Chapter 39 - (2.5K Words)

"Come on, Tae," you hit the butt of your cue against the floor in an annoyed fashion, "we're still playing pool. Stop drinking so we can finish this game!"

Let's hurry. As soon as this game is over, I need to take those keys.

Taehyung set the bottle down beside him and rolled his eyes at you. It took him a few tries, but he finally managed to grab the pool cue and make his way over to the table. You sighed in disappointment and covered your eyes as he drunkenly scanned the table and looked for a move to make.

I don't understand how he's still winning when he's this drunk.

He pulled his cue up beside him and onto the table. Without giving himself a chance to steady his cue, he shot it forward and into the cue ball. The ball spun out of control, managing to miss every other thing on the table. Taehyung picked up his cue and shrugged his shoulders, then moved away from the table.

"It's your turn again, (Y/N)," Taehyung spoke, his words awfully slurred. You rolled your eyes and pushed past him, annoyed that he challenged you, and wasn't taking the competition seriously.

As you were about to push past him, he reached out and grabbed your wrist. He pulled you close, and you were suddenly aware of the lack of space between the both of you. He was close enough that you could smell the alcohol lacing his breath. Without any hesitation, he leaned down and planted a short, sloppy kiss on your forehead.

"Tae, what the hell?" You wrenched your arm away from him and pulled it close to your chest. "Don't do that!"

"It's okay, (Y/N), you just need to lighten up," Taehyung chuckled over his shoulder as he walked over to his almost-empty bottle of alcohol. "I'm drunk. I'm not going to remember this."

And exactly how is that supposed to help me?!

You shook your head and looked at the mess on the pool table. Even though Taehyung hadn't done anything to better his lead, he had put the cue ball in a spot where it was impossible for you to make a clean move. You looked again and saw that it was impossible to make a move at all. You sighed and leaned over the table, ready to sacrifice a shot so that the game could continue.

You aimed the tip of the cue and fired at the cue ball. It rocketed forward through the maze of balls until it knocked into another and lost its momentum. The ball slowly sailed towards the corner pocket and fell in at the last possible second.

"I only have one left before I have a chance to sink the eight ball," you sang, looking at Tae, who was still drowning himself in liquor. "I'm almost caught up with you."

"No matter how it ends, I'm still going to win," Taehyung said, bringing the alcohol bottle up to his mouth. "I either win the game, or I get to see your beautiful smile. There's no way I could lose."

You smiled and shook your head at him, trying to hide the slight blush playing at your cheeks. You leaned over the table again and aimed the tip of the cue at the cue ball. You steadied the cue in your fingertips and then pulled back. You felt a hand lightly touch your shoulder, which caused you to jump and hit the cue ball into the corner pocket.

Can't they see that I was in the middle of a shot?! I know they're all drunk off their rockers, but come on!

"What the hell do you think--"

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to watch you make your shot," Jin said, upset by your angry tone. His hand left your shoulder, and he looked down at the floor. "I'm sorry, I'll just go--"

Wait, is he crying?!

"No, you don't need to leave, Jin," you said, lightly placing your hand on his arm. "I'm sorry, I was just trying to focus on my shot. I didn't mean to sound so angry."