept in the drawer.
You quickly picked it up.

After turning on the phone, the smile on your lips brightened a little more with the sound of the message.
A message came from yoongi's number. A small message written there -

"Apply henna on your hands. Tomorrow morning don't come in front of me with your empty hands"