24

I'm not sure why I want them to be pack so much? It's not like they will live with us and carry out pack duties but the connection, knowing I will always be a part of their lives even when I'm not around gives me comfort. The boys come out and Scott lays beside me and dad and he watches the sun rise with us.

  "Your a really amazing father I wish I had you growing up"

  I feel dad smile and throw his arm around Scott

  "Yeah me too maybe then you wouldn't be such a big sook"

  I cackle and Jax snorts laughing as Scott flips dad the bird.

  "Nah I'm joking I wish I had you all growing up but you have me now. So I hear you're going to Ireland. You realise it's cold as hell over there?"

  "Really I thought hell was hot"

  Scott's says making us all laugh again, dad slaps the side of his head

  "Seriously you're a damn idiot, I think this has been one of my best days ever. First you marry these 2 idiots then Luke was born and I got to watch you all attempt to change its nappy and then Jax stands in it and now you make me laugh. I feel like a real family without those other grumpy fuckers around"

  Jax snorts and laughs and lays on the other side of dad grabbing me and pulling me towards him and resting his head on mine

  "Give her back I had her first"

  Scott snaps reaching for me but Jax holds me tightly

  "Exactly you already had her so let me have her for a while"

  "Would you both stop ruining the moment"

  I snap at them both and dad laughs even harder.

  "Ok Scott get up, I need to move I'm not use to being in the middle of this ham sandwich and i need to make breakfast"

  "Nooo your not making breakfast lucy is"

  Jax sits up a little panicked and I groan

  "Just let dad do it, it's his recipe anyway"

  "No I agree with Jax it's nicer when Lucy makes it for us then scolds us"

  Scott adds moving so dad can get up he shrugs

  "I'll help you Lucy if your tired, fucking man babies both of you"

  He scolds standing to his feet as Jax puts me on my feet. I groan but follow dad inside and I start making my man babies their pancakes. The boys sit and watch me the entire time and dad groans

  "Do they do this every morning?"

  "Yep, they never had anyone cook for them before"

  I answer grabbing the pan and the chocolate chips

  "Never?"

  "Never"

  They answer him he smiles nodding his head as he makes the sauce and i make the pancakes

  "Boys set the table please"

  They get up and do what they are told and dad laughs again

  "What now?"

  "Nothing it's just funny, big scary ass men listening to you like they are scared of you"

  Jax snorts and stops

  "We are scared of her, you should have seen her drop me just by touching my hand she's scary as fuck"

  Dad laughs again

  "Yeah her mum did that to me a few times but the trick is to distract her by—"

  "Blablablablabla"

  I hold my ears and chant as dads about to say something dirty that he told me a year ago and I never want to hear it again. He laughs and puts his hands up

  "Fine fine I'll not tell them"

  I take a sigh in relief and finish the pancakes just as mum walks down the stairs with a grin on her face

  "You cooked?"

  "Ofcourse, sit and eat. how do you feel?"

  I ask her as she sits at the table and pours some coffee for us all. I bring the pancakes over and place them in the middle of the table as Jax pulls a chair out for me.

  "Great, how's the wee man?"

  "He peed in Lucy's mouth twice and Jax stood in his poop. It was really funny"

  Scott says making mum look to Jax worried

  "That must have been so difficult for you Jax how do you feel"

  My jaw goes slack and I look between them

  "Him? Are you seriously worried about him? He didn't have to taste my brothers Pee or your vagina goo and your worried about him"

  Dad throws his head back and he laughs again as Jax smiles at me like he won a damn competition that I didn't even know we had entered

  "Oh please as if you haven't had worse in your mouth"

  My jaw hits the floor and Jax is the first to break and he takes into a fit of contagious laughter, dads face was screwed up but even he was laughing

  "Mum that's gross"

  I wipe my tears from my eyes and try to take a deep breath to calm myself down.

