38

He hops of with her as cù comes over and licks my tummy

  Scott
  They are all safely away to the bus, the school is set with clothes, cots, food and careers and tomorrow we can start placing them in new homes.

  He licks my belly again, then kneels down, I climb on as deacon comes to ailms side and kisses her.

  "Let's go home I'm so tired"

  Deacon yawns, Ailm smirks

  "So did you hear the good news?"

  He frowns and points to me

  "That she's up the duff? Yeah"

  "No, that Jake and Isla took a little girl home. You should have seen it I wish I recorded it she's like a mini Isla"

  He groans

  "As if living with 2 of you isn't enough, what the hell are we going to do with a 3rd? Does she realise she has to feed it 3 times a day and make sure it has water and naps and to teach it manner"

  We snort and laugh at the last one

  "Manners? You should hear the little shit curse it's so cute coming out of her mouth"

  Deacon groans leaning on Ailm as they walk by our side. We made it home in around the same time frame, the woman and men of the pack who couldn't fight stayed home to get the place ready for all the kids. They would watch over them until tomorrow when they would be placed with families. It was the middle of the night so I sent mum a text to say we were home safe and wanted the baby back first thing in the morning when they woke up then I went and had a quick shower and I collapsed on the bed completely exhausted and ready for sleep.
  ————————
  3 days later..

  It had been a crazy few days, the kids were all safe and sound in new homes. Everyone who had kids welcomed extra, families who wanted kids took on extra, gay couples were first in line to add a baby to the family. Dale and Greg were like walking zombies but they were loving every second of being daddies to a little princess who they named Lexi after me because I saved her. I was also her godmother and I was already loving the role.

  My parents adored everything about being grandparents and Carter loved them and Luke, Luke was already sitting up, Carter wasn't far behind him but he was still a mummy's boy. Wolf babies grow fast but Lycan baby's progress like crazy, Carter already acted like he was a few months old

  Today was arden and fays little girls first birthday and all the family would be there so we are taking the opportunity to introduce Carter and Ashley to the family and of course you can't forget penny Jake and Islas little girl who was more like a tornado rushing through the place like a lunatic shouting profanities at the top of her lungs but Isla and Jake were smitten, Ailm and deacon were godparents and she already had her first bike. So today was a big day for all the kids. The new generation meeting the old.

  Carter was dressed in jeans and a shirt with a little bow tie, I wore a leggings dress that showed off my tiny baby bump paired with ballet pumps. Scott thinks I look adorable. I lift him from his seat and kiss his cheek. Jaxon comes up behind me pulls me into his chest, I could tell he was nervous for the news we were about to tell them. Damn it wouldn't surprise me if gran banned us from ever coming back but they need to know.

  "We have your back"

  Mark whispers to me, reaching over and kissing my cheek. They were still staying with us and would be for the entire summer so I was glad to have them as backup.

  "It will be fine"

  Scott pushes both our backs towards the entrance mum and dad come to our other side

  "It will be fine love. Arden and Fay won't mind"

  "I'm not worried about them it's everyone else"

  "Look if they start we leave and that's it"

  Dad adds making us all follow him, I hold Carter tighter and bite my lip

  "Maybe we should tell Arden and Fay first?"

  "Yes let's do that"

  Jaxon nods and Scott rolls his eyes

  "Fine"

  We walk in and are greeted by Arden and Fay, they hug us all and say hello to Carter. He stuffs his fist in his mouth and chews on it.

  "Can we talk to you both in private for a minute?"

  Arden frowns nodding and pointing us towards the office, we go in and sit down and my hands tremble with anxiety and nerves

  "What's wrong your trembling it can't be that bad"

  Arden says worried pulling Fay onto his knee I take a breath and fan my face

  "It's not that she's just nervous. So you know Carter's birth mother was a banshee and his father a Lycan hellhound?"

