Ending Two (7.2K Words)

"I already know what I want."

You scanned the sad faces of the expectant crowd standing just in front of you. Your aunt's hand was covering her mouth, and she was trembling, silently waiting for you to continue. Namjoon was only a couple of feet away from her, his body heaving with every breath that he took. With every breath he drew, he was getting closer to just crumbling to the ground.

Both of them looked up at you with expectant eyes and waited for you to say something. You quietly sighed and pushed a few stray locks of hair out of your eyes. You opened your mouth to speak and watched their expressions change.

"I want to be as far away from you, this company, and this city that I can get," you spat, turning toward your aunt. "You're going to have to find another heir, because it's sure as hell not going to be me."

The shock on your aunt's face should have made you feel something, but it didn't. It was like there was fire flowing through your veins in place of your blood, numbing your sense of emotion. You had never felt this way before.

"You don't--you can't mean that! I haven't been able to see you in a decade!" Your aunt stuttered, pushing Mark and Yugyeom out of her way. "You can't leave! You're the only family that I have left!"

Oh, of course I am.

"I wonder why that is," you scathingly mused, tilting your head and giving her a devilish smile. "You paid my family three million dollars to forget about me. What makes you think that I owe you anything?"

Your aunt silently stared at you, her mouth wide open and her eyes teary. She covered her mouth with her hand and shook her head, unable to respond. She quickly turned away from you and walked to the other corner of the roof. Even though her hand was covering her mouth, you could still hear her muffled sobs.

Why? Why don't I feel bad?

You carefully jumped down from the wall you had been standing on top of, stumbling just a tiny bit as your feet hit the ground. You quickly steadied yourself and turned towards the door, not wanting to waste any more of your time. Before you could get very far, you felt a hand rest itself on your shoulder, causing you to jump.

"And just where do you think you're going?" Jaebum asked, turning you around to face himself. "Don't tell me you thought that you would be able to leave, just like that."

"Please don't do this. I don't want to hurt you," you said, defensively holding out one hand and placing the other on your holstered gun. "Just let me go."

"You don't have it in you. You're too sweet," Jaebum chuckled madly, closing the distance between the two of you and grabbing your wrist. "Now, you're going to come with me, and you will apologize to your aunt and make everything right again."

"I'm going to have to ask you to let go of her before I do something I might regret."

You turned to look over your shoulder and saw Namjoon pointing his gun square at Jaebum, the four other boys standing just behind him, also ready to fire. Jaebum glared at the man, his grip on your wrist tightening to the point where it began to hurt.

"Stay out of this, Namjoon," Jaebum barked, shielding you from his line of sight. "You have no business being here anymore. At least Jiyong and Youngbae understood that."

Jiyong left?!

You turned your head from side to side, trying to find the two men. Your heart sank in your chest when you realized that you couldn't see either of them. Jaebum grabbed hold of your chin, forcing you to keep your head still.

"We're not leaving until you let go of her. I'm not afraid to shoot," Namjoon threatened, stepping forward. "She doesn't seem too thrilled about how you're holding her right now."