Chapter 12 : Cake

She slowly opened her eyes and sat up on the bed. She looked at her other side and Elam was sleeping there peacefully. He had woke up to read Fajr Salah but then he went back to sleep as it was Sunday today. She slowly moved away dovet from her and slowly got up from the bed while trying to make no sound to disturbed his sleep. She got into restroom and then cleaned herself up. She changed her clothes and walked out. She started walking towards room's door but before she opened the door she stopped in her tracks then walked back in. She walked towards him and sat down on bed next to him. She got hold of his hand and looked at it. His wound was still fresh and he hadn't even put any medicine or bandage on it. She sighed then stood up and walked toward side bed drawer to get medicine. She took it out medicine box and walked back towards him. Then she opened pain releif medicine and softly put medicine on his wound which was right in middle of his palm. After putting on medicine she put bandage on his hand softly while trying not woke him up or cause him pain. After finished doing his bandage she got up and put back the medicine then walked out.

Jannat nervously looked at closed door. She was standing in front of her father- in- law and mother- in -law's room. Mostly everyone was woke by this time but today was Sunday. Everyone was there in their rooms. She was double minded should she disturbed them or not. She took in deep breath to gained courage then softly knocked on the door but no one opened the door. She sighed and turned over to walk back when the room door opened. She looked back and there her mother in law was standing while smiling.

'Salam.' Jannat said

'Wasalam.' Mrs Malika replied cheerfully.

'I hope I am not disturbing.' Jannat said embarrassed.

'Off course not dear, you didn't disturb me at all. Come inside.' Mrs Malika said and pulled her inside the room. She entered in the room and her father in law was sitting on sofa while reading quran.

'Salam.' Janant greeted her father in law and he greeted her back while smiling.

'Jannat you are so shy?' Mrs Malika said smiling and Jannat lookeddown.

'You know Farooq she is asking that is she disturbing me or not.' Mrs Malika said then they both start laughing whereas Jannat embarrassed looked down.

'Jannat dear we are never busy. Specially in this age. You know we are old.' Mr Farooq said

'Hyy I am not old. I am still young and happening. 'Mrs Malika said in her defend and glared at her husband.

'Off Course you are still young. I am sorry I was only talking about me.' Mr Farooq said whereas Jannat lovingly looked at their cute fight.

'Better. Thats like a my good husband.' Mrs Malika said and they start laughing. Then Mrs Malika turned back to Jannat.

'Is there something you want to ask?' Mrs Malika asked and Janant nodded her head in yes.

'Then come on ask me I will not make you wait anymore. ' Mrs Malika said and make her sat down on bed and herself say next to her whereas Mr Farooq start reading Quran again.

'Actually I wanted to know.........' Jannat trailed nervously and Mrs Malika was looking at her.

'Yeah come on ask me Jannat. Why you look so nervous?' Mrs Malika encouraged her and she looked up at her.

'I am thinking of making Elam's favourite dish but I don't know which one is his favourite.' Jannat said and Mrs Malika stared at her then start laughing whereas Janant blushed red.

'Stop laughing Malika, you are making her embarrass. 'Mr Farooq said and Mrs Malika stopped laughing.

'I am sorry but you are so cute Jannat.' Mrs Mailka commented and Janant even blushed more red.