Chapter six

I stared at him as he smiled at me and his arm extended towards me. I took it slowly and shook it. His hand was warm and soft and had a protective grip on it. I looked into his hazel eyes and he had some sort of mischievous glint in them. As if he knew something that no one else knew and that made me smile.

"It's nice to meet you," I say as I placed my hand back on my lap. He chuckled and sat on a stool that was beside me. He checked the chart that he was holding and skimmed over it. There was crinkle in his forehead as he read it.

"Well you are finally hydrated but you're still a little weak so we're keeping you here for a few days," He said as he looked up at me. His voice had a soft tone to it as if he was always reassuring someone. There was a calendar behind him and I looked behind it. It was October 30th, a day before Halloween. I immediately protested.

"I can't stay here! Tomorrow is Halloween! What the hell am I gonna do in here when everyone else is having fun!," I shouted as I extended my arms across the room. He rolled his eyes at me as if I said the most stupidest thing in the world.

"This is a hospital, not a prison, we do have candy for our patients," He said smiling and patting my hand. "We try to make it fun, Emery"

"How do you know my name?," I breathlessly asked. He gave me a are you serious look. "What?"

"It's on your chart," He replied with a duh tone in his voice. Once he said that, heat rushed towards my cheeks and I tucked a hair behind my ear.

"Oh," I mumbled. He laughed softly and it was a really nice laugh. I glanced up at him and he had this huge grin on his face, his eyes were twinkling. I couldn't help but laugh with him, his laugh was contagious.

But then I started coughing. I covered my mouth with my arm and coughed violently. Dr.Light immediately patted my back and I heard him shout at someone.

"I need some help in here!," He shouted and I heard other doctors rushing in. They put something into my arm and the coughing seized. I clutched my throat and Dr. Light placed his hands on to my shoulders.

"Are you alright, Emery?," He gently asked. I nodded weakly and he gave me a soft smile. "Okay, well get some sleep, I'll check on you later and hopefully you'll feel better by tomorrow".

I nodded and he gave me a glass of water from the pitcher that was in front of my bed. He handed it towards me and I drank it, gratefully. He laid me down on the bed and smiled at me.

"You're going to be fine, I promise," He whispered smiling. For some reason, I believed him. I didn't know know why, I hated hospitals. You don't know if you're coming back out alive or not, that's why I hate it. But his words, his soothing words and reassuring voice made it all better. So I smiled at him and held out my pinky.

"Promise," I say softly and he chuckled. He held out his pinky and linked it towards mine.

"I promise," He said smiling. I nodded my head at him and he walked away. I rested my body against the bed and closed my eyes. I dreamt of the doctor with hazel eyes and a contagious smile that made me feel like I met him somewhere before. And that he always made me smile.

Guess who's still alive!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry it took me so long! When you're a senior in high school, you have to think about the college life and make sure you're passing everything in all your classes -.- This took me awhile but I finally published a chapter! Enjoy my lovelies!