Chapter seven

It was Halloween and I was stuck in a hospital. Who would have thought? I chuckled without humor in it. I smoothed down the blankets that I was laying on and looked up at the ceiling, it was white and looked a little dirty. I closed my eyes and sighed. I hated this. I don't even know how I got sick, I just think it was something minor but not the flu, I didn't expect the flu. But then again, I'm always sick. Constantly. In fact there's not a day where I haven't visited a hospital without some sort of sickness, my parents can't explain to the doctors as to why this happens to me.

I rubbed my eyes and sighed. I remembered what the doctor said, of how my parents didn't get me any shots when I was little and I angry at them for it. How could they not give me any shots!? It doesn't make any sense! Were they stupid and simply forgot about that!

Suddenly I heard the door open and Rachael popped her head in. She was wearing a Harlequin costume and I grinned at her costume choice. Her blue hair tied up in pigtails to go with the outfit.

"Hey," She said smiling. I held out my arms towards her and she hugged me. She was squeezing the life out of me but I enjoyed it.

"Oh, I'm so glad to see you! It's been so boring!," I say as I rolled my eyes. She chuckled at me and sat down at the edge of the bed.

"So, how are you?," She asked softly. I brushed my hair to the side and sideways looked at her.

"It could be better," I say softly and she nodded in understanding. Rachael always visited me when I got really sick, I can't remember a time when she wasn't there. When I first met her, I was in the nurse's office and puking like crazy. She was sitting across from me and jokingly asked how could she pull something like to get out of P.E. I laughed even though I felt like shit. That's how we became friends. She visited me each time I got sick, which is those days today. She smiled at me and held out a Halloween bag.

"I got you some candy!," She grinned and I took it gratefully. I hugged it towards my chest and looked at her.

"Thanks but I don't think my doctor will allow me to have this," I say and as if on cue, he walked in. He was wearing a skeleton costume which I thought was ironic because we were in a hospital.

"And what is it that I won't allow you to have?," He asked with a mischievous glint in his eyes. Rachael looked at him wide eyed and then she looked at me. She was smirking and indicated something with her eyes.

He's hot her eyes said. I blushed when she looked at me like that but then I realized we were having a silent conversation with Dr. Light in the room so I looked at him sheepishly.

"My friend brought me candy," I say as I held out the bag. He looked at it and chuckled.

"Well it is Halloween! And I told you we had candy for our patients! So you can have some," He said smiling. I smiled at him and took one out. He held out his finger towards me in a wait motion. I raised my eyebrows at him. "But only if you allow me to have some".

I grinned at him and handed some chocolate, he smiled and stuffed it into his pocket. He then smacked his forehead and I jumped from that gesture.

"I almost forgot! I made Halloween cookies!," He said and he walked out the room in a haste. As soon as he left, Rachael turned to me.

"He's hot! If I had a doctor like that I would never leave," She said twirling her hair in a girly way. I rolled my eyes at her and shoved her.

"He's older than us!," I said while rummaging to look for my favorite sour candy. Rachael was looking inside the bag also and glanced at me.

"So? Once you turn eighteen, you could hit that," She said while wiggling her eyebrows.

"I don't even seem him like that! I mean yeah, he's an attractive guy but he looks like he could be my.........older brother," I say slowly. I stopped rummaging through the bag and crinkled my eyebrows together, he actually could be if he wanted to be. I heard Rachael snort and I look at her.

"Yeah right! An older brother! Like the government would allow that to happen! Who's ever heard of an illegal child!?," She said and then I heard Dr. Light walk back in. He had a giant grin on his face as he held out a tray of cookies. They were shaped like pumpkins.

"Happy Halloween!," He shouted with glee. We each took one and thanked him. As soon as I took a bite, it tasted like how it was shaped, pumpkin. I widened my eyes because this was my favorite cookie and no one knew I liked this cookie because no one in my family or friends ever made this. I looked at me and he grinned.

"Do you like it? I made it myself," He proudly said. I nodded and he smiled. He placed the tray down and checked my IV bags and my temperature. "Okay you look better than you did before, but we're still gonna keep you here, just in case".

I nodded in understanding and he smiled. Then suddenly he did a gesture that felt so familiar. He ruffled my hair. That gesture made me catch my breath.

"Well Happy Halloween," He says softly. I swallowed and slowly nodded and then he walked out of the room.

What the hell was going on in my life?

Happy Halloween guys! I hope you enjoyed this Halloween chapter! I'm so happy that Halloween in on a Saturday! Have a nice day and Happy Halloween!