Chapter 45 - (2.4K Words)

You bolted out the front door just behind Jiyong, waiting for an angry horde of boys to start following after you. You vaulted from the porch, leaving the door swinging wide open. You both ran like your lives depended on it--mainly because they did. You didn't know what would happen if the boys caught you. The only thing that you knew was that hesitation was going to get you caught.

You looked back at the house and saw several beams of light shining through the windows of the front room. As fear started to take over, you began to run even faster. Soon enough, you were running right alongside.

As you both got farther and farther away from the house, you relaxed and ran a little bit slower. You could see that the lights from the inside of the house had found their way outside, and they were moving quickly across the length of the yard.

"You can't slow down yet, (Y/N)," Jiyong whispered, grabbing your hand and forcing you to continue running alongside him. "We're not far enough away yet. There's still a chance that they can find us."

"Sorry, you're right," you said, disappointedly shaking your head at yourself for your laziness. "Wait--how do you know my name?"

I told him that I was Lim Chaeyeon. How does he know my real name?

"You'd be surprised how much talking Namjoon does when he's drunk," Jiyong snorted, amused by the memory. "He spilled the beans about your real name and quite a couple of other things about you too."

"Like what?" You asked, suddenly self-conscious.

"Something about how you had all of the boys in that house crawling on their knees for you," Jiyong said. "He made it sound like you were the center of everyone's attention."

You felt your stomach sink at his words. Over the past few days, you had been given three kisses, and it was like a part of your sanity had disappeared with each of them. You didn't know how many of the other boys wanted something to do with you, but it clearly wasn't just those three.

"That's why I didn't trust you at first," Jiyong said, tearing your attention away from your thoughts. "I thought you were just their plaything. I didn't think you wanted to leave."

"What made you change your mind?" You asked.

"You came back tonight, didn't you?" He answered you. "I thought you weren't going show up. But now I know better. I trust you enough for us to get out of here together."

You nodded and continued running. Your hand left his, and you pushed yourself to run even faster. You peeked over your shoulder and found that the lights had fanned out and were still searching the yard. You felt a bead of sweat trickle down your forehead, but you kept running.

They won't find us, will they?

"Uh, (Y/N)," Jiyong nervously said, and you turned your head to look at him. "We may or may not have a huge problem."

"Why, what's wrong?" You asked, peeking over his shoulder. Your heart sank in your chest as you saw what he was talking about.

A seven-foot tall chain-link fence stood just in front of you. You gawked at the fence, a million thoughts going through your mind. You looked back at the house and saw the lights were getting closer and closer to where you were.

"We need to go over, and then they won't be able to find us," Jiyong said, taking a hold of the fence. He started climbing and then gave you a confused look when you didn't move.

"Come on, we have to go!" Jiyong forcefully whispered, reaching down and pulling you toward the fence. "Why aren't you climbing?"

"I'm going to keep a lookout, in case they start coming this way," you said, pointing towards the lights. "We can't go over at the same time, something might go wrong."