Part Three - Chapter Nine: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2013

Climbing off the plane, Eliana took a deep breath as she checked her phone to make sure that Elsa was alright; she hadn't been able to bring the little girl with them but she knew her mother would look after her. 

They had arrived in Zürich for the Ballon d'Or ceremony and Eliana knew that Cristiano had high hopes on beating Lionel Messi; he had lost to the other man for three years in a row. 

Cristiano had enjoyed a good year in football even if he had been a little distracted with things at home; he had done so well and Eliana was sure this year would be even better. 

The couple ignored the press that called for them to stop and take pictures with them, they wanted to get to the hotel and prepare for this evening even if Cristiano did have interviews to go to before that even happened. 

Cristiano took Eliana's hand keeping her close, he was a little nervous about this evening and he was looking forward to being able to relax with Eliana for a while; he couldn't imagine doing this without her by his side. 

Eliana had missed out on the ceremony last year since she had been heavily pregnant with Elsa; it was sort of fitting that she was pregnant with their second child right now. 

It almost seemed odd to think that Eliana was nine weeks pregnant, the couple still hadn't told anyone else that they were expecting and were hoping to wait a little longer before they told anyone. 

There were quite a few people waiting around for the couple and Eliana had to admit that it had been a while since she had been to anything like this; she was happy to be here supporting Cristiano when he needed her. 

Eliana had been able to easily pick out her dress for tonight and she was hopeful that it would look good on the red carpet; she was a little worried that something might go wrong.

***

Stepping into their hotel room, Eliana sighed in relief moving to sort herself out and glad to be away from prying eyes; she hated how everyone wanted to know what she thought about who was going to win. 

Eliana wanted Cristiano to win and for some reason that made her a bad person in a lot of people's eyes, it didn't help that people spread horrible rumours about her personal life about. 

Heading for the bathroom after she had hung her dress up for tonight; she didn't want it to get all wrinkled up before she'd even got a chance to wear it. 

Eliana started to run herself a bath, she had a few hours before the ceremony and it would take her time to get ready; she wanted to look perfect for that night. 

Stripping out of her short sleeve crinkle wrap blouse and jeggings, Eliana was glad that she was alone right now; she sighed padding over to the large mirror in the room and stared at herself surprised that already there was a tiny bump making itself known now. 

Eliana couldn't resist brushing her fingers against the small bump that she carried, she couldn't wait to find out what they were going to have and she knew that it was just another step in building a family with Cristiano. 

Moving back into the bathroom, Eliana tied her hair up and out of the way not wanting to get it wet; she would style it later when she had the chance. 

Climbing into the bath tub once her bath was ready, she relaxed back into the hot water and she closed her eyes wanting to enjoy her peace and quiet before she had to deal with the outside world. 

Cristiano would be back when his interview with Lionel and Franck Ribéry was over.

***

Fixing his suit as he climbed out of the car, Cristiano took a deep breath as he stepped onto the red carpet and waited for Eliana to join him; he couldn't believe that he was actually here right now.