3

She took off out the door at full speed, she was on a mission and to be honest I agreed with her. He hurt us and nearly killed us so we need to break the link. We don't need him and I don't want him. Not now, not after what he did to us. I couldn't even comprehend what she meant by we have him but her sniffing the air and a pull in my chest distract me so we follow it, she runs at full speed never taking a breath, a wolf on a mission and I was so ready for this bond to be broken.

  I'd rather hate him than love him and feel that. Feel his disloyalty. Feel him be with another, every step we took the angrier we got. We came to the boundary line and I followed it coming out into the road and I ran down it towards a heavily guarded entrance gate. When we got there 4 men with guns appeared out of nowhere so we just sat at the gate and we howled. I didn't want to go into his territory, I didn't even want to see him but I had no other option.

  "What are you doing?"

  One of them said to us, I ignore him and howl louder, it's a pained urgent howl

  "Seriously you can't be here go before the alpha comes. he will kill you"

  I'd rather be dead than live like this so I ignored him and howl even louder, I could hear all the emotion that I felt for him in this howl. All the pain he's caused me. I felt it all.

  "You know what? it's your damn funeral, he's coming anyway"

  He clenches his fists and walks away shaking his head. I howl louder and I can feel him get closer, his presence only pisses me off further so I stand and wait for him and I continue to howl. A jeep stops at the gate and he jumps out looking pissed but as he comes closer realisation hits him and his face softens slightly. He jumps the gate and Lexi steps back growling at him. He frowns and kneels in front on us, he tries to touch us but she jumps back growling

  "What's wrong little wolf, you need to shift I can't hear you like this"

  He stands up and pulls his shirt of and turns around, he points to the men

  "Turn NOW!"

  He commands them, their eyes open in surprise but they listen turning on the spot, I take the opportunity to shift, grabbing the shirt and pulling it on. I growl when I smell a girl on the shirt. He turns and looks me over. My body trembles in anger as I stare at him

  "What's wrong little wolf!"

  "What's wrong? What's fucking wrong? I JUST SPENT THE NIGHT IN THE DAMN HOSPITAL HAVING 6 FUCKING HEART ATTACKS BECAUSE OF YOU!!!"

  I push him away from me growling

  "Because of whoever the hell you were around that smells like cheap perfume. Reject me because I'll kill my self if I ever feel it again! Seriously, what was it? 4 hours? 4 fucking hours you waited. I fucking hate you"

  I scream the last bit hitting his chest, tears streaming down my face and I punch and kick the bastard. His eyes start to water as I scream at him letting it all out.

  "Fuck you! Fucking fuck you you bastard!"

  He grabs my arms and stops me from hitting him, i try to pull away

  "No no no you can't fucking touch me! You have no fucking right get off me"

  I scream and cry pulling away and falling to the ground on my ass. I pull my knees to my chest and I cry into them rocking back and forth as I cradle my broken heart. I hear a car pull up behind us but I ignore it as he sits in front of me, he tries to touch my hand but I growl pulling away from him, he puts his hands in the air

  "I'll not touch ok, I'm sorry I didn't know that would happen. I was upset—"

  "—you fucking cry, you punch something or kick an old person when your upset you don't go FUCKING someone 6 times! That's not upset Jax that is you being a bastard"

  I hear doors open and close behind me

  "Lucy are you ok, come home with us"

  "Not until he rejects me and gets rid of the bond. He's obviously a fucking slut and I'll not survive another night like last night"

  "It won't work"

  He says in front of me, I growl and punch the ground

  "What the fuck do you mean it won't work!!"

  I shout at him beyond angry, no this is fury not fucking anger.

  "Lycan mates for life, the bond doesn't break not fully but I had no idea it would stay in place like that. I thought the rejection would break some of it"

  I stand up and scream on the spot, he stands up with tears in his eyes

  "No you don't get to cry! Fuck you! So what? I'm stuck like this? I've got to live with you being a fuckboy for the rest of my life? I just learn how to live with it? Just like that"

  He tried to move closer walking towards me with his arms up I growl and slap them away

  "Stop fucking touching me"

  I shout at him jumping on the spot and pulling my hair, he closes his eyes and he looks like he's in pain.

  "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I never wanted to hurt you. This is not my intention I didn't even want you to reject me, I just needed time"

  I laugh shaking my head

  "Bullshit! Bullshit bullshit bullshit! Time to go fuck someone else 6 times. Just fucking admit it you never wanted me, I'm wearing a T-shirt that stinks of another girl! you called me fucking hitler for fuck sake. So stop pulling the I didn't want this card because you fucking did. Do you realise how that fucking feels! You know what fuck you, I'm done."

  Scott came over and pulls off his shirt standing between us and pulling my shirt from my body, Jax growls ferociously, Scott ignores him and pulls his shirt over my head then he turns and fucks the T-shirt in his face

  "Who the fuck are you and why are you touching my mate"

  He throws his aura at Scott, it's full force because I can feel it, deacon goes to walk forward but Scott stands up straighter squaring his shoulders, his fist clenched tightly at his side

  "No you don't get to claim her! Not after what you have done to her. You don't do this to your mate, you don't hurt them the way you have. Fuck you and your bullshit! We will be In Touch when we figure out how to break the bond"

  Scott takes my hand and rips me towards the car, Ailm smiles at him as Jax goes to come to me but deacon puts his hand on his chest.

