36

I mouth a 'thank you' to him and start filling the plates, I pour the coffee and sit down at the table and stuff the food into my mouth, devouring it and moaning as I finish and come up for air. Scott and Jaxon are watching me smirking at me.

  "What I'm hungry don't judge me I'm growing a human"

  I snap, taking a drink of coffee and silently wishing I could smoke. The boys finish quickly and we leave heading to the car, Mark's sitting outside the side of the house and I groan the kid is so damn dumb.

  'Go around the back'

  I shout silently at him but as I turn back Scott is standing there so I raise my arms and pretend to yawn. He looks at me weirdly but I ignore it and jump into the jeep. He watches me as he climbs in. When jaxon gets in I look anywhere but at them both

  "Ok what is going on?"

  I bite my lip desperate to tell him the truth, I don't lie and I'm bad at it so I avoid answering. He growls starting the jeep and adjusting the mirror so he's looking at me.

  "Lucy tell me, I can feel that you want to tell me"

  Damn him and his direct fucking quiestion. I hear Lexi laugh in the back of my head and I pout.

  "I do but your just going to get mad and I don't want that, and I don't want you to be upset but you will be so can you please just not ask me"

  Jaxon looks out the window avoiding the conversation altogether, he can lie so he should be the one answering.

  "Nope now you have to tell me"

  I groan rubbing my face with my hands and I plead with him

  "No, not until you promise not to get mad"

  He rolls his eyes

  "Touch me and make me promise not to get mad, take the anger out of me"

  I frown and shake my head I don't like giving fake feelings to the people I love

  "You know I don't like that"

  "Well you either do it and tell me or you don't and tell me but either way I want to know"

  I sigh touching his shoulder and making his body feel understanding, that he won't get mad and he won't ban Ashley from leaving. I pull away and look at him

  "Ok, so mark and Ashley had sex so I brought her to get contraception and made them be careful but when I came down this morning I found mark sneaking out of Ashley's room so I made him stand outside until we left, then I gave them chores as punishment"

  He burst out laughing shocking me, I freeze weary of his reaction

  "He's been standing outside all morning?"

  "Yep"

  I answer popping the 'p'

  He laughs harder as we leave the territory and head towards the airport. He wipes his face

  "They are really good liers. You on the other hand are absolutely terrible it's obvious you don't do it often"

  I sag back on the seat relaxing

  "You have no idea, I hate it and I don't know how people lie all the time it's so hard"

  We make it to the airport quickly, just as the door of the plane opens I jump out of the car hoping on the spot. I see my mum's face first and I grin at her. As soon as the steps hit the pavement I race up them and into her waiting arms

  "Mum I missed you"

  She swallows me in a bear hug, I feel dad's arms wrap around us both, pulling me tight against his chest.

  "And all is right in the world again"

  Dad whispers against us both

  "We missed you too baby"

  I pull back and look behind them

  "Where is Luke?"

  Dad disappears and reappears with Luke in a car seat, he's sleeping soundly and he's got so big. I smile at him then climb down the stairs, they put the baby in the car then they greet the boys. Mum pulls away sniffing the air and she grins hitting dad in the chest.

  "What?"

  "Smell her"

  He frowns and sniffs the air and he grins looking at us all, I laugh

  "Yes Your going to be grandparents again"

  They run and tackle me into a hug avoiding my stomach

  "Oh I'm so excited, congratulations baby girl"

  "Now let's go and see your new home and meet that grandbaby of ours"

  We rush home and when we get there I hear his screaming before I even get out of the car, I sprint into the house, thankfully he hadn't combusted into flames so I go to him and lift him up. He starts to relax in my arms as I kiss his little cheek and soon his cries turn to smiles. I kiss his little nose and he giggles reaching for my hair so instead I blow bubbles on his belly and he giggles throwing his arms all over the place making me laugh.

  "Well don't you look right at home with that baby in your arms. After watching you change a nappy I never thought I'd see the day"

  I chuckle at the memory and turn Carter around so he's looking at my parents, they melt in front of me in a puddle like big sooks coming over to say hey. I let him know that these people will protect him when mummy and daddy's aren't around, he clasps his little hands together excitedly

  "You want to come to pop baby? Come here"

  I hand him over and he goos and Gaas at him happily as Ashley stands awkwardly, I take her hand and pull her towards me

  "Mum, dad this is Ashley"

  Dad grins at her and mum pulls her into a hug.

  "She's beautiful, you're beautiful. Call us pops and nana, Now show me to my room I have a stinky baby to get changed and I need a shower"

  I nod and Ashley takes mum's hand and leads her up the stairs, Mark comes in from the laundry room smiling.

  "Hey j how are you doing?"