  "Now this is how I wanted our wedding to be. Just fun and laughter. This morning really made up for it thank you"

  I say to my parents my mum squeezed my hand softly

  "I'm sorry, but for the record apparently the girls and gran got it all sorted out, they were dancing on tables together last night so that's positive"

  I smile back, that was positive. I'm happy they got their shit together because I love them but lately everything turns into an argument about them all and I hate it. My parents kept me on an island for a reason and this was part of that reason.

  "Just promise me that you give Luke the same childhood you gave me. Away from the drama and fights, living here and having all this and having laughter and love around the table is all he will ever need"

  Scott sits forward smiling at them saying

  "And promise to come visit every other month so he will always remember us and I want photos every day"

  Jaxon rolls his eyes and shakes his head

  "Seriously your not going to be happy until she gives us one will you"

  I screw my face up and shake my head. I did not want a baby anytime soon

  "Nah just be content with being a big brother for now because I'm not pushing one of those out of me yet"

  He pouts at me and gives me puppy dog eyes

  "Please just one I promise to look after it"

  I push his face away with my hands

  "Nope"

  Jaxon smirks as I eat some more pancakes as the baby cries Scott jumps up and goes to him, Jax leans over

  "He's trying to prove he can do it"

  He whispers I snort and shake my head

  "Well he can change it next time because I'm never getting Pee in my mouth again"

  I shudder at the thought and drink coffee trying to distract myself. The rest of the morning goes quickly with the family coming over to meet baby Luke but dad didn't let them stay for long and me and the boys stayed with my parents to avoid them all. They were happy to have us, Scott doted over the baby and Jax cleaned as I cooked and lay on my ass the rest of the time talking to the baby. Scott even learned how to change a pissy nappy although the verdict was still out on a poopy one.

  We had the plane booked to take us to Ireland tonight after supper so we would arrive when it was time to wake up. We decided to stay in Fay's house on the coast of Donegal and I was excited to go there and see the place. We booked a car to lift us so all we had to do was show up and the rest would be done for us by fay's staff. 

  Me and Scott lay on the couch with mum and dad and watched a movie while Jax went to the house to pack for us the way he liked it. But halfway through a knock came to the door and the girls were waving in so we paused the movie as they piled into my parents house. They said hey to the baby as me and Scott moved out to the deck, he pulled me on his knee and we smoked as the girls and boys came out and joined us.

  "We wanted to apologise for missing your wedding, we feel really bad about it"

  Ailm says sitting on deacon's knee I shake my head

  "Nah don't. Did you sort everything out?"

  I say to them all isla shrugs

  "Yeah I think so anyway. I feel better after it but I'm still a little nervous about the future"

  "Well that's the main thing. If you sorted it I'm glad it happened"

  I wasn't lying but I wasn't exactly being honest either. I'm not sure why but I was hurt and angry at them. They would never not turn up for each other's weddings, they would never not be there for each other so why was being there for me on my wedding day so hard. Mum was in early labour and in pain so she couldn't be, Aspen was so ill she could hardly stand straight. Gran was fighting with the girls. Megan and Lola avoided all contact because they didn't want to join the argument. Debbie had no other choice but to stay with Emmet and that I knew. Anyone that had a good excuse were not included in my wrath but the girls, Nan and my aunts all pissed me off. They should have chosen to do that today instead of yesterday or at least waited until after I got ready and the wedding happened but the whole day was ruined because of it and even afterwards everyone felt so awkward because nobody knew who was angry at who, and who's side to choose and it hurt that I mattered so little to them. Scott clearly hearing my thoughts kissed my head and pulled me tighter breathing in my scent.

  "So what's your plans next?"

  They ask us I smile trying to drop the tension

  "We are going to Ireland for our honeymoon tonight. Then we will fly home in a few days I already miss it although I'll miss my parents more"

  "Me too"

  Scott agreed as Jaxon appeared, he came to our side and Scott let him take half of me over to his side. He kissed me then leaned against Scott who was yawning.