  "Nope, put your number in there I'll ring you when we figure something out"

  I hear him say as Scott climbs into the back of the jeep and pulls me onto his knee. I'm still in shock that he was able to stand up to an alpha, but I was also extremely thankful. Ailm gets in wide eyed and amused

  "What the fuck? how did you do that?"

  "Do what?"

  He answers as my body starts to tremble, I was so cold, Ailm reaches out and heats up her hand, the air around us heats up and I sigh relaxing into Scott's chest.

  "You stood up to an alpha, did you not feel that wave of power wash over you when he talked?"

  He shrugged like it was nothing taking my fingers and playing with them

  "I could feel it but it didn't bother me. Why? what was meant to happen?"

  "You just have to do what he says and he went full force on you, that should have put you on your ass and made you want to shrink and climb back inside your mothers hoohaa and hide"

  I snort and laugh shaking my head, even my wolf laughs this time reminding me she was their

  Lexi
  Oh I'm here, I was just letting you get it all out. What's with this dude? I told you we have him but I didn't expect him to do that.

  Me
  Scott?

  Lexi
  Yeah, why is he so into us? I know we are smoking hot and all that but jezz we come with quite a bit of baggage, not that I can complain there is something awfully compelling about him, like he is meant to be ours or something?

  Me
  I don't really know

  "What made you stand up for me? What made you do all this?"

  I ask him looking at his face, Ailm moves closer like she wants to know too. He bites his lip and shrugs

  "I don't know, your just different"

  "Ok but why go to such lengths for someone you just met?"

  Ailm asks purging her lips and looking at him, he sighs and looks up at me and smiles

  "Because she's beautiful, she's kind, she's hilarious and she felt alone in a world full of people like me so I'm not sure if it's a combination of all that mixed together or their is just something about her"

  Lexi
  Well damn

  Ailm
  "Well damn"

  Lucy
  "Well damn"

  We all said at the same time, just as deacon got into the jeep, he looked in the mirror and shook his head

  "Your damn stupid pulling a stunt like that, you have just put a target on your back! I hope you know that"

  Me and Ailm look at each other and then at deacon

  "What do you mean?

  "Well for a start he doesn't want to break the bond, he feels like she is his. He stood up to him and never backed down. that's a challenge in his world, he let you go for now because I talked him out of it but you only have a few options here"

  "Wait what? He wants to kill him?"

  I leap forward to look at deacons face, he jumps a little

  "Fuck sake give a guy a warning. Jezzz"

  He shakes his head and I giggle, Ailm pushes my head back slightly so she can see to.

  "Spit it out D you know iv no patience for this shit"

  He chuckles and shakes his head

  "Well yes basically he wants to kill him. He wants to know who he is to you and why he was allowed to see you naked and why he stood up to him and all that, I told him your just friends but he didn't care about that and said if he feels you touch him, have sex with him or kiss him he will kill him so I said that won't happen and he is under the protection of our pack for now and he won't touch you"

  "But what if I want to touch her"

  All 3 of us freeze as Scott's head pops through the hole and I go bright red and iv no idea what to say, Ailm hits deacons shoulder and he clears his throat and continues

  "Well basically you're a dead man walking if you do. In his eyes she was always going to find her way back to him and he was going to find his way to her when he came up with a solution to his issue with her breed, that she is his and that is that"

  "But he went and had sex repeatedly"

  I flinch slightly and Scott's eyes soften

  "Sorry, but what I'm saying is he obviously doesn't feel that way"

  I closed my eyes because as much as I hated to admit it, it hurt to know that he didn't feel like that and only wanted me because someone else has me.

  "I know that, but in his mind he thought the link was broken and he went and did what he did because he couldn't have her. He didn't know that was going to happen and he won't ever do it again but now that you know how it feels if you do it to him it's just going to hurt more because you know what you're doing to him and if that happens he will kill Scott so it doesn't happen again. I know it's messed up and everything but this is the world we live in. It's kill or be killed and always has been"

  I sigh, laying back on the seat and taking a joint from Aiims bag of weed. I light it up and take a drag and offer some to Scott he refuses shaking his head.

  "It's like 5am in the morning? If I smoke that I ain't going to be able to do nothing all day"

  so I smoke it myself and we ride back in silence going to Ailms house, when we arrive I go to my room, Scott follows me in and I strip off and walk into the shower not really caring about him seeing me like this. He obviously doesn't care either because he strips off and climbs in beside me grabbing the soap and washing himself.

  Lexi
  This is weird? Are we not meant to be disgusted by another yet this one makes me want to throw all the rules out of the rule book?

  Me
  I know he's so flipping beautiful, maybe he's so pretty and we just can't resist his charm

  I smirk at him.

  "What?"

  "You just made yourself right at home didn't you?"

