CHAPTER 6- CAFETERIA GAME

Eventhough I didn't like Lily in the beginning, we are starting to get somewhat close. I still hate her with my guts but I'm trying to get along with her for the sake of Toby and the baby.

Lily and I went for exrays and found out they have a boy and he was due in a few months. The date they gave us was suppose to be about a week after graduation, but anything could happen in between.

Imogen, Isis and the rest of the gang isn't happy about Lily and I being 'friends' but I told them to trust me, and they do. I found Imogen at lunch and asked her what happened between her and Lily. Her face scrunched up and said she doesn't wanna talk about it. I only sighted and left for class.

"Haley bear?" I groaned as I turned to look at Lucas for the fifth time in ten minutes. I only shook my head and turned back to the front. The period ended quickly and I dragged Lucas behind me to our table. Their eyes went as wide as soucers as they stared at him. We sit down but their mouths kept hanging.

"What is everyone's problem today? Are you famous or something?" Lucas laughed loudly and shook his head. I looked around and saw everyone staring at him. Lucas took a seat on my left side. With a seat still open on my right.

Daniel entered the cafeteria. Everyone went silent and stared. He walked straight to our table and I locked eyes with him. His face only remained stoned. I looked away and at Lucas. We started talking about a group activity what we should do this weekend. I took a sideways glanse at Daniel and saw his jaw clenched.

I looked straight foward and being brave for a second, I grabbed his clenched fist under the table and loosened it with my hands under the table. It would have been harder if he was reluctant but he let me do it. He intwined our fingers and held my hand. I took a quick glance at him and saw his clenched jaw loosening a bit. I bit back a smile and continued talking to Lucas.

"How about we go to the lake?" Max asked as his eyes flickered between me and Daniel.

"So cliche. How about skydiving?" Everyone started saying what we should do but I kept quiet.

"How about we go to the lake this weekend and then for spring break we all go to some place oversees?" I asked. Everyone turned to stare at me. I blushed quickly and looked down at my lap where our hands were intwined. I played with his thumb between my thumb and pointer finger.

"That's brilliant. We have to go to Russia." Elora said.

"No, we have to go to paris." Just like that everyone was arguing again.

"How about we take a hat, throw in the paper you wrote on where you wanna go and let some random person draw one." I said now.

"That's brilliant. When did you become this smart Hailey?" Max asked. I gasped dramatically and took out my note book and passed a pen and a paper to everyone. I let go of Daniels hand to write on the paper, but he was reluctant to let go. When he did let go I felt empty. It didn't feel right to let his hand go. I knew I was being silly so I let it go and wrote where I wanna go.

"Now, where do we put the papers in?" Haiden asked. I thought for a moment and grabbed my bag. I have a can in there somewhere because I needed it for biology today. Aha, I got it. I put it on the table and everyone threw their papers in.

"Really Hailey?" Max asked again.

"What?" I looked at him in confusion.

"How can you be this smart today?"

"That is very rude. I am always this smart. Your just to stupid to notice." I stuck my tongue out the same time he did.

I took the can, closed it and shuffled it. I stood up and walked to a random person at the back of the cafeteria.

I put the can in front of the perverted dude from my first day and told him what to do. He shuffled the papers once again and opened it. He pulled out a paper and I told him to pull out two. I took the can and the two folded papers and headed back to the table.

"Why two?" Kaiden asked. I told then that we all wouldn't want to go to maybe paris, so I took two and then we could all mutually decide where were going. I opened the first paper and LA stood written on the paper. I rolled my eyes and opened the second one.

Venice.

"Looks like it's or LA or Venice." The boys hooted for LA and the girls for Venice. I growled because they were more than us so it can't be fair. I threw the papers in the can away and put the two papers in. I headed back to the boy at the back and let him pull one. He did.

The guys at our table looked at me in confusion. I told them it was not fair because they were more than us. It's only fair to let someone els pick. They groaned but nodded. I opened the paper in anticipation.

Venice.

I hooted and the girls laughed loudly while the boys grinned and shook their heads at us. I knew they were romatic people because they would've objected.

"That's unfair babe." Daniel said. My heart fluttered at the word but I kept my face imobile. I raised my one eyebrow at him and the rest scooted closer to see what the fuzz is about.

"There are so many places people want to go. Like Fiji. But then there's mamanuca islands in Fiji. Another is Ireland, the giants causeway. Let's start over but you need to give the exact place. You take two papers and write two places down. Is that fair?" We all nodded and did it. I wrote down my places and put them in the can. I shook the can and went to some random girl with big classes.

"Hi, sorry to bother you." She looked scared at me but I only smiled.

"Can you please grab two papers from the tin?" She nodded and grabbed two. I thanked her and went back to my table. Everyone looked curious as I sat down. I opened the two:

1) Fairy Pools, isle of skye, scotland
2) Glow worm cave, new zealand.

I read them out loud and Isis pumped her fist into the air. I smiled at them and sat down. Daniel threw the other papers out and put the two in. He went to a random guy and he pulled one out.

It's fairy pools in scotland. I smiled brightly as everyone agreed to go there. Lucas next to me smiled as bright as the sun as he heard of the place. The girls gushed about how perfect it would be.

As I looked at them I realished how lucky I am to have them in my life. I felt a stare on my face and turned towards Daniel.

"What?" I asked smiling.

"Nothing." He shook his head but smiled nonetheless.

"Nothing at all." He muttered.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××