Chapter eleven

It was Thanksgiving and we were going to a restaurant as a new thing. Normally my family either goes to our house or their house but we wanted to do something different. My dad's family and my mom's family all decided to chip in and go to a huge fancy restaurant for thanksgiving. I was really excited to go. I already finished up with my makeup and smiled in the mirror. I was never really into makeup, I only wore it for special occasions. I think natural beauty is true beauty for girls.

I walked out of my bathroom and went downstairs. Suddenly a flash hit my eyes. I blinked away the flash and looked for the source of who took my picture. Of course, it was my dad.

"You look beautiful!," He grinned while looking at the photo he took. I rolled my eyes at my dad and placed a hand on my hip.

"Dad, it's just a dinner, not my prom," I chuckled. He shook his head and wrapped his arm around me. He kissed the side of my head and chuckled.

"I can't help if my daughter looks so beautiful," He said. I looked down at my outfit and smiled. I wore a black dress that showed my shoulders and black heels. I wore a silver simple necklace. I wore my blonde hair loose and only had a little bit of makeup. I heard Mickey barking and laughed when I saw him. He wore a turkey sweater and was wagging his tail.

"Happy Thanksgiving to you too," I squealed. I kissed his head and he barked. The sound of my mom's heels filled the room and she came to where we were standing which was by the door to leave to for the dinner.

"Okay, I'm ready," She said and my dad rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, after two hours".

My mom smacked his arm and he rubbed it. She glared at him but he gave her a goofy grin.

"Okay guys, let's just go," I said pushing them forward. I turned my head back to Mickey. "We'll be back soon!"

He barked in response and I laughed. I pushed my parents out the door and I then I closed it.

My dad turned on the car and we got in. I put on my seatbelt and we were finally off. I looked out the window and saw the moon illuminating the city. It was so beautiful that I had to take a picture. I smiled down at the picture and sent it to Rachael.

Look at that Thanksgiving moon I texted. She texted a minute later.

You are the only person I know that would text a Thanksgiving moon she texted. I giggled and texted back.

Can't help it! I'm such in a thanksgiving mood I texted.

Glad to hear! Anyway, what are doing today? She texted.

Going to a huge family dinner party at a restaurant I texted.

Ohhh fancy She texted.

I know but ugh my family are going to keep pressuring me about what to do with my life I texted.

Ugh I hate when they do that! She texted.

I know right! I'm just gonna ignore them and enjoy the food! I texted.

Good for you! Well text you later! She texted.

Yup! I texted. We finally made it to the dinner which was called Family's Love. Kinda a coincidence since it was thanksgiving. My dad opened the door for us and we want inside. My dad went to the hostess and spoke.

"The Cain family," He said and the woman checked her list. She looked up and smiled.

"Ah, the Cain family, right this way," She gestured and we followed her. We made it to the table to where our family was seating. I smiled at my family and kissed and hugged each and every one of them. It took me while because there were so many of them. I finally stopped and turned around to get to my seat but then I bumped into someone.