  He chuckle and shrugs

  "Yeah maybe, I don't know I just feel comfortable around you"

  "Me too"

  I wash my hair then stand under the stream of water letting the suds run down the drain, as I open my eyes he's staring at me

  "What?"

  I blush at his constant attention, it gives me butterflies and feelings I've never felt before.

  "Your just really really beautiful"

  My face flushes as he runs his finger down my cheek stepping forwards, right up to my face, close. To close

  "Scott we can't, he will feel it and kill you"

  "Let him try, I've been bare knuckle fighting from I was 12, Iv never lost a match"

  I roll my eyes he's so cocky it's hilarious

  "He's an alpha, he's been professionally training since before he could walk. He is a wolf and not just a wolf he's a Lycan. A pure Lycan. Up until a few days ago I never even thought there was any left but there are thousands of them and he is their alpha. They all work for him so even if you did manage to kill him or hurt him all those people would kill you because of it. So I'm sorry but no we can't do this"

  I push him away and stand on my tippy toes and I kiss his cheek then I step out from under the stream of water and dry myself off going in search of clothes from my suitcase. I pull on sweat and a vest top ignoring underwear and I use a brush to brush through my hair, Scott goes to get dressed

  "Hang on I'll get you clean clothes"

  He nods saying nothing, it's like he's deep in thought so I stick my head out the door and ask Ailm for clothes, she comes back with shorts and a T-shirt so I throw them at Scott and pull my hair into a bun then I leave him and go to the kitchen for coffee. Isla and Jake are sitting with Ailm and deacon.

  "Caron and lilly are on their way hopefully between them both they might be able to break the bond"

  I sit down and take a sip of coffee as Scott comes out and joins us. Deacon yawns and stretches

  "I'm to tired for training, will you go instead Jake"

  "Sure as long as you stay with isla"

  She rolls her eyes

  "Oh please I can look after myself"

  He pulls her close and kisses her cheek.

  "I know that baby but it would put my mind at ease please"

  She smiles at him

  "Fine"

  "What training do you do?"

  Scott asks, Jake looks surprised but goes into the training process

  "Well I've missed the gym. Do you mind if I tag along? The change might be good for me plus iv this big match in Vegas in a months and the fresh set of eyes might do me some good"

  "Scott, as in Scott cardinal?"

  He smiles and nods putting his hand out to shake jakes

  "Shit I didn't realise it was you, I won a fortune at your last match—"

  "—deacon were you gambling? You know how I hate that shit"

  He froze slightly and shook his head, Ailm growls

  "Stop singing the abc song, it drives me crazy. And I know you only do it when your hiding something so just spit it out"

  He sighs huffing slightly and pouting his lips at her

  "Ok me and dad might have bet on him but I swear that is all"

  She groans and kisses his lips and he grins at her.

  "I can see why it's hard to be around them they are so soppy"

  I chuckle as deacon and jakes jaws drop and they look so offended it's actually hilarious

  "Your mouth is going to get you killed"

  Deacon says huffing, making me and the girls giggle.

  "I'm not soppy, but I love my wife and it's hard not to love her all the time"

  Jake says to him, Isla grins at him snuggling closer

  "I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, but I do understand what she means about not being able to be with the person you want to be with but having to watch all the love. It's great you all have each other but it does make sense. It's hard to be around"

  They all look at him suspiciously

  "And who do you want to be with?"

  They all say at the same time, I bite my lip and look at him resting my hand on the palm of my hand.

  "Lucy"

  I choke and cough as they all look at him with their jaws on the table.

  "Are you sure you're human?"

  Ailm says to him studying him

  "I grew up as a human in an orphanage. Why? You think I have a secret wolf hiding somewhere?"

  He looks almost excited about that fact. I look to Ailm as she studies him

  "Not a wolf no, but something, my wolf is sure of it but we don't know what"

  Now I am intrigued

  "How did your parents die?"

  "From what I was told it started as a fire but the building collapsed and the crush killed them"

  "But you survived a fire without a scratch?"

  "Yeah, they said my parents died together from the crush not the fire, and I was unharmed I think there's even an article about it, I was a miracle baby"

  "And you got adopted?"

  He shakes his head sadly

  "Nah, the miracle baby had no home, I was always getting in trouble at school and then I was placed in a foster home with this man and he was awful, he would beat me black and blue but I got pissed one day because he tried to hit a little girl Emily, she was only 5 or 6 at the time. I beat him back and broke his nose and arm, instead of calling the cops he had the bright idea to enter me into a bare knuckle cage fight and I won so when he wanted me to fight he would threaten her so I'd fight and I'd win but when I was 16 I moved to MMA and a sponsor picked me up and he was going to foster me and get me out of his house but I refused to go unless he got Emily a new place to live so my sponsor mark went to social services and told them Emily wasn't safe so they moved her and I moved in with mark and a few weeks later Emily was found dead, her new foster parents had killed her and ran. After that I fought to kill and have done ever since"

  My heart hammered in my chest at his story, I had to swallow the lump in my throat and wipe the tear from my eye

  "Damn thats-"

  "—outrageous! Did they ever find the foster parents that hurt her?"

  He looks Ailm square in the eye with zero emotion

  "No THEY didn't"