  Ardens eyebrows shoot up in surprise and he looks at Carter smiling at him

  "No I didn't know that but go on"

  I take a breath and sigh

  "Ok so marks mate she was in the cell with Carter's mother, she had a vision that she would die, that Ashley would get free and bring him to us and we would raise him and her as our own. But she also saw that our baby would be his mate, that together they would rule as Lycan king and queen and stand side by side with Ella and her mate while they rule as werewolf king and queen. That Lycan in hiding from all over the world would emerge and bend the knee to Carter. That he would be family and friends with your Ella"

  Their jaws drop and Fay's face broke out into a huge grin

  "That's who was standing beside her I thought the four of them were Ailm fated now this makes sense"

  She said slapping Arden he laughs rolling his eyes

  "I told you that wouldn't happen and there had to be a mistake. Anyway, so why are you afraid to tell us this?"

  I sag in relief against jaxon who lets out a breath of air that he was holding to

  "I was afraid they would all go crazy and think we are trying to take over or something, I'm not really sure but I'm just afraid of their reactions, but there's more, so his birth parents came from a community of banshee and hellhound, they had i visions of Ailm who is pure hound and the ones who are Ailm fated to a hellhound who isn't active are going to start coming to Ailm so she can call on the hound apparently it was seen as well but none of them have wolves, most don't even find there fated, his father was bitten by the Lycan rogues and they were going to take him and teach him the old ways and take over your pack and all packs. That's why we had to kill them all but the girls that we saved"

  "Why did you not tell us we would have sent our people to help?"

  Arden looks to jaxon he shrugs

  "We don't kneel to you, it's a bit weird asking for help when we don't kneel to you"

  Arden wagged his hand and shook his head

  "I don't care your family, fuck what the others downstairs say, our kids will grow up as friend and cousins and they will rule side by side and if anyone has an issue with that then they can deal with me plus this is a good thing. Your people should be able to come out from the shadows and have someone who wants to move into the future. I'll tell the people myself so they can suck it, come on let's do this"

  I giggle and Fay puts her hands out to take Carter he blows bubbles at her

  "Look Carter you can't burn her"

  It's like he understands and he freaks out clasping his hands together making us laugh, she takes him and he coos at her, I grab her hair and pull it back just as he reaches for some

  "Sorry he has a thing about hair don't you Carter, you like to give people bald spots"

  She laughs, throwing him into the air and nearly giving me a heart attack. I squeak and turn into jaxons arms he laughs

  "He's ok he's ok look, and seriously even if she dropped him the kid burned through the changing table the other day and fell on his head"

  "I know but it's still scary to watch"

  I answer pouting

  "Ella is the same, it's worse now because she takes a tantrum and just combusts. We call her angry bird because it's like those birds that when they get pissed all their feathers explode on their body. Just wait until some child steals his toy then your in for a world of trouble"

  Fay says smiling at Carter, Arden laughs and walks ahead

  "Just wait until he explodes mid poop, Bás was scolding her because apparently I spoil her and he lifted her off the floor and she she punched him on the nose and he told her that was bad and she got all mad and exploded and she pooped at the same time it went all over us I swear he hasn't even told her no since"

  I could see and feel jaxon internally freak out as Arden laughs his head off with Scott

  "Let's just not tell him no"

  I whisper to him he nods in agreement

  "Never"

  I laugh but stop as my stomach jumps, I grab jaxons hand and put it to my stomach and it does it again

  "Holy shit she's kicking"

  "Who where our ohhhh shit"

  Scott dives across the floor and puts his face to my belly as she moves again

  "She kicked my face"

  He whispers rubbing my stomach and kissing it

  "Hey little nut it's daddy 1"

  "What kind of name is daddy 1, that implies that I'm daddy 2 and I'm not!"

  Scott gets up rolling his eyes

  "Well what do you think we should tell her, I'm not having her call me daddy Scott"

  I groan and slap them both on the back of the head

  "We are adults at a toddler party so please act like it"

  I push past them as they continue to bicker just as penny runs straight past me to the door

  "Mummy daddy there's a fucking bouncy house, why do we live in a tiny house when Ella gets a damn castle"

  I cover my mouth to stop myself from laughing

  "Penny what did I tell you about cursing"

  She rolls her eyes

  "I know, I know, don't do it infront of grumpy granny lilly because she will think your bad parents"

  This time I snort and I can't help but burst into a fit of laughter

  "I told you you shouldn't have said that even if you were in the other room the kid has ninja hearing"

