Part 40

Bella's POV

"Ugh, you are unbelievable. You almost got kidnapped and you are being such a-"

"Such a what? What were you saying?" Kai's smile fades away. He sits up and stares at me with a confused expression.

"If you really want to know then you shouldn't interrupt me." I roll my eyes and shake my head.

I hear Kai scoff at me.

I turn around to look at him. Kai gets up from his bed and walks closer to me.

"Are you mad at me?" He asks as he backs me up against the bathroom door.

I shake my head slowly. "No, of course not."

"Now isn't the time to lie." He says plainly.

"I really am not."

Kai sighs.

"Really." I say, I push him out of my way so I can get my clothes. "Go rest."

"I don't want to."

I scoff. "You must be joking around, right?"

"I don't want to rest. You should be the one resting."

"I'm not the one that got dropped and punched."

Kai wraps his arm around my head and pulls me closer. I raise my eyebrow at this awkward movement. My head starts hurting and I whimper in pain.

"You hurt your head. Why didn't you tell us?"

"I JUST WOKE UP, KAI! I PUT YOU TO BED THEN I WENT TO LUHAN'S ROOM TO TALK TO ABOUT IT TO HIM. BUT HEY! YOU DECIDED TO TAKE OFF MY CLOTHES AND NOT TELL ME. HAVE YOU HEARD OF PERSONAL SPACE OR MAYBE A BUBBLE? IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT SOMEONE WHO ALMOMST RISKED THEIR LIFE FOR YOU?!" I snap at him. My eyes start tearing up, but I quickly wipe them away.

Kai stands there in shock, probably unable to speak. I grab my phone angrily and look at him.

"What happened at the beach was really scary for me! You're someone I care about and they were hurting you. Even if we were dating or not, I would have saved you. I don't even know what I did, but I did it. I was so scared, you have no clue how I just wanted to run to Luhan and cry about it. But I fought it because you were in trouble. I didn't do this because I was paid or anything! I want you to rest and not fight with me because you know your own body. I see your lip with dried blood and bruises on your stomach." I cry out to him. I point to his lip and his stomach.

Kai tries to speak up, but I run out of the room with my large t-shirt and phone in hand. I quickly put on the t-shirt that, thankfully, is like a dress to me. I run outside and start making my way away from the house.

I dial Zoey. She has a lot coming to her right now.

Kai's POV

Bella runs out of the room in tears.

I grab my hair and hold my head up.

"What did I do?" I ask myself in shock. "I can't believe this!"

I look out the window and see Bella with a t-shirt on and her phone out.

"Oh no! She can't be leaving! Not like this, it's only the 3rd day!" I think to myself.

I quickly run out of my room. I stop at the front door.

"Maybe she needs some time alone....aish, I shouldn't go. Wait, maybe I should, I shouldn't risk anything." I turn the door nob. "But she can't run away, not without talking to Luhan. I'll just wait."

Bella's POV

"Omo! Are you crying?" Zoey asks through the phone.

"What the heck! How do you know?" I wipe my tears away and continue walking away from the house.

"I am your best friend, I can practically tell from your 'Hello'. Anyways, why?"

"Kai-"

"OMO! HAAAALLLEEEE NAWWW!!" Zoey screams through the phone.

"You spent too much time in America."

"NEXT TIME I SEE HIM, I WILL RIP HIS-"

"No, no, no! Oh! Please no!"

"Why not?"

"I think I overreacted. Let me tell you everything that happened. It was so crazy."

After telling her what happened, all I hear is a gasp and complete silence. I, then, start to hear hangers and clothes.

"Zoe? What are you doing? Hello?"

"See you in Korea!"

"QWHAT!?"

"I'm packing and taking a flight over there. You clearly can't handle this on your own."

"Did you not hear the part of ME fighting 3 masked men?"

"All I heard was you crying, fainting, and yelling. Also, the face that you went to the beach. Either way, SEE YOU THERE!"

"What? You can't! Your school, your family, do you know how long it took me to save up for this trip?"

"I got it covered. I'll explain when I see you!"

"But-"

"See ya!"

She ends the call.