  "I'm just getting introduced to this little one, smells like you are good to"

  I snort as Mark's eyes widen and he looks at Scott who crosses his arms over his chest.

  "And why the hell would you smell different mark?"

  I could see he was trying not to smile but mark didn't notice that, he scratched the back of his head and looked around

  "Em Ah maybe I just smell if um Ashley because um I em washed her bedsheets, yeah that makes sense I smell different because I was in her bedsheets, no I mean I washed them, I washed them"

  I burst into a fit of laughter as he continues to panic, he glares at me as Ashley comes down the stairs. Scott points to the sofa

  "Both of you on the sofa now"

  "Damnit mark I told you not to lie you're a terrible liar almost as bad as Lucy"

  She grumbles walking past Scott and sitting on the sofa huffing. Mark sighs and sits beside her, she leans on his shoulder and they both look at Scott.

  "No marking each other, if you mark her she goes into heat and you're not allowed to do that until she's 18, if and only if you get permission from your mother to share a room you can. But I want to talk to her first. And when you move I want you to go to school every day, no exceptions and I want you home one weekend every month and when we go on holidays you come with us"

  She jumps up and hugs him.

  "And we are still your guardians even if you move, if you want something you ask us. Promise me?"

  He says hugging her back

  "I promise, does that mean we can stay here for the rest of the summer and until the rogues stop attacking marks pack? Can we stay with you guys instead of going to Bora Bora?"

  Scott grins not letting her go

  "I wouldn't have it any other way. I know we haven't known you long but I want you to know I'll always have your back and you will always be ours. Promise that you know that"

  I feel my emotions bubble up and spill over and down my cheek. Damn emotions are all over the place. Scott's the sweetest father I've ever met and as much as I understand why he cares for her so much it still shocks me when he's so damn sweet

  "Great making me cry again"

  I mutter going to them and hugging her too, Jaxon comes over with tears of his own as he pulls us all in for a hug. Mark gets up and hugs us and I giggle when Scott grabs his face and pushes him away, he points to him

  "If you hurt her I'll kill you and no marking until she's 18"

  "That's not fair, she needs to wear my mark to get the respect she deserves. She needs to be marked if she's coming to school. Do you realise how many assholes are out there that want to hurt me and take her. I want to mark her"

  I pulled back smiling, he sounded so sure when he talked like he believed every word of it, he sounded like an alpha. His voice is straight and direct. I sat down to watch the standoff between them

  "Mark her another way, put a ring on her finger or something"

  I rolled my eyes he was ridiculous, Jax snorts

  "So you're willing to marry her off but not let him mark her? They are mates Scott you can't stop this. Let him mark her and they follow the rules and stay here for the summer. When she's 18 she can marry him but he's right she's going to be Luna and the pack need to respect her"

  "Exactly thank you Jax"

  Dad watches the stand off like it's the best tv show he's ever seen and I can't blame him because it is entertaining.

  "Can you all stop talking about me like I'm not here or I'm not important. I ain't getting married yet I'm to young but you can mark me I'm ok with that as long as I can mark you back"

  I smirk as they all take what she says into consideration

  "Why won't you marry me? Marking is like getting married anyway? Just let me put a ring on your finger too?"

  She rolls her eyes and shakes her head

  "No"

  "You should let him put a ring on your finger it's the proper thing to do"

  Scott adds, I roll my eyes. They all managed to get on the same team suddenly as they all looked down at her. She growls and shakes her head

  "You know what do what the hell you want"

  She growls stomping off to her room and slamming the door dad shakes his head and looks at the boys

  "Your all dumb as a doornob you know that?"

  They all looked confused and dad shakes his head

  "You think a girl wants to hear that she's getting engaged like that? Like she's something to be owned. Mark go and apologise and tell her you will mark her and wait to get engaged and that you won't talk about her like that again"

  Dad slaps the back of his head and I grin as Mark groans and walks off to her bedroom. After that the day goes quickly and soon it's time for my parents to leave with the kids. My stomach does a flip as I get ready to say goodbye

  "What if they are watching us, what if they know we have left with him?"

  Jax hands the baby to me to say goodbye

  "They won't know because you're going through the tunnels, only me and Dale know about it, it's for the ranked families in case we are attacked. Their is a car waiting for you at the end of the tunnel and you can drive yourselves to the island where caden and Baylee will meet you"

  He wags us out the door and towards the cellar under the house.
  I had never been down here, it was like a little apartment down here. I looked at Jaxon for an explanation

  "The place locks down so there is enough stuff to keep us going if we are attacked. This way"

  He goes to a Matt on the floor and moves it, there is a metal floor with a panel beside it, he sticks his hand to it and it opens clicking into place. The floor moves, the metal door is at least 12inchs thick as it opens up to steps, he climbs down and turns on the lights and suddenly the place is illuminated showing a clean warm tunnel that went on for what looked like miles. The baby coo's in my arms bringing my attention back to him and suddenly I realise this is it, I had to say goodbye now and I could feel my emotions bubble up.

