Chapter 49 - (3.5K Words)

"Someone seems a little tired, eh (Y/N)?" Junior chuckled, opening the back doors of the van. "Did you have a nice nap?"

Does it look like I had a nice nap?

"How long was I asleep?" You yawned, sleepily rubbing your tired eyes. All the shapes around you were blurred together, but you could almost make out the two boys standing just outside the van.

"Long enough for us to get all the way to Seoul," Jackson said, offering you his hand. "So about two or three hours, maybe?"

You gratefully took his hand and stepped out of the van, still rubbing the sleep from your eyes. He pulled you off to the side of the road and made sure that you were steadily on your feet before letting go of you and running back to the van.

About three minutes ago, you woke up to Jaebum leaning over you and quietly whispering in your ear, trying to wake you up as gently as he could. He had sweetly covered you with a blanket, claiming that you had been shivering. While you had been sleeping, your head had fallen from his shoulder down to his lap, but he didn't seem to mind.

Once you were awake enough to understand what was going on, Jimin unrelentingly teased both of you about your position, causing your cheeks to turn dark red. You immediately covered yourself with the blanket and pushed yourself off of Jaebum's lap. Jaebum rolled his eyes and yelled at Jimin for teasing you. Jimin didn't seem to care--he was more caught up in the fact that he had discovered a new shade of red.

For the rest of the ride, everyone in the back of the van was silent. That didn't mean that Junior and Jackson weren't talking, though. It was more like Jackson was the only one that didn't quit talking. It seemed like they hadn't even realized what was going on in the backseat.

You looked over at the boys, who were busying themselves unloading the van. You squinted your eyes and saw what looked like large duffel bags lying just on top of the street. You brought your hand up to your eyes to push up your glasses, but your fingers didn't hit anything.

That's right. Jaebum has my glasses.

"Jaebum!" You called, waving him over from the group of boys unloading the van. He dropped the bag he was carrying onto the street and walked over to you.

"Yes, (Y/N)?" He asked. "Is something wrong?"

"Do you still have my glasses?" You asked, trying to hide the slight blush that you still had from earlier. "I think I forgot to ask you for them when I woke up. I can hardly see."

"Oh, sorry, I forgot I had them," he chuckled, reaching into his breast pocket and handing you your folded up glasses. "Here you go."

You gratefully took the glasses from him and unfolded them. You slid them on over the bridge of your nose and blinked until you could see clearly. The blurry shapes turned into buildings, cars, and signs that littered the side of the street. You looked up at Jaebum and smiled, instantly feeling more at ease now that you could see.

"You're not still embarrassed, are you?" He asked, his voice softening.

Your cheeks started burning, and you hoped that it was too dark for him to see how red your face was. You lightheartedly chuckled and shook your head, praying that you weren't coming off as nervous.

"Listen, (Y/N)," he sighed, his voice immediately turning serious. You looked up at him and noticed that his face had turned stony.

"It is my job to help and protect you, and I want to do the best job that I can," he said, turning his body towards you. "If you don't want to talk to me or ask me questions, I can't help you."