Chapter four

I groaned as I sat up but I immediately regretted as a pounding headache wedged between my head. I clutched my head and laid it against the floor. Wait, why am I on the floor!? What happened last night!? I wanted to sit up but I couldn't because of the giant headache so I peeked my eyes open a bit, everybody was gone. Everybody was gone from the party!

I slowly sat up and pressed my back on the glass table. I placed my hand on my forehead and groaned. Suddenly I saw Rachael appear from her kitchen wearing the clothes she wore from last night. A bright yellow tank top and jean shorts. She smiled at me softly and walked towards me on the gray carpet she had. She sat next to me and I placed my head against her shoulder.

"What happened last night?," I groaned. She chuckled and patted my knee. I smiled when she did that but then I placed a hand against my ear because my headache was going crazy on me.

"The best party ever, Em", She said and I placed my hands into my head. I felt her shift her body and I took a peek at her. Her blue hair was in a messy pony tail, she had bags under her eyes but she had a smile on her dark skin. Her pierced nose ring glimmered from the sun coming from the blinds. The sun illuminated the room showing off how messy the living room was. Plastic cups everywhere, streamers on the floor, pillows from the couch were scattered about, etc.

"Then how come I don't remember any of it?," I groaned and she nudged my shoulder. She chuckled when she saw my expression and made a pouty face.

"That's because you were drunk all night," She said while prying off my hands from my face. My eyes widened when she said that. All night! I was drunk all night! I shot up from the floor that I was sitting on. But I immediately regretted it because of the pounding headache, I gripped onto the glass rectangular table that Rachael had. She got up and placed her hands on to my face.

"Hey, take it easy," She said but I frantically shook my head. She had a worried look and ran my fingers through my hair.

"You don't understand! I was suppose to be home by eleven! My parents are going to kill me!," I said hyperventilating. Rachael's eyes widen and I stepped past her but she grabbed my arm.

"Okay, I know you're freaking out but I need you to calm down, you look a little sick," She said sternly. She was right, I did feel sick. But not as in vomit sick when you drink too much Alcohol but I felt cold sick. The living room was room temperature, so why was I freezing?

My stomach churned and I covered my mouth, I ran towards the kitchen and opened the trash can. I heaved out all the contents from last night, after I had finished, I sat on the floor. I trembled, what was wrong with me!? Why am I feeling this way? I haven't felt sick in awhile but I was panting like a dog. I also realized that I haven't brushed my teeth and I just vomited. Perfect.

Rachael came into the kitchen and swore when she saw me. She rushed towards me and placed my arm around her shoulders. She smiled softly at me.

"Okay, let's get you home," She said guiding me to the front door. She grabbed her car keys and we headed out. I groaned when I saw the sun and covered my eyes. We walked on the pavement slowly towards Rachael's car. She put me in the passenger's seat and put my seat belt on.

She got into the other side and turned on the engine. The car roared to life and I closed my ears at the loud noise. She got out of the parking spot and drove to the direction of my house.

"I feel like shit," I moaned. She chuckled and glanced at me quickly before placing her eyes back on the road.

"You look like shit too," She commented. I would've glared at her if my eyes didn't feel like they were getting chopped off.

"What a great best friend you are," I mumbled. She laughed softly and I felt her stop the car. I dreaded walking into my house but I had no choice. I unbuckled my seat belt and slowly got out of the car. I heard Rachael getting out of the car too and I turned to her. She walked around her car and I followed her walk, she stood beside me and grinned.

"If you're going down, I'm going down with you," She said and I placed a hand over my heart. She was such an amazing friend. We walked towards my face and I remembered that I forgot my key at home. Crap, now I would have to ring the doorbell. I looked at it and sighed, I had no choice. My finger trembled when I pressed it. We waited in silence.

...

After a while we heard shuffling and someone opened the door. It was my mom. She had an angry look, her face looked red from all the anger. We looked at each other in silence. Then my mom broke it. She broke it with a hammer.

"Where the hell have you been!," She screamed. I winced and covered my ears, I cracked one eye open and saw that my dad was beside her now. He too had an angry look. "Do you know how worried we were!"

Rachael spoke for me and I mentally thanked her for that. She placed her hands on my shoulders and spoke gently.

"We're sorry Mrs.Cain, we just got carried away with the party and we lost track of time, it was my fault," She pleaded. My mom looked at Rachael and spoke sharply.

"This doesn't concern you, Rachael, it is about the fact that our daughter acted irresponsible, we told her to come home at a specific time and she disobeyed us!," She shouted. I looked down at the floor, feeling ashamed. But then something strange happened, I was suddenly seeing double. I closed my eyes for a bit and reopened them, it was gone. My mother sniffed me and wrinkled her nose.

"Is that Alcohol that I smell? You drank Alcohol when I told you not to!," She said scanning my body. She moved her body aside, indicating me to get inside the house. I obeyed so I wouldn't get yelled at again. I heard my dad thank Rachael for bringing me home and was about to close the door on her but then she stuck out her foot and opened the door, surprising my dad. She walked past him and we all stood in the middle of the hallway now.

"Mrs.Cain please don't punish Emery, it was my idea to have the party and to bring Alcohol so if anyone needs to be punished, it's me," She said with her guilt stricken face. But my mother shook her head.

"I don't care whose idea was it to have the party or bring Alcohol, it's the fact that she disobeyed my orders to come home at a specific time and she drank illegally," My mom said sharply. My mom looked at me with anger in her eyes. "You are grounded, Emery".

Rachael pleaded with her and my mom spoke back to her and then my dad joined in. Suddenly it was a screaming match but I couldn't hear them. My vision was blurry and their voices sounded faint. Sleep, I wanted to sleep. My body tilted as I hit the cold floor. I heard them all shout my name but I ignored them.

I let the darkness consume me.

Good morning guys! Was that a long chapter? Uh yes it was because it is Saturday and I also have no school on Monday! Woo HOO thank you for Columbus Day! Have a great day guys and enjoy the chapter! :)