Chapter 19 - (1.7K Words)

"This is the safe house?!" You asked in total disbelief. You blinked, and took in the luxurious room around you. You didn't know what you had expected, but it certainly wasn't this. This wasn't just a safe house, it was a safe mansion.

The walls were white porcelain, and the ceilings were hung high above your head. Several thick, ornate pillars lined the walls of the front room. A gigantic golden chandelier hung down over the impressive grand staircase. You could see the second floor balcony, and several white doors lined up behind the railing. You wondered what was behind each of the doors.

From where you were standing at the front door, you could see the dining room and the kitchen, which were impressive on their own. You saw eight dining chairs, three on each side, and two on the ends. You had never seen a table so long, and it looked to be made out of mahogany. There was another, not-so-impressive, golden chandelier hanging over the table.

Hoseok chuckled at your reaction, and leaned against the door. His black clothes stood out against the sheer brightness of the white walls. You turned around, and motioned to the room around you. He pulled his hand out of his pocket, and swung it across his body.

"Go ahead and explore to your heart's content," he smiled. "I'll be right here if you need me for anything.

You hesitantly took a step forward, and gazed in awe at the rest of the house. You peeked around the corner, and you saw a short hallway that lead out to what looked like a lounge. You could see a pool table that looked like someone had left in the middle of a game. There was a large TV just opposite the table, hanging off of the wall. Several leather couches were all over the room, around both the pool table and the TV. You saw a large chiffonier that wasn't doing a very good job of hiding the various bottles of liquor and booze inside.

That seems like a little much, doesn't it?

You scanned the room some more, looking for somewhere else to explore. You could see where a door opened into a bathroom, but you decided that room was for another day. Finally, you saw a door that piqued your interest.

All the bathroom and bedroom doors looked like they had locks on the doorknob, and for obvious reasons. This door didn't have any locks on the handle, but it had more locks than any other door in the house, save for the front door. You counted four different locks, not including a keyhole slit you could see in the knob.

I'm not surprised they're hiding something, but what's down there?

"Hoseok, where does this door go?" You asked, stepping out into the main room. You were surprised to find that Hoseok wasn't where you had left him. You looked around the room, trying to find where he could have possibly gone. You gave up once you realized that it might take you hours to find him in a house as large as this.

I guess I'll just have to try and find out on my own. The worst that happens is that the door is locked, and I can't get in.

You quickly slunk back towards the room with the pool table and the mysterious locked door. You stared intensely at the door, picturing what could possibly be hidden behind it. You gathers your courage, and headed towards the door.

You stood in front of the door. Now that you were just in front of it, you could see that it wasn't made out of wood, like the other doors in the house. It was white, but it looked like it was made out of metal.

You hesitantly laid your hand on the doorknob, and took a deep breath. You pulled, and the door didn't open. It didn't even budge.

"There are locks on it for a reason," you heard a familiar voice say. You whipped your head around, and took your hand off the doorknob.