Chapter thirty one

I was in and out of consciousness. Everything was moving to fast. Voices that sounded far away. It was hard for me to breathe since I was moving to fast. My heart was pounding as my eyes flew open and I looked up at the ceiling. But it wasn't my ceiling, as a whole bunch of doctors were looking down at me and shouting incoherently. I unconsciously tried to move my arm to move the oxygen mask but someone had gently put it on back. I had no idea what was going on but I was having a panic attack. I tried fighting off one of the doctors but they held me down and I was suddenly sedated. 

~

A few hours later, I had woken up. My eyes had rabidly scanned the room. I was in a hospital room again. I tried to sit up, only to find out my wrists have been restrained. I noticed that they were bandaged up from what I just did. I tried to get the restraints off, but my skin feeling the burn from all the friction of the harsh movement. I started to cry out, my legs kicking out from the bed. I heard a door open and I whipped my head to see who it was, my hair flying over my face like a madwoman. It was Nate.

He looked at me and his eyes didn't show any emotion. He didn't say anything as he grabbed a chair from the computer table that was beside me and sat across from me. He clasped his hands and leaned forward. He looked to me and then to my arms, and back to my face.

"I want to know . . .What the hell you were thinking," He said as his eyes looked cold as ice. I didn't answer him as I looked away from him. He suddenly grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him. "Anastasia, answer me! Because you must have a hit a real low point for you to have done this!"

"I was tired! I was tired of the same routine! I keep ruining everyone's lives! Don't you get it! I'm a nobody! You don't need me! I just hurt everyone!" I yelled out. Then Nate did something I never expected him to do. He slapped me. I felt the sting from his slap and felt my cheek heat up from the contact. I looked at him in shock, tears sliding down my face. His eyes hardened as he looked at me, his jaw clenching. I never seen him like this. So furious at me. It scared me. He was the calm one, always has been. He finally spoke in a low voice.

"Do you even hear yourself! You are not a nobody! You're being so selfish! Did you even think about what would happen to me if you died! I would have lost it if you died! And what about Jasper! He cares about you too! And your new friends! They would be so devastated! So don't you dare say you're a nobody!" Nate exclaimed as he got up and gathered his papers. He turned his back to me but before he left, he looked at me. "You're on 24 hour suicide watch"

"What!? No! Wait! Nate! Wait! Please! Don't do this! I'll be good! I promise! Don't leave me!" I screamed out. I saw him hesitate but he kept on walking. I thrashed around the bed and screamed out. Suddenly a several nurses came in and held me down, one of them sedated me. I slowly calmed down as my body relaxed from the sedative. I whispered my brother's name but no one heard me as I fell asleep.

~

Moments later, I woke up. Groggy as I tried to sit up but the restraints held me back. I looked around and noticed it was dark outside. I sighed as I placed my head against the pillow. My wrists and ankles were numbed from the restraints, I tugged at them softly. There was no point at trying to make them loose. I bit my bottom lip, I really did it this time. Nate was so furious with me. I've never seen him like that before. He was so furious and terrified at the same time. He didn't understand what I was feeling. I was just so tired of hiding everything. Having to pretend everything was fine when it wasn't. I looked up at the ceiling, at the dull beige color of it.  I listened to the ticking of the clock that was in front of me.

There was nothing for me to do here. I guess that's what I get for trying to kill myself. Utter boredom. I blew a hair out of my face. My nose was incredibly itchy and I had to pee. I looked around and I found the button to call the nurse. I pressed it and waited for the nurse. Five minutes later, a nurse came in. She looked unpleasant as she had a stern looking face, she also looked like she hadn't slept in awhile.

"What is it?" She seemed cross and didn't like that she was being bothered. I gulped as I looked at her and looked at my legs and I spoked softly.

"I have to use the bathroom," I say softly as I flipped my hair out of face. She raised an eyebrow at me and crossed her arms. I shifted my eyes away from her as I waited her response. She made me extremely nervous. But then again, anyone who looks like they have high authority makes me nervous.

"Are you going to try anything?" she asked. I immediately shook my head, indicated that I was serious and I wouldn't try anything. She gave me a piercing look before unhooking the restraints from my wrists and ankles. I massaged my wrists and flexed my ankles a little bit. I got off the bed and almost fell over due to the pins and needles I felt on my feet but the nurse caught me and helped me to the bathroom. She waited outside while I did my business. My eyes burned softly as I blinked, once I finished, I washed my eyes and splashed water on my face. I opened the door and walked out. The nurse guided me back to the bed. She was about to put the restraints back when I stopped her, she glared at me as if daring me to try anything.

"Please don't put it on again," I pleaded. She sighed as if she heard that a million times and shook her head at me.

"It's mandatory," She said and placed the restraints on. I sighed as I allowed her to do it. As soon as she left, I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. There was nothing else for me to do for what I did. Or at least tried to do.