  "Yes I can even hear it when daddy make mum—-"

  Isla puts her hand over her mouth and both boys and I are laughing hysterically as Jake shakes his head face palming. Isla shrugs her shoulders

  "Penny I told you, your not allowed to say that or your going home and you won't get to play on the bouncy house"

  She stomps her little foot and rants something into Islas hand, she takes it away

  "Mummy stop being such a prude all mummies and daddies do it or there wouldn't be babies"

  "Sweet baby wolf, child your going to send me to the mental clinic now get in there and act like the proper little lady that you should be and stop telling the world about our sex life"

  She rolls her eyes and sighs

  "Fine but being proper is over-a-rated"

  She stomps of into the great hall and I bite my lip and look to Isla

  "So how fun is it to be a parent of a mini you"

  "Absolutely awful, next time we are adopting a mini lilly to scold her and put her in her place"

  I snort and laugh and we all walk into the hall just and I hear a scream of terror and I flinch as little Ella has a full blown banshee scream at one of the kids who stole her toy on the bouncy castle, Fay jumps up handing me Carter as Arden sprints to get Ella just as she combusts in the bouncy house and it bursts immediately flattening as kids scream and race to get off in time.

  "For fuck sake who let the hellhound in the bouncy house. That was bloody dumb"

  Penny screeches making tears run down my cheek. I'm laughing so hard people don't know whether to laugh at the entire scene or run away and hide.

  "To date this is definitely the best party this family has ever had"

  Deacon says walking away casually like this is all a regular occurrence. By the time the day was over I had spent most of it laughing my head off. On the way home both me and Carter fell asleep happy that the family now knew about his future.
  ————————
  2 weeks later...

  Aspens POV

  I growl as I try and fail at reaching my feet to put on my socks.

  Beatha
  Fuck them let's wear flip flops

  Me
  You know what your right fuck this, fuck it all

  I push my huge ass off the damn bed and I stomp into the closet and throw a pair of flip flops on the ground and guess where my toes go. After around 5 minutes I finally have them on properly and I head up to the kitchen.

  "Well it's abou—"

  I growl

  "—finish that damn sentence and I'll pull your dick of and make you eat it"

  Jason's throws his hands in the air as a surrender

  "Sorry, your family has arrived, they will be here any minute. Food is nearly done"

  I nod and walk to the office, the girls and Penny were coming over with Lucy and Carter. I was excited to have them over but I was nervous having the kids here touching Arthur's stuff so I needed Lucas' help to keep them entertained. I open the office and he's yawning behind the desk. A mountain of paperwork lay in front of him. He smiles at me standing up

  "They here yet?"

  "Yes, just keep penny entertained, the child's a maniac"

  "Don't remind me"

  He shakes his head nervously, Penny was adorable and you would honestly think Isla birthed her herself, she's just so similar to her in every way. But there was only one problem with that, she's breakable but that doesn't matter to her, no she thinks she's unbreakable and that scares the life out of us all she could kill herself by doing a stupid trick or anything. The doorbell goes so I turn to open it but penny walks right in

  "Why would we wait? Shebs family, family downt knock"

  She rolls her eyes at isla, Isla looks frazzled, her hair isn't perfect the way it usually is and she has no makeup on. She even has a little sauce down her top and she looks exhausted. Penny pauses when she sees me

  "Dammed you got fat as fuck"

  Ailm squeaks covering her mouth to suppress her laugh as Islas eyes widen and she growls

  "Penny she is growing little babies she is not fat she is pregnant, apologise"

  "I don't know what your seeing but those babies ain't little"

  I turn and grab my mouth to stop the laugh, Luca is looking to the roof trying to stop his as penny runs past us and out to the deck when she's gone we all break into a fit of laughter. Well all of us but Isla who sighs shaking her head

  "Sorry aspen"

  She kisses my cheek and walks into the room, ailm comes in next holding her tiny bump looking adorable, she gives me a side hug then comes Carter and Lucy, Scott holds the baby and they had definitely both been giggling. Lucy's bump had gotten huge.

