Chapter twelve

I woke up in a hospital bed, I gasped for air and looked around the room. It was the same walls as before, it was painted a nice beige color. An IV was attached to my arm again and I felt to awake. To alert. I scanned the room and I saw that there was a Christmas tree in front of me, not decorated. I press the button for a doctor or more importantly, Dr. Light. As if on cue, he opened the curtain as if he was outside.

"Hello," He chirped out. I tried to speak but found that I couldn't and I grabbed my throat and looked at him. He checked my monitor and turned towards me. "Due to your allergy of strawberries, your throat closed up while we were working on you, it will come back after a few days"

He handed me a notepad and pen and I immediately wrote on it. After I was done, I showed it to him.

How long was I out?

After he finished reading, he spoke. "You were out for a few days, it's December 17, it's almost Christmas".

I widened my eyes and he smiled at me. I was out for half of November and December all because of an allergy to strawberries. Why didn't my parents know I was allergy to strawberries? They're my parents! They're suppose to know everything about your child! So why didn't they know? My parents look like they don't know anything about me. I clasped my hands together on my legs and looked down. I closed my eyes and exhaled. I didn't understand.

I didn't understand as to why my parents didn't give me a flu shot or why they did not know that I was allergic to strawberries. They looked like that have never taken care of a child before. Now that I think about, I don't remember them of ever taking care of me when I was sick or anything like that. It was strange and I didn't like it.

"Hey, are you alright?", Dr.Light's voice startled me and I whipped my head at him. He eyes were filled with concern as he searched my face. "You're crying"

I touched my cheek, indeed I was crying. I smiled and wrote on the notepad and showed it to him.

I'm fine

"You're lying," He said suddenly. I looked at him, startled. How was he able to tell that I was lying? No one ever knew when I was lying. I stared at him, confused. "Your shoulders are slumped meaning you are stressed about something, you clenched your hands together to keep them from shaking because you're thinking of something, I didn't just think you were lying because you were crying, I'm a behavioral psychiatrist also".

I blinked at him and he chuckled. He was so weird.

"So wanna tell me what's up?," He asked. Honestly, I didn't want to but when I saw his hazel eyes that looked so trusting, I ended writing what I felt. And I couldn't stop.