Part Two - Chapter Twenty-Eight: Getting Married

Cristiano grinned as he watched Sergio walk Eliana down the aisle, he had a feeling that something must have happened with William and he wasn't going to dwell on that now when he was just about to get married.

Making a mental note to ask later on what had happened, Cristiano focused on how beautiful Eliana looked and he knew that he was never going to forget today for as long as he lived.

Eliana smiled back at him as they reached the top of the aisle, Sergio did a wonderful job of handing her over and she was so thankful for what he had done since it had been at the last moment.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate one of life's greatest moments to give recognition to the worth and beauty of love and to say our best wishes to the words which shall unite Cristiano Ronaldo and Eliana Silva in marriage," the official said smiling at the couple, it was a beautiful day for a wedding and the sun shone warmly down on them all.

Jennifer took a deep breath and she hated her ex-husband even more for the fact that he had chosen his fiancée over their daughter; she knew that she would never forgive him for trying to make Eliana's wedding day about him.

"Cristiano and Eliana life is given to each of us as individuals, and yet we must learn to live together, love is given to us by our family or our friends we learn to love by being loved," the official continued looking over the congregation; it was a pretty small gathering considering how famous the two people before her were.

Cristiano and Eliana had only invited family and close friends to their wedding, they didn't want the numbers to reach the thousands and it had taken some work getting the numbers down.

"Learning to love and living together is one of the greatest challenges of life and is the shared goal of married life but a husband and wife should not confuse love of worldly measures for even if worldly success is found, only love will maintain a marriage," the official said turning her focus back to the couple before her.

Elsa babbled contently in her grandmother's arms, she looked so adorable in her little dress and everyone was sure that she was going to be the image of her mother when she was older.

"Today truly is a glorious day the Lord hath made as today you are blessed with God's greatest of all gifts, the gift of abiding love and devotion between a man and a woman," the official beamed knowing that it wasn't every day that she got to marry a set of celebrities especially as big as Cristiano Ronaldo and Eliana Silva.

The two of them had put Madeira on the map in recent years and it was clear that they had never really forgotten where they had come from after all these years.

"All those present here today and those here in heart wish both of you all the joy, happiness and success that the world has to offer as you travel through life together, I caution you to remember that the true measure of success, the true avenue to joy and peace, is to be found within the love you hold in your hearts," the official said making Eliana swallow, it stung that her father hadn't cared enough to stay.

Cristiano was what Eliana had wanted and she was sure that one day when it was their daughter's turn that they would make sure that she would never have any regrets about the biggest day of her life.

"I would ask that you hold the key to your heart very tightly it is love which brings you here today the union of two hearts and two spirits as your lives continue to interweave as one pattern remember that it was love that brought you here today," the official continued knowing that the couple had always seemed so happy and she couldn't imagine what they might have been through to get to this point.