  "Damn it really does go faster for you, you must be tired"

  She groans nodding her head then she pulls me into a side hug

  "You have no idea"

  Just then Carter starts to cry, she pulls away smiling as he puts his hands out to her, she takes him and kisses his cheek and he gurgles at her

  "Yes we are in aspens house so remember no exploding"

  She talks to him like he understands her and she understands him, she's so good with him. She just fell into the role, I'm not sure I'll be that good at it

  "I know what your thinking, and I swear the kid does understand her, it's a good job she's birthing his mate because I can't see anyone else ever being good enough for her little mummy's boy"

  Scott says kissing my cheek and following her into the room, Luca kisses my cheek next and leads me to the sofa to sit down. As I plant my ass on the sofa I sigh, I'd only been standing a few minutes and my back was already killing me. Lucy let's Carter down on the ground and he rolls around giggling with Togo, Togo sits by his side the entire time as Carter pulls at his hair

  "Carter gentle, you don't want to hurt Togo"

  Lucy slides off the sofa and onto her ass beside them both, Togo lays on her knee but Carter doesn't like that and he lets off a little growl

  "Did he just growl?"

  I am amazed watching them. Carter scrambles over Lucy's legs and pushes Togo away, Togo basically rolls his eyes and licks Carter's face making him screw up his nose.

  "Yes, he growls when anyone but the boys and Ashley come to close, you try to protect mama don't you son"

  He gurgles rolling onto his back looking at her, she giggles

  "Yes that's right, but Togo's nice, he helps mummy"

  I look at Ailm who's watching her too, she shrugs as Isla just doesn't care she's laying back and enjoying the break as Luca runs around after penny. He reaches for Togo's snout, Togo moves it over the baby's face and Carter makes a kissing sound. Togo licks his cheek again.

  "Good boy Carter"

  He claps his hands giggling up at her, the kid understands her. I look to Scott his eyes are trained on them watching them

  "You understand him?"

  I ask her, she smiles up At me

  "Yeah, he seems to have a great understanding, after spending so much time with him I kinda understand why he does what he does—"

  "—kinda? Lucy you told me he wanted to wear the pink shirt instead of the green shirt this morning"

  I raise my eyebrow looking at her, she blushes a little

  "I just know that because I could pick up on his emotions, the pink made him happy the green made him nothing"

  Scott rolls his eyes at her

  "Give yourself more credit, come on you, let's let mummy have some girl time and we can go look at the ducks with penny"

  At her name Carter bounces on the spot excitedly

  "He likes penny?"

  I ask her she smiles as Scott pulls her off the floor and onto the seat beside me, he hands Carter to her and she kisses him

  "Be good for daddy"

  He claps his hands as he lifts him and walks out, Lucy looks at me clearing her throat

  "Yes he loves Penny, he loves all Lycan kids, it's like he can sense the difference. He knows who his people are"

  I purge my lips thinking it over and over I groan as my back throbs

  "What's wrong"

  Ailm asks moving closer i sigh

  "Honestly the whole pregnancy experience is what's wrong, I haven't stopped vomiting from the moment they were conceived, i've been laid up, Unable to go anywhere or do anything for months and I'm sick of it now my back hurts and I just want them to come the fuck out of me"

  I rant trying to fix the pillow behind my back. Lucy pulls herself closer and grabs my hand. She sighs and slowly I feel the pain disappear and I groan. The pain dissipates and I realise I haven't felt this good in months

  "Damn girl you need to bottle that up and sell it, I feel so good"

  She grins at me happy with herself.

  "So do you know what you're having?"

  Isla yawns making me chuckle

  "Yes, a boy and a girl, why are you so tired?"

  She huffs shaking her head

  "That kid has me killed, I swear she never stops. I have no idea what I did with my time before her but I do know I wasted a whole lot of it"

  I chuckle and look out the door and smile, Luca has her on his shoulders pointing to different things across the water.

  "How has Jake settled into being a father?"

  "Great, he loves it but you should see her play them both, she managed to convince deacon to buy her another bike. It's been what 3 weeks and she already has 3 bikes and an electric jeep"

  Isla rolls her eyes like it's ridiculous, I smirk raising my eyebrow in the air