Chapter 31 - (2.1K Words)

You stared at the ceiling of your bedroom with tired eyes. You rubbed your eyes and sighed. The pillow resting beneath your head was wasn't doing your neck any good at all. You had already discarded your blankets because you were so warm.

You rubbed the beads of sweat away from your forehead, and tried to close your eyes again. Maybe if you could pretend to fall asleep, it might actually work.

I can hope, right?

You let yourself lay lifelessly on the mattress. You kept a rhythmic breathing pattern, hoping to put yourself to sleep. Your muscles were sore from the few minutes that you had spent in the pool with Jimin, which made it slightly harder to relax.

After a couple of unsuccessful minutes of waiting for sleep to come, you opened your eyes and ran your hand through your hair. Once again, you found yourself looking at the ceiling because you felt that there was nothing else that you could do.

At least today could have gone worse...

You went through the events of the day in your mind, and thought about all the highs and lows. You remembered how Jin had decided to make you a familiar breakfast. That was the best memory of the day. After that, everything had kind of gone downhill.

You remembered bringing Jungkook a cup of coffee, and how he took it when he left, leaving you with two psychopaths. You remembered yelling at them, frustrated with how they were treating each other. You remember leaving the room, and Jin scolding you afterwards.

You remember pushing the glass of water off of the nightstand, and having to clean it up afterwards. You glanced over at the nightstand where Jungkook had placed the glass of water.

A glass of water would be good right about now.

Even though you didn't want to think about it, your mind flashed back to the pool with Jimin. You thought about how he was pressing himself up against you. You could still feel his rough lips resting on yours, and his arms holding you tight against him. Even though you didn't want to, a part of you missed it.

You could still hear the concerned voices of Hoseok and Namjoon echoing through your mind. You remembered how Hoseok had sat in your room while you were showering, protecting you from Jimin if he ever decided to come back.

You remember seeing G Dragon, and finally learning his real name--even if he didn't technically know yours. You felt bad thinking that Namjoon had him locked up against his will, but there was nothing you could do about it. He was either here with BTS, or with Mark, Yugyeom, and Jackson, and right now, you weren't sure which was the better option.

You closed your eyes again, and flopped over on the bed. Even if you wanted to sleep, it wouldn't work unless you could get your mind to stop first.

The rest of the day after that had been almost entirely uneventful. After the four of you had walked up after seeing Jiyong, Jin had gone to cook dinner. You had waited at the kitchen table with Namjoon and Hoseok. To make sure that Jimin didn't try anything at dinner, Hoseok sat beside you.

Yoongi, Taehyung, and Jungkook had all been missing from dinner, so there were plenty of open chairs around the long table. It didn't stop Jimin from sitting right next to you, but Hoseok had no problem with keeping him under control.

After dinner, you found that you were extremely tired. So, without wasting too much time, you quickly went up to your room. You made sure to lock your door behind you, signaling that you were going to bed for the night. You didn't want to break the rules and get any unwanted guests in the middle of the night.

You didn't have anything to change into, so you were sleeping in the clothes you had worn that day. Just before you had laid down, you followed the rules and checked your pockets. You didn't find anything except for a washed-out bill for 50000 won. You weren't sure how it would help you, given your current situation. But, you hid it in one of your shoes, just so nobody would be able to find it.