Chapter 7: Mr Elam and Mrs Jannat

He knocked on the door and entered in his father's office. His father was sitting with some men who snapped their head towards him. Smile appeared on his father's face and he got up from his place.

'Gentlemen meet my son, Elam.'  Mr Farooq introduced him proudly with men who were sitting there. They looked up and they shake their hand with each other.

'Dad, I need to talk to you if you are free.' Elam said and his father looked at him.

'off course, just give me some time' Mr Farooq said whereas he nodded his head in yes and sat back down on couch which was laying on side of room and his dad continue the meeting. He was sitting in silence when his phone start ringing. He looked at the phone and it was 'Jannat calling.'He picked up the phone and walked out from the room. He closed the door behind and put phone on his ear.

'Elam, where you are gone? when did you go? Why did you go anywhere? You shouldn't go anywhere, you are still not fully recover yet.' Jannat worried voice came in with many questions.

' Calm down Jannat. Take a breath and one question at one time.' Elam said while smiling and Jannat felt embarrassed with her out burst.

'Come on,Mrs Jannat, ask your questions now. I am waiting.' Elam said teasingly and smile appear on Jannat's face by calling her Mrs Jannat.

'Where you have gone Mr Elam?'  Jannat asked and smiled appear on Elam's face.

' I am at dad's office Mrs Jannat.' Elam said

'You shouldn't go there as you are not fully recover yet Mr Elam.' Jannat said

' I know but I was too tired sitting in bed. I am better then before, so I decided to come here, Mrs Jannat.' Elam replied

'Why you go there, Mr Elam.' Jannat asked again.

'I have something important to discuss with dad, Mrs Jannat.' Elam said

'When you will be back Mr Elam.' Jannat asked again and Elam start smiling.

'Are you missing me already Mrs Jannat.' Elam said teasingly and phone was about to fell from Jannat's hand with his statement. She quickly got grip on herself.

'No, It is nothing  like this. Stop thinking too high about yourself Mr Elam.' Jannat said while controlling her shock whereas Elam start laughing and Jannat took in deep breath.

'My bad, maybe I am not that important to you yet, Mrs Jannat.' Elam said and waited for her reply. 'You have no idea how important you are to me Elam, I realized when they were hitting you.' Jannat thought to herself

'Take care of yourself, Mr Elam.' Jannat said while changing the topic and Elam sighed as he understood thatshe had change the topic.

'Yes I will, Mrs Jannat.' Elam said and turn off the phone. Then he took in deep breath and entered in the office where his dad was shaking hand with men and they walked out.

'Come on sit here.'  Mr Farooq said and he sat down on the chair.

' What do you want to talk about?' Mr Farooq asked and he looked up at him.

'Dad, do you remember Ghazal and Ali ' Elam asked

'The couple who helped you.' Mr Farooq said and Elam nodded his head in yes.

'What do you want to tell me.' Mr Farooq asked

' Dad, there is no electricity in their village and they are in need of it.' Elam said and looked at his dad who was listening.

' I don't know how they are living like this.  There life is double hard then ours. The government didn't provide electricity to them as if they don't exist.' Elam said and his dad was still looking at him.