  "Yeah we are going to stay on for a week and chill, it's been good to get away"

  "I'm going to miss mum and dad but hopefully they will join our pack and come home soon"

  I smiled as Jaxon referred to my parents as mum and dad, everyone else raised their eyebrows in surprise but I wasn't surprised. my parents had that effect on them, I elbowed Jaxon

  "Yeah because mum treats you like a baby, oh Jaxon that must have been so difficult for you"

  I said mocking him Scott laughed as Jax started to tickle me making me squeal in shock, he moved placing me between him and Scott and Scott helped him making me jump around

  "Why do you only ever get along when your tickling me, stop before I make you piss yourselves"

  Isla snorts and laughs as both boys throw their hands in the air terrified I would make good on the offer.

  "What are you guys doing for dinner?"

  Ailm asks us

  "Pops is cooking bbq you should all come"

  I shake my head

  "Nah I'm going to stay with mum and dad give them a chance to sleep before we leave plus I want to spend as much time with them as possible"

  After that they left and I was so thankful because I couldn't look at them without feeling a little resentful

  "I know they hurt you baby but now we know for next time not to depend on them"

  Jaxon says cuddling up on the sofa with me and Scott as mum puts the baby down to sleep and dad makes his famous lasagna.

  "I know but it still sucks, I'm just happy I have you both, Greg and dale. Your all the friends I need"

  They smile at me sadly but pull me into a crushing hug kissing each cheek and making me giggle

  "You will always have us, baby. Forever"

  "Forever"

  Both me and Scott say at the same time. We have our family dinner and after a few hours it's time to say goodbye to mum. We all end up crying including the boys as we say our goodbyes to them. Emmet, Aspen, Luca, Fay and Arden had come to say goodbye too, but I was getting the feeling the others were avoiding us as much as we were avoiding them. When I got aspen alone I asked her

  "Why are they avoiding us?"

  She looked sad pulling me into a hug her small bump getting in the way, she whispers in my ear

  "They are still freaking out because he is alpha of a Lycan pack that doesn't bend the knee to Arden"

  I frown pulling away

  "Does Arden feel that way too?"

  She frowns shaking her head as the kids run up behind her to say goodbye

  "Of Course not, he really likes them he doesn't care if they bend the knee or not he just cares that your happy and they have changed plus he's got a real bromance going with the guys"

  I smile relaxing a little as the kids pull me into a crushing hug

  "Can we come visit you at your new pack?"

  "Of Course you can, I'd love to have you. We can even make brownies and watch movies like when I babysat you"

  They hugged me again then moved onto the boys. We left after that and i told the boys and dad what aspen said he shook his head growling

  "They did the same to me, Megan, Brian, Lola and James were the only ones who accepted me at the start. Hated that I grew up rogue. Don't worry about them you have all that you need baby and maybe not bending the knee is a good thing it will only make you targets of other rogues and packs that haven't. Maybe your better off dealing with Lycan politics on its own"

  "I think he's right babe. I wanted to bend the knee eventually but maybe we are better off out of their wars. We have enough of our own to deal with"

  Jaxon added I smiled and looked at dad fondly, both him and mum joined our pack before we left so in emergencies we could link each other and they can come anytime now and they would be let in. By the time we had said goodbye to dad and the plane had taken off we were exhausted and more than ready to sleep.
  —————-

  5 days later...

  We had spent 5 amazing private days on the coast of Ireland. We didn't even leave the house that much as we were right on the water and the house came with chefs and cleaners although the boys still made me cook them their pancakes every morning. By the time we were pulling up to our house training had just finished and the pack looked good. We had stopped for ingredients and I got to work making breakfast as Dale and Greg filled us in on pack business, they set the table as I placed the food in the centre.

  "So I was thinking about the hospital, I wanted to start healing the sick but I'm not sure how the pack will react?"

  I say to them all they freeze and look at me Jax studies me

  "It would help but how do we explain it?"