CHAPTER 14- SECRETS AND PROMISES

Daniel led me downstairs and into the forest. I started to worry but said nothing. He led me into a clearing. In the clearing was a lot of teenagers fighting each other. I could see a few older people fighting to but they were mostly the trainers as I could make out. I turned to Daniel and looked at him in question. He took my hand and led me out of the clearing into another part of the forest with no one near.

"This is serious Hailey. And you have to promise to let me explain first before you run. Promise?"

"Promise." He was starting to confuse the hell out of me. He started taking his clothes of and I closed my eyes. I felt his hands remove mine from my face.

"You have to watch." I nodded and opened my eyes. He pulled his shirt over his head and unbuttoned his jeans. He pulled them down and then the boxers.

"Wait, if your gonna play stripper why didn't you just strip in your office?" I tilted my head sideways and stared at his face. I could see a smirk on his face as he stared at me. He only shook his head at my question.

His body began shaking and I watched in amazement as his bones broke. His human body was replaced with one of a wolf. Just like Jacob Black. But definatly hotter. His fur was pitch black with a silver stripe running up his chest. On his back was a silver heart. His eyes were still the blue they always were.

Instead of running for the hills like most people would do in this situation, I narrowed my eyes at him. I blew out an angry breath and demanded that he turned back. He did and surprise was his only emotion.

"You didn't run." He said.

"No. Because unlike you I can make a promise and stick with it." I said icily.

"What do you mean?" He frowned and took a step closer. I held my hand up and he stopped.

"You lied to me Daniel Grayson King! You made a promise and didn't keep it." With that I turned around and stormed back in the direction of the house. I passed the clearing and headed to his cottage. I stormed upstairs, slammed and locked the door behind me. I slid down the door and pulled my knees to my chest.

"Please Hailey. I'm sorry. Talk to me baby." I ignored him and started foward. I heard his retreating footsteps and stood up. I walked to the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I opened the tab and let the water fall into the tub. I threw in a lot of bubble bath and undressed. I got into the bath and let the hot water relax my tense muscles.

"I'll talk to her." Imogen said. There was a knock on the door but she didn't wait for a replay. She opened the door and closed it directly behind her.

"How did you get in?"

"Daniel has an extra key. Mind telling me why your mad. I can feel the anger rolling down you in waves." She raised her eyebrows and I sighted.

"He made a promise and broke it." She stared at me with shock and surprise.

"So your not mad because he turned into a big giant wolf?"

"Nope."

"So let me get this straight. Your mad because he broke a promise. Not because he turned into a werewolf?"

"That's what I just said captain obvious." I closed my eyes and layed my head down on the end of the tub with my legs folded over each other, hanging out of the tub.

"What promise did he break?"

"He promised me he won't keep anything thing from me."

"And your mad about that? Why?"

"Because everytime he keeps something from me, we fight. And he promised he won't keep something from me. And this is something big."

"Didn't you ever think that maybe he kept this from you to keep you safe? And this isn't something you say like it's an everyday thing Hailey. He is an Alpha Hailey. He needs to protect his pack and his mate, which is you. He can't tell you everything. There's things he needs to hide to keep you safe. Just think about it oky?"

I sighted but nodded nevertheless. I heard Daniel and Imogen speaking but didn't listen to what they are saying. I heard the door open again and then close. With my eyes still closed I asked who it was. Nobdy answered so I opened my eyes.

Daniel stood in front of me with a look of sorrow on his pretty face. I shook my head and told him to get in. He looked surprised but undressed. He pulled his boxers down and I closed my eyes. I heard a laugh and then felt his body being lowerd into the water. I opened my eyes and stared straight at Daniel. I twisted my body around and layed with my back to his chest.

He wrapped both arms around my stomache and kissed my head. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment.

"So, tell me everything about this werewolf thing." I said, my back still against his chest.

"I,m the Alpha." The smugness rolled off of him in waves. "It means I'm the big boss in the pack. I basically rule over everyone. You are my mate, like a soul mate. The moongodess gives every wolf someone that's meant for them." I nodded, letting everything sink in.

"I am twenty two. Not nineteen. The reason that I went to school was because we realised that someone in the pack is betraying us."

"Tha's why you were so frustrated?"

"Partly. We have a lot of rogues passing through my land this past few months. Each time we change the schedules to catch them they go through the small gaps that's left open when the shifts change. Someone must have given them our schedules."

"What's a rogue?"

"A rogue is a werewolf without a pack. Usually rogues are the ones kicked or banned from a pack because they don't follow rules. Sometimes we get rogues leaving their packs because of the alpha dying or the pack was dying out or something like that."

I turned around in his embrace and looked straight into his eyes.

"You said you were partly frustrates because of the rogues. Whats the other reason?"

"You." He said as his eyes darkened.

"Me? What did I do?" I asked confusedly.

"Nothing. But the full moon is coming up and it's frustrating me."

"Why?"

"Because we need to mate my love. The full moon is the time the female mates go into heat."

"Heat?" He nodded.

"It's when a male can't keep from mating with a female. Meaning she smells better than anything else and your wolf needs to have sex with her." My eyes widened in shock. I blushed deep red and looked down at the bubbles that's still covering me from his wandering eyes.

"But I'm human." I said stupidly.

"Your half human, half werewolf love. Your brother is a werewolf and one of my best fighters. Your mom was a human, like most girls in the pack, and your dad was a wolf." I nodded slowly, taking everything in.

"If your lucky then you can turn into a wolf, but most females are human."

"Why?"

"Because males are superior to females and somewhere along the line something happened that made females stay human even if both parents are wolfs."

"So your my mate? Which makes me?"

"The luna and Alpha female. Eventhough your human, you still have authority above the pack." I nodded slowly and layed my head on his chest.

Looks like I will be living a Bella Swan live, except I'm running with wolves, not vampires. And my werewolf is so much hotter than Jacob Black and Edward Cullan mixed.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××