Chapter 7 - (1.6K Words)

You sat there quietly, processing what they had just told you. You kept your eyes down at your lap going through every little thing you had heard come from them. Even though your hands were tied, they were shaking. There were a ton of things going through your mind, and almost none of them were good.

They're going to use me for ransom.

You were certain of it. Everything they had said began to add up. How much you were worth. How they knew so much about you. Why they were keeping you alive. Why they were so interested in your family. Why you were so valuable to them. It all made sense. It was so obvious that it was scary.

"You'll never get away with this," you said, your voice rigid. You squared your jaw and looked up, trying to keep your composure. You didn't know how long you would last. You hoped they wouldn't be able to see through you.

"So you've figured out our plan," Jimin said, sauntering forward to sit beside you. "But there's nothing that you can do to stop us. No matter how hard you try, we'll always be one step ahead."

"As long as you can keep your trap shut, you idiot!" Namjoon angrily stomped down hard on Jimin's foot. Jimin yelped and pulled back, shrinking into your side. You felt bad for him, but you didn't dare to do anything to help him. You were paralyzed with fear beacuse of Namjoon's sudden action.

"You're a smart one, just like me, Princess," Namjoon said, his tone changing again. "Smart enough that we have to be careful about what your pretty little ears hear...." He trailed off, leaning back in his seat and giving you a charming smile.

My pretty little ears?

"Maybe you should try to watch what you say," you said passively, tilting your head. "I can't always control what my ears hear."

Namjoon's smile instantly turned sour. His eyes scanned your face, looking for a weak spot to attack from. Your jaw tightened ever so slightly, as you were still trying to keep your composure. It was hard to do with Jimin still pressing deep into your side, holding his foot.

"I would watch what you say, Princess. You're already walking on thin ice." He moved his hand up to his chin, his face still cold and humorless. "You've caused all of us enough problems in the past twenty-four hours."

"Give her a break, hyung," the man sitting across from Jimin said, finally speaking up. "It's not her fault that Jin and Yoongi didn't do their job right."

Namjoon nodded, keeping his hand on his chin. He lowered his gaze in thought and screwed up his face, although you weren't quite sure why. You sat there and watched him, waiting for what he would do next.

"You're right, Jungkook," Namjoon said, running his hand through his hair. It still looked good, even when it was messy. "They should have been more careful, otherwise we wouldn't be in this mess right now. We can't afford any more mistakes like this."

Mistakes? Like what?

Your mind started working again, but you didn't realize that you were still staring right at Namjoon. You were spacing out, and you just happened to be looking at Namjoon, too. Of course, he was enjoying the attention he thought that you were giving him.

"Like what you see, Princess?" You snapped out of your thoughts. Your eyes came into focus, and you were met with his cheeky smile. You kept your jaw hard and gritted your teeth.

My turn.

"Not so fast, Namjoon," you paused, having said his name for the first time. "What kind of mistakes?" You asked, hoping dearly that you weren't going too far. You didn't really want to push what was left of his patience, you still wanted answers.