Chapter Thirty Eight

After we had finish taking our shower (and making out a lot), we both got dressed for the party. Jasper had brought his party clothes with him when he came to the house before so that way he could be ready for today. He was wearing a black and white striped shirt with grey jeans, black jacket and black and white shoes. I wore a orange v-line dress with floral print and beige heels. I curled my hair at the bottom slightly and Jasper put gel to spike his hair up a little bit. When I curled my hair before, I noticed it was returning back to its original color, brown. Good, I hated being a blonde, it did not suit me. I covered up all the hickeys up with makeup and smiled. Jasper pouted when I did that but I ignored him. I placed on a ring and grabbed my purse and we were ready to go.

He smiled at me and grabbed my hand. We walked out the door, and he turned on his car. He held open the door for me and I thanked him, he got into the driver side and turned on the car. He drove away from the house and I suddenly got nervous. I forgot how introverted I was and I realized I won't act like "Emery" but Anastasia. How am I suppose to keep up the party girl facade? They will notice that I'm acting different. I was so focused on my thoughts that I didn't notice that Jasper had called my name out.

"Tasie!" he yelled. I jumped from my seat, my heart pounding from the sudden yell. Although his eyes were focused on the road, it held concern in them. "What's wrong?"

"It's just that. . .I'm going to the party as myself, the introverted Anastasia. I'm not the extroverted Emery, the girl who loves to party and plan parties. That girl knew who she was, she was confident, she took risks, she let her voice be heard. But the real me? I was afraid to even speak, I was never confident, and I only took that risk to go outside was because I was afraid I was going to die in that house without ever knowing what it was like outside," I said as I looked at Jasper. He kept his eyes on the road but I noticed that his jaw was clenched. He suddenly made a sharp turn, his eyes looking around and parked at a dead end street. I looked at him, startled from his actions because he could have killed us. I was about to tell him off when he suddenly took off his seat belt, grabbed my face and kissed me. I was so surprised by his actions that I left my eyes wide open while he kissed me, he broke off the kiss, not allowing me to give me time to kiss him back. "Jasper Griffin, what the hell!"

"Don't! Don't say that to me ever again! Don't you ever mention yourself dying when you know that you almost succeeded in committing suicide! Do you know what I did when I heard you tried to kill yourself!? I screamed! I screamed so loud that my mother had to slap me to get me to stop screaming! She thought I lost it, hell, she was going to make me see a therapist, for god sakes! Because the girl I fell in love with wanted to kill herself because she believed that she wasn't wanted! Tasie, I am so grateful to have met you!"  he said as he held onto my face. "You changed my life! Anastasia, I fell in love with the shy, introverted girl who made me want to get to know the girl who hid herself from the world because she believed the world never wanted her! But the truth is, the world wasn't ready for you! They weren't ready for Anastasia Light to shake the world"

I was speechless, I was utterly speechless. I tried to say something but I couldn't. His speech stunned me to silence because I never met someone who cared so much about me besides Nate. So I did the only I thing I could think of, I took off my seatbelt and I kissed him. I wrapped my arm around his neck and gripped onto his shirt. Our mouths in sync with love. We whispered each other's names and we were both crying. We broke apart and we held each other, tears pouring down our face. He placed his forehead against mine, taking a shuddering breath. "Please don't ever leave me"

"I won't, I promise," I whispered as I linked our pinkies together. He thumb brushed my cheek and he kissed my lips again.

"I'm sorry for that outburst," he murmured as he clasped our hands.