Chapter 36: Progessed in Relationships

Elam was sitting on his bed while reading a book when Jannat walked out from restroom. She looked at him then sighed and walked towards bed. She sat down on bed then opened up the book, and put it in front of her face , but in actual she was not reading. She was unable to read it. She looked at Elam then sighed again. Then she fake coughed to got his attention but he kept reading. It had been a week since slap incident and he was not talking to her.

'Elam, stop ignoring me.' Jannat said and he first time looked up at her.

'Aww Poor Jannat is getting hurt by getting ignore.' Elam said sarcastically and Jannat glared at him.

'I don't get it why you are ignoring me and not even talking to me. Mum slap you not me.' Jannat said

'But you was the one started by calling me animal.' Elam replied back with blank face.

'Really? Do you think I was wrong. You mother fell down and you didn't even move from your place.' Jannat said back and Elam looked at her.

'Jannat, stop it. It is easy for you to forgive and forget but I can't.' Elam said and looked away whereas Jannat was looking at him.

'Elam, I am not saying it's easy. It must be hard for you. All I want it to at least try to accept them. Stop being so cold and harsh towards them. You was never like this. You used to be calm and always kind just the way you was with me at the start of marriage.' Jannat said and looked at Elam who stayed quiet but kept looking at his book.

'Elam, I am talking to you.' Jannat said but he kept reading.

'Elam stop ignoring me.' Jannat said seriously but he again kept reading. He was reading when she angrily took out book from his hand and throw it down. Elam looked at her who was glaring at him.

'Don't ignore me.' Jannat screamed then angrily came out from bed , and walked toward where she throw the book then picked it and started ripping the book's paper. Elam shocked sat there looking at her then he quickly stood up , and walked towards her.

'Jannat, what are you doing?' Elam asked while she kept ripping the paper and started throwing them on floor.

'Jannat, stop it.' Elam said then quickly got hold of her and tried to took out book from her hand. In order not to gave him book she turned over as her back was facing him now.

'Jannat, I said stop it.' Elam said loudly this time but she didn't listen to him when he got hold of her from back and tried again to took out book.

'Give me god damn book.' Elam said when he got hold it her hand , and stopped them. She suddenly stopped when he took advantage and took out book from her hand. He throw it away on bed while his arms where still around her.

'Have you gone mad?' Elam asked but she stayed quiet, and that annoyed Elam more. He was about to say something but before he could say anything he heard her sobs. He surprised moved away hand around her arms then slowly turned her over. She was indeed crying.

'Jannat what happen? Why you are crying now.' Elam asked and she looked at him  then started crying loudly. Elam looked at her then moved her toward him , and she fell on his chest while he started rubbing on her back.

'Relax Jannat. What happen to you?' Elam said softly while she kept crying , and just nodded her head in yes then moved her hands, and put them around his waist.

'I am sorry. I shouldn't have done that.' Jannat whispered said while crying .

'You are only one person who have always listen to me. Always give me his all attention while talking to me. So when you ignore him I felt my mind had stopped working. I always lost my mind.' Jannat said while tears were flowing from her eyes.