Chapter 12: Engagement

Hi, I'm back again with a new chapter and you will like it. 

XOXO
Storyworld

♕~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~♕

(Raphael's POV)

My baby sister was getting engaged, and to The Emperor of Russia. 

Three months ago she came home after having been missing for two months which didn't really surprise because she usually travelled to other countries and stayed there on vacation. But this time it was different. She came home confessing she was one month pregnant with a child. And not just any child. She was pregnant with the child of The Russian Empire's Emperor. When my parents heard this they were so upset at her. But I was more upset at Aleksei. He wasn't just The Russian Emperor but also my best friend. 

How could he have done this to her? And now he even forced her to marry him? Shameless. I won't tolerate this. I'm Lucinda's brother. If anyone should marry her it should be me. I loved her first. But I can't because she's my sister. And I have to tolerate this because Lucinda love him and I don't want to make her upset. 

I can't stand seeing her cry. 

~~~~~~~~~★★★~~~~~~~~~

(Clarissa's POV)

I helped my daughter dress herself. Though I couldn't understand why she decided to dress herself in a korean hanbok I must say there was a certain beauty in it. It made her look like royalty and whenever she walked, she walked with such grace and elegance fit of a queen. 

I pitied Eric for not marrying my daughter

I pitied Eric for not marrying my daughter. In my opinion she was a better candidate for him than that shameless tramp who was seen on many scandals with Ryan Embryo and Clarke Kendrix. No one really knew what these three saw in her. I was just glad that my Lucinda didn't have to bother to get hurt by their complicated relationship. 

And I am even more glad that she is going to become an empress. Though I freaked out when she announced that she was pregnant I am much calmer now that I know that she will marry a good man who truly loves her and will take care of her for the rest of his life. Men like him were hard to find. I must give my daughter credit for that.

~~~~~~~~~★★★~~~~~~~~~

(Julian's POV)

My daughter held that man's hand as they entered the ball hall and walked to their table. They were indeed a very beautiful couple. Everyone stood up and bowed towards The Emperor. He made a nod towards my table and turned his cold gold eyes towards the rest of the guests. This man truly sent shivers through my spine. He was dangerous I could tell but only if you managed to piss him off. And I loved how he was showing no emotions or affections towards anyone but my daughter. She was special to him. This kind of man is truly worthy of my daughter! With him she could always feel safe.

I could feel my eyes tear up. And this wasn't even their wedding. 

~~~~~~~~~★★★~~~~~~~~~

(Eric's POV)

Looking at both of them I could already tell they would have a wonderful marriage in the future. As I imagined that man together with (my) Lucinda bitter thoughts entered my mind. 

Why was he going to have that wonderful person and not me?

She was my betrothed first.
I was the one who saw her first.
Our parents wanted us together.

She was mine first!

I glared at Aleksei, who was smiling smugly, as I chunked down another glass of wine and looked over to where my so called wife was. She was dancing together with one of her lovers. At first our marriage had been good and happy but then she started to doubt about who she loved and who she should've choosed. I loved Emily but she really was a confusing person. Perhaps if I never had met her, if I never strayed from my engagement with Lucinda then perhaps it could be me now who's having this engagement party, me who is marrying Lucinda and my child that she's carrying now. But everything was too late. 

I had considered divorcing Emily a few months ago. And perhaps if I had done that then Lucinda could have still been available for me. I wished time could go back...