Chapter One

I fluttered my eyes open to see the sun peek from my yellow curtains. I sat up and stretched, I groaned as I did. I looked at my wrist that had the same thing as everyone else, my name and barcode numbers. Emery Cain, 2378621. My dog Mickey, yawned as he slowly opened his eyes and stretched on top of my bed. I smiled and patted his head.

"Good Morning, my little love," I whispered as I kissed his head. I threw off my blanket as Mickey hopped off my bed to avoid getting hit. I walked into my bathroom to brush my teeth. I made sure to brush really hard, after I finished, I wiped myself with my small towel that I put beside my heart shaped mirror.

I tied my blonde hair up into a messy bun, grabbed my other towel, and took a nice warm shower. I hummed as I bathed myself. After a few seconds, I started to think about my dream. Who was that person calling me? Why did it sound so familiar? As if I heard a thousand times before. I couldn't understand it.

I turned off the water and got out of the shower. I wrapped the towel around myself and noticed Mickey waiting for me, outside my bathroom door. His tail wagging happily. I chuckled at him and walked out of my bathroom. I went to my room and put on my underwear.

I debated on what to wear. I decided to wear a red plaid shirt and blue jeans. I decided to go bare footed. I opened my door to head downstairs but not before I jerked my head to Mickey.

"Come on Mic, breakfast," I said and he followed me downstairs. I went to the kitchen and I saw my mom and dad. Mom was making breakfast as usual and my dad was watching a football game on our small tv that we kept on top of the counter.

"Good Morning," I said cheerfully as I skipped over to give my mom a kiss on the cheek. She was making pancakes, chocolate chip pancakes, my favorite. I squealed when I saw them and I hugged my mom. Everybody says how I look exactly like my mom but for some reason, I didn't see it. Now I know it's normal for teenagers to say that sometimes but it feels there's something off between us. But I never say anything so I just say thank you a lot.

I went over to my dad and bend down to him a kiss. He ruffled up my hair and I swatted his hand away.

"How did you sleep?," He asked. I averted my dad's eyes as I went to grab Mickey's breakfast.

"Fine," I lied as I grabbed the bag and poured it into Mickey's food bowl. I always lied to my parents about my sleep. I didn't want to worry them because then they'll watch me take my pill so I could sleep fast. I hated taking those pills, I never dream when I do. 

"That's good," He says and then he cheered for his team. I rolled my eyes at him as I shook my head. Dads and sports, I will never understand. My mom chuckled when I did that, she placed my plate on the table. I grinned as I sat down and ate my pancakes happily.

This were so good! I loved them. I don't remember exactly when I started liking them but as soon as I took one bite, I was in love. My mom sat down beside me and spoke.

"So, what are your plans for today?," She asked and I grabbed my glass of milk and drank it. As soon as I finished, I spoke.

"I'm going to the park today, my friend Rachael has got this huge party she's planning so I'm helping her plan," I said excitedly. I loved parties, all the dancing and the music. It gets me so pumped. My friends call me the party animal. I always act crazy whenever there's a party.

"That's exciting but remember the rules," She said sternly. I rolled my eyes and recited all the rules she gave me.

"No drinking, no smoking, no tattoos, no running away with boys, and be home by eleven," I said rolling my eyes. It's true, I didn't do all those things. Well except for drinking, that's the only thing I do but I know not to get drunk. So my mom doesn't need to know and I usually bring a small toothbrush and toothpaste so she wouldn't smell it and I bring perfume also. What my mom doesn't know won't kill her, as the saying goes.

I got up from my chair and placed the plate and utensils in the sink. I grabbed my converse and socks that I left by the door which my mom always hates when I do that. I grabbed the leash that I hooked our door. I whistled to Mickey.

"Come on Mic, time to go to the park," I called and he scurried off and wagged his tail at me, I hooked the leash on him and he barked happily. I looked at my parents and smiled at them.

"Bye guys, see you later," I said as I opened the door. They both looked at me and waved. They also grinned and blew me a kiss.

"Bye, we love you!," They hollered. I blew them a kiss also and grinned.

"I love you, too," I said and I closed the door. It's going to be a great day today. I just know it.