  "You need to be good for pops and nana ok? No combusting and you listen to Nana when she tells you to trust people. I love you baby. I love you so much"

  It's like he knows he is going and he frowns, his little lip pouts out and his chin wobbles

  "Nope none of that now baby, we will see each other soon ok, so we are not allowed to cry"

  It was too late, tears were already streaming down my face.

  "You can go with them baby, you don't need to fight"

  Scott says pulling us into his chest and kissing Carter on the head

  "You know I can't do that. I love you baby, mummy is going to miss you so much"

  "So is daddy,"

  "This daddy too"

  Jaxon adds kissing his cheek as I kiss his nose and Scott kisses his other cheek.

  "Ok mum take him, please keep him safe"

  I hand him over, his little face looks at me devastated but he doesn't cry, I on the other hand blubber like a damn baby.

  "It's ok baby, go on upstairs and concentrate on the fight, we will keep him so safe I promise"

  I smile, kissing his head one last time, dad kisses my head and I climb back up the stairs and away from my baby. My heart physically hurts saying goodbye to him, Ashley and the kids say goodbye to me next and they climb down the hole. I walk out of the cellar needing a minute to compose myself.

  Lexi
  He's going to be ok

  Me
  Then why are you whimpering too

  Lexi
  Because we will miss him more than he will miss us

  I chuckle, it's true. I know he will be fine but it doesn't stop the anxiety eating at my stomach and making it turn. I gag running to the sink but thankfully my stomach content manages to stay down so I take a sip of water and try to relax, my phone rings so I answer it, Ailm let's me know she will meet us at the border in an hour. I decided to get dressed, stuffing extra into my bag. When I'm done it's almost time to leave and my nerves are all over the place so I distract myself by going to the front where the boys had the warriors lined up. They all looked pumped up and ready to go, they were out for blood like us.

  most of them hated the old ways, others accepted the new ways but most are too young to remember the old ways and they think it's barbaric what the rogues are doing. I trusted all of them to do the right thing and over the last few months this pack has changed, it's not the Lycan gang that I moved in slightly afraid of, this is a pack, a true pack. This is my pack and I was so proud of them for changing and adjusting their ways for me. Both boys turned to me looking worried.

  "Just spit it out, the faster you say it the faster we can get this over with"

  Jaxon looked almost pained as he stared at my stomach, he was fighting with himself, urging himself to let me make my own decision and do what I feel is right as where Scott wants to tie me to the bedpost. I cross my arms and look him over

  "You even dare do that and I'll make sure you never get a hard on again"

  He snorts and smiles

  "You wouldn't dare, you love it to much"

  I snort and take a threatening step forward

  "You wanna test that theory love?"

  He side eyes Jax who looks genuinely terrified then he takes a step back and heaves a sigh

  "Fine fine fine! But your riding on our back and you stay with us the entire time and keep yourself alight"

  He points at me with his finger as he scolds me, I try not to laugh

  "You really did become a grumpy granny when we got married didn't you"

  His jaw drops and he gasps as jaxon snorts and laughs

  "Are you implying that I'm a woman?"

  "Actually yes I am, now shift so I can climb on"

  He growls pulling his short of

  "Scott mcgregor you do not strip on the front lawn you go around the back so no one sees you"

  "Now who's the grumpy granny"

  I growl walking up to him as he's about to strip of his pants and I catch his ear and drag him with me

  "Awchhhh ok ok I'll go, let go your embarrassing me"

  I snort letting him go, he takes of around the house red faces mumbling something about me being a bossy boots I look to Jax

  "Don't worry I'm not that stupid"

  He smirks, kissing my lips and running around the back. I smile and then I realise Dale and some of the other men are laughing. I shrug but then they start to strip

  "Excuse me innocent eyes here at least turn around you pack of animals I swear absolutely no decorum whatsoever"

  I rant turning away, they laugh and snort

  "Innocent my ass we were stationed outside your house for 2 days so you could have a constant fuckfest. Their isn't an innocent bone in your body"

  I gasp at dale and I March over and slap him around the head

  "Hi Awch that was sore I'm not your mate"

  "No but I'm your Luna and if you say that again I'm cutting you off, no dinners or breakfasts none of it"

  I huff crossing my arms but soon when some dude drops his shorts they all laugh at my embarrassed face

  "I'm sorry Luna, I'll be good, guys do what your told turn around and strip"

  Dale kisses my cheek then goes back to stripping, I keep my eyes to the sky until Jasper comes out moaning. He licks my belly sniffing it and whimpering