Chapter 27 - (2.1K Words)

You carefully swept the glass from the carpet into the tiny dustpan. You made sure to get as many pieces of the pieces inside the pan as you could. Once the pan was filled, you lifted it up off of the floor and dumped it into the open trash bag that was sitting next to you. You gazed at the glass pieces as they fell into the trash bag.

After what happened in the kitchen with Jin, you decided to go back up to your room and clean up the glass on the floor. Jin said that he had a couple of things to take care of, and wouldn't be able to help you. You were somewhat glad about that: It had been getting awkward between the both of you.

You brought the dustpan back down to the floor, and started to sweep up more of the glass. There were only a couple of shards left, and you were almost done cleaning up the rest of the glass.

You picked up the dustpan and held it over the trash bag again and let the last of the glass plummet into the bag. You happily set the brush and dustpan down on top of your legs, then tied the trash bag closed. You picked everything up, and made your way over to the door.

Before you could open it yourself, you heard two audible knocks on the door. You jumped, because you weren't expecting anyone else to come by.

"Are you in there (Y/N)?" You could hear someone lean up against the door. "It's me, Jimin."

Oh goodie, the perverted playboy.

"Yes, I'm in here!" You said, faking a nice tone. "You can come in."

The door opened, and to your disappointment, there was Jimin. He had the same dumb, cheeky smirk that he always did, which annoyed you. He stepped inside the room and closed the door behind him. He set something--you didn't see what it was--down on top of the nightstand, and then came to stand over you.

"Hey, what happened here?" He asked, looking at the trash bag with wide eyes. "You didn't try to kill someone, did you?"

At least he has a sense of humor.

"No, I'm not a murderer," you laughed, "I accidentally knocked a glass of water off of my nightstand, and it shattered. I just finished cleaning it up."

"If you kill anyone, make sure it's not me, okay?" He said, leaning up against the wall. "I actually came up here to invite you somewhere. I brought you something, too."

"Invite me somewhere?" You raised your eyebrow as you walked past him towards the door. "That's kind of vague. What exactly did you bring me, anyway?"

"I brought you a swimsuit," Jimin quickly stepped in front of the door to keep you from leaving. "I want you to change so that we can go swimming in the pool out back."

"And if I say no?" You were getting annoyed with him already.

"That would be breaking rule number eight," Jimin replied, pushing himself forward so that he was practically right on top of you. "All I have to do is command you to go swimming with me, and you have to do it, otherwise you're breaking the rules."

Are you serious?

"And Namjoon's been in a pretty bad mood for the past couple of days, so I don't know if you'd really want to bother him by breaking the rules he set for you. It would be much easier if you just put on the swimsuit."

"Why don't you just command me to do it, then," you articulated, trying to keep yourself calm. "I can't imagine why any girl would want to--"

You immediately stopped yourself, and turned away from Jimin. You weren't about to get angry over him. You heard him snicker, which frustrated you even more. You couldn't believe that just one person could be so disgusting and manipulative.