Chapter 38 - (2.1K Words)

As soon as you were back in the lounge, Taehyung quickly let go of your hand and made sure that the door was locked. You watched as he checked all of the bolts and then pocketed the keys again. He threw the pool ball up in the air and caught it while giving you a cheeky smile from across the room.

"Are you ready to play?" Taehyung asked, setting the eleven ball down on top of the table, still smiling.

"You mean, am I ready to win?" You asked, raising one of your eyebrows and giving him a coy smile. "I'm not going to let you beat me again, Tae."

"Maybe I should go easy on you," Taehyung drawled, leaning up against the wall. "I'd really like to see the smile on your face when you win."

You grabbed Taehyung's cue from the rack, and the spare one from its spot next to the rack against the wall. You turned back around with both of the cues in your hands and saw that Taehyung was staring at you with an unbelievably pleasant warmth in his eyes.

You can't think of him this way. You're trying to escape.

You awkwardly handed him the pool cue, uncomfortable with how he was looking at you, but not sure what to say. He slowly took the cue away from you and flipped it over and over in his hands. He kept his eyes on you until you cleared your throat and set your hand down on the side of the pool table.

"Oh, right," Taehyung said, blushing and looking away from you. "We should set up the game so that we can play."

"We should, shouldn't we?" You chuckled, leaning your cue down against the legs of the pool table. You started pulling the balls out of the pockets in the table until they were empty. Quickly thereafter, there was a perfect triangle of pool balls sitting just off-center of the table.

"Do you want to break it this time?" Taehyung asked, setting the cue ball down in front of the point of the triangle. He motioned to the table, and then raised his eyebrows, waiting for you to give him an answer.

"I will if it's alright with you," you said, grabbing your cue and carefully sliding past him. "You broke twice yesterday, so it's only fair."

Taehyung held up his hands and backed away from the table to give you enough space to maneuver with. You stepped forward so that you were standing right up against the table. You smiled to yourself as Taehyung brushed lightly past you, sending a shiver down your spine.

Come on, stop flirting and focus on playing the game.

You leaned over the pool table and gripped your pool cue tightly in your fingers. You placed the tip of the cue just in front of the cue ball and made sure that you were aiming right for the point of the form. Without a moment of hesitation, you quickly pulled back and then let the cue slide through your fingers and whack the cue ball.

You watched as the triangle form dissipated as each of the pool balls flew across the table. You waited for all of the balls to come to a stop before you moved away from the side of the table. You looked up from the table and motioned to Taehyung that it was his turn.

Taehyung pushed himself off the wall and held his cue in his hand. You furrowed his eyebrows and stared at the pool table, calculating his next move. You smiled and backed away from the table, wondering what his first move was going to be. He circled around the pool table one time before finally pausing for his shot.

He nodded his head and pulled his cue closer to him. He leaned across the table, holding the cue firmly between his fingers. You watched as he carefully aimed his shot towards a cluster of pool balls that were still relatively close together. He pulled back and sent the cue ball flying dangerously forward. The cluster separated, and you watched as some of the pool balls found their